Keeping current on new/revised MEDDEVs

lboll

Involved In Discussions
Hi all,
I'm looking for suggestions on a system that would help us keep current on new and revised MEDDEVs.
We use a document center service for ISO, ASTM, BS, EN, ANSI, etc documents and receive an email from that service any time a document we have purchased from them has a new revision level. This triggers a document change internally so that we evaluate that new standard for changes and update our Documents of External Origin (and any related documents/testing) with that new standard.
However, we just received an audit nonconformance for not keeping MEDDEVs current and up-to-date on our Documents of External Origin.
As a corrective action, I'd like to institute a procedure but I can't think of any way to do this outside of stating we'd do a search for new MEDDEVs every X months, which doesn't seem like the best method to me.
Any other ideas for a system/procedure to keep current on the MEDDEVs?
(Side Note: I did argue with the auditor on the non-conformance that MEDDEVs are not standards, but interpretations of standards, and we had met the MDD requirements, but it didn't matter. We still received this as a minor non-conformance).

lboll

Involved In Discussions
Thanks for the information, but going to a website like Emergo group to search is the reactive system we currently use. I was looking for something more that didn't require me to set a reminder every X weeks/months to conduct a search myself to look for the current MEDDEVs.

L

Lucasmf

I've started using the RSS feeds from the source websites into Google Reader with pretty good success. For example I got the notice of the new Official Journal of the EU the day it released.

Not sure if MedDevs have their own feed but would be easy to confirm.

L

Lucasmf

As a follow on note on Emergo. They have a LinkedIn group and a newsletter you can subscribe to where a lot of the info regarding changes get posted.

lboll

Involved In Discussions
Thanks, everyone. These are all good ideas. I may just do them all and then there should be no way I'll miss the updates!

Top Bottom