K1 K2 K3 constant of Gage R&R - Please advice

-3-Chooty

Dear All,
I am really new for Gage R&R during try to calculate, I found K1 K2 and K3 different constant values. (See picture)
I am not so sure which one should be the correct choice using for verify %GR&R, please kindly clarify for me.
Thank you very much.
Chooty

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

antoine.dias

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: K1 K2 K3 constant of Gage R&R please advice

Hi Chooty and welcome to the Cove,

In previous versions of the AIAG manual on MSA studies they worked with the higher constant values and calculated the gauge R&R in relation to the width of the tolerance.
In the latest versions however they worked with the smaller constants and calculated in relation to 1/6th of the tolerance.

There are more posts here on this subject.

Hope this helps you

Best regards,
Antoine

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Constant for thread gage calibration with the three wire system General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
M Gage R&R K1 constant - Changing of the constant affect the gage study result? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
J Unbiasing Constant "d4" formula Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
V How to Calculate Unbiasing Constant C4 Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
J Macro Question: Get Column Name by Column Number / or Use Text constant to link on a Using Minitab Software 1
B Searching for the Best Smoothing Constant using a Grid Search Using Minitab Software 2
B Calculation of c4 unbiasing constant - Capability results from Minitab in MS Excel Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 25
T Constant for a M3x.35 Set Plug using the "Three-Wire Method" Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 2
F Reliability of a System - Estimation of R(t) having constant failure rate "Lambda" Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
F Calculation of Failure - Constant Failure Rates of Parallel System Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 11
T Control Chart to use when Sample Size is Constant Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
J Evaluating a Regression Model Using the Constant Variance Assumption Six Sigma 8
O MSA Guidelines Appendix C - Value constant K3, which depends upon the number of parts Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
D Understanding ANSI Z1.9 Origin and the Acceptability Constant (k) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
A Formula for I Control Chart Limits - Different values for E2 constant of IMR? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
M D4 constant 2.58 vs. 2.57 - MSA III manual vs. SPC II manual differences Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
M X bar R Charts - d2 constant, "g" and "m" definitions Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
N Repeatability Variation and Constant d2* - What is d2* and how is it calculated? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
C Calculating Savings from Standard Deviation when Mean remains constant and SD changes Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
N Is alpha in UCI LCI formula constant or depend on sample size? (MSA Manual) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
A Measurement Brain Teaser - What constant is the basis for the meter? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 16
D Number of Distinct Data Categories:nDC: Where does the constant 1.41 come from? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
M Spot Weld Nugget - MSA Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
D Gage type and data base maintainence Using GAGEpack Software 2
F Should I perform several Gage R&R for every caliper to cover all specs range of use? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
T Gage R&R study - Ordinal data Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
Q Gage Pin Sets? Calibrate/Verify them all or just a sample size? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 22
S If 4 operate to measure, what is the value of k2?(MSA gage R&R) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
S Faro Arm, Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
8 MSA--Should I Use Parts or Gage Pins? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
C Gage Block Grade 1 - Calibration Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 15
R Gage Measuring 15 Parts at a Time Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
Q Gage calibration in disarray ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
M Gage R&R automated test equipment Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
PQ Systems Recipe for Success! 10 Ingredients for a Healthy Gage Management System Using GAGEpack Software 0
D Gage Repeatability for Faro Arm Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
S Comparing measurement results for a part from two ring gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M Quick Gage R&R Question Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
PQ Systems Best Practices In Gage Management Using GAGEpack Software 0
PQ Systems Gage R&R - 3 Part Series Using GAGEpack Software 0
I Excel based Gage R&R VS Minitab calculation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
R Repeatability Type 1 Gage and Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
W Proper gage to use for receiving inspection General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
A GAGE R&R Binomial with master list (for method validation) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
Q Gage calibration / tracking software General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
A R chart from ANOVA gage R&R test Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
M Type 1 Gage r study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
T Plug Gage Calibration Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
L Gage R&R TMV Acceptance Criteria Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
S MSA for attribute relation gage Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3