J

JAN2 - 2013

What is KAPPA

Could you tell me what is KAPPA

How to rede and how to calculate

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
What context? Where did you get KAPPA from? A customer requirement? A forumula?

E

e006823

JAN2 said:
Could you tell me what is KAPPA

How to rede and how to calculate

This was culled from various sources:

'The ratio of the proportion of times that the appraisers agree (corrected for chance agreement) to the maximum proportion of times that the appraisers could agree (corrected for chance agreement).

Kappa Statistics: If you have a known standard for each rating, you can assess the correctness of all appraisers' ratings compared to the known standard. If Kappa = 1, then there is perfect agreement. If Kappa = 0, then there is no agreement. The higher the value of Kappa, the stronger the agreement. Negative values occur when agreement is weaker than expected by chance, but this rarely happens. Depending on the application, Kappa less than 0.7 indicates that your measurement system needs improvement. Kappa values greater than 0.9 are considered excellent'

There was a article in Quality Progress "When Quality Is a Matter of Taste, Use Reliability Indexes", that gave a good overview of kappa and intraclass correlation.

Bob

A

Astrix

Attribute Gauge R & R in Software testing

Hello I am working with a Software company & I am trying to use Attribute Gauge R & R method.
The study is based on how various testing members are classifying identified software defects. I wanted to check how consistent the appraisers are.

Brief methodology - I will take a team of 3 appraisers (Testers) and give them 2 sets of 10 defects ,for them to classify the defects. The outcome will be either OK or Not OK for each defect i.e correctly classified or wrongly.
I am not planning to take the second trial on the same day so as that people are not too much aware of the defects which may impact final out come.

Is my way of doing the Attribute Gauge R & R method Ok ? Is there any readily available excel template which can be readily picked up ?. Pls Help:)

A

Astrix

Thanks for the help Harry, Do you have the Attribute Gage Kappa template in English instead of Spanish ?

Top Bottom