Karma (Reputation), Chat Rooms and Some Other Contentious Chat

Reputation (Karma) Feature - Yea or Nay?

• Total voters

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Marc said:
Mike S.

You want to be able to continually give 1 or 2 people 'Kudos' and no one but those couple of people post anything 'worthy' by your assessment? That's what you consider 'fair'?

You appear to be a very selfish person.
Interesting thing is, right now I can't give Marc any kudos, either, seems I have selfishly given him some kudos too recently as well. :ko:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M Greenaway said:
If anyone is seriously concerned about the number of green dots they have in this forum they perhaps need to get out more.
Personnaly, I do keep track. After all, I am the BEST poster here. I am also the most intelligent, best looking and without a doubt the most humble and the most modest. Yet, I have hardly any green dots. The current system is totally unfair, otherwise, I would have more dots than all of you combined.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
db said:
Personnaly, I do keep track. After all, I am the BEST poster here. I am also the most intelligent, best looking and without a doubt the most humble and the most modest. Yet, I have hardly any green dots. The current system is totally unfair, otherwise, I would have more dots than all of you combined.
I would give you a dot for this most truthful and accurate post, but alas I cannot -- I still need to spread more dots around first. :vfunny:

Mike S. said:
I would give you a dot for this most truthful and accurate post, but alas I cannot -- I still need to spread more dots around first. :vfunny:
I went to the doctor with a back problem a few years ago, and he told me he normally tells folks not to lift anything bigger than their egos. With me however, he said that attempting to lift my ego would endanger anyone's back, not to mention most of the forklifts out there. :frust:

D

David Hartman

db said:
Dave,

If the rules on the use of the Green Dots allowed, I would give you 2 or 3 for such a humble post. But alas, we are encouraged to not give these awards away for posts in the "Odds and Ends" area; and as we know I'm not allowed to give you more than 1 even if I could give them in this area.

So you'll just have to continue with no more dots than I. Now that I think of it, does that make us equals and if so does that mean that I'm just as intelligent, good looking, humble, etc.?

Ignor the first part of this, I will award those dots to myself. :biglaugh:

Hey, everybody, let's get back to the real issue: I checked my user profile and Simon still hasn't figured out how to give me any more green dots. Somebody help him....Gimme my green dots, Gimme my green dots.. :biglaugh:

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
Mike S. said:
Howste -- pretty funny. How'd you do that???
Just a little fun with Paint Shop Pro and Animation Shop. :D

By the way, I'm going into business making custom avatars. For anyone interested, all it costs is one karma kudo for a standard (nonmoving) avatar or three kudos for an animated version. :vfunny:

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Response to Mike S's Whining

Mike S. said:
Interesting thing is, right now I can't give Marc any kudos, either, seems I have selfishly given him some kudos too recently as well. :ko:
Your values assume I seek 'Kudos'. This is a reflection of your values which require something I don't understand. I don't seek 'Kudos' which I must assume are important to you. They are a nice idea, but I don't 'advertise' to get 'points' and I know no one who does. You are, in fact, asking people to 'Kudo' you through your whining.

So - Less than 10 people in all of the forums deserve a 'pat on the back', according to you - Mike S. I'm sure you are as well loved by others. From your response, I shouldn't 'Kudo' you unless you 'Kudo' me first or vice versa. That isn't related to knowledge and achievements, but rather is your way of depreciating others and trying to maintain a sense of superiority.

You validate my point which is, apparently, most participants are below your expectations of what is deserving of a 'Kudo'. Less than 10 folks here ,m in your opinion, deserve a 'Thanks'. Personally, I think a lot of folks offer a lot more than you 'contribute'.

In my opinion, there are MANY folks who deserve a 'Kudo' for their contributions. I don't need 'points'. To others, it would be a nice thing. Spread your 'praise' (your 'Thanks'!) around! Encourage others by giving them a 'pat on the back'! And if there are less than 15 people which you consider 'worthy' of a 'Kudos' on this whole forum, then say so in this thread.

Stop being a whiner, Mike. :thedeal:

Mike S.: Plays well with others?:
Doesn't like or apprciate others who do not 'think' as he does..

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Mike S. said:
After this post, I have to assume Mike S sees less than 10 folks in these forums as deserving of a 'Thanks'. Mike, as of now your 'Contributor Access' is cancelled and I ask that you find another forum where your definition of 'fair play' is recognized.

Marc

Staff member
Admin
ddhartma said:
But alas, we are encouraged to not give these awards away for posts in the "Odds and Ends" area; and as we know I'm not allowed to give you more than 1 even if I could give them in this area.
Yup - we long ago agreed that only positive responses were acceptable and that responses would be limited to the 'business end' of the forums.
...and as we know I'm not allowed to give you more than 1 even if I could give them in this area.
You distort the issue. You can give Mike more than one 'Kudo' or do you, as does Mike S., see less than 10 people here who deserve a 'Kudo'? From your response, I have to assume you, as well, see fewer than 10 people who are deserving of a 'Kudo'. You can give Mike many kudos. Your complaint is based upon the idea that the button will not allow you to sit there and continually click on only one person.

I pity you for your short sightedness. There are many participants who deserve a 'Kudo' but to you, you cannot give Dave multiple 'Kudos' without crediting anyone else because you have to give several other participants a 'Kudo'.

Dave - get a life.

As with Mike S unless you want to state that there are more than 10 people here which deserve a 'Kudo' for their help and participation, I must assume the forums have no value to you.

You do deserve some 'Kudos' in my opinion, but how can you be so self centered as to believe, as Dave S apparently does, that you are one of less than 10 people here who deserve a 'kudo'. That alone makes me want to cancel your account as 'Doesn't care about others'.

Personally, I take both your response as well Mike S.'s response as an insult that you both believe less than 10 people here deserve a 'Kudo' for their help and participation.

Top Bottom