Keeping Horses in the City

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Randy, what is the population of your town? Do you have a planning board or director? Do you have a number that I can call city hall? BTW, we have three horses two quarter horses and a registered TN Walker.

Randy

Super Moderator
Our population is about 7500 or so. Greenwood is an incorporated city in Arkansas with all the commissions and regulations and stuff. You can drive along some of the streets and look into pasture areas and onto horse paddocks. The city limits are pretty ziggy, but it looks like cows and horses in the city to me. I'm sure there are some limits but they don't effect me, I just have squirrels, rabbits, opposums, chipmunks and 2 cats.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Wow...you're all talking horses and goats and cows and all I can think is that my city limits domestic animals inside residential homes/apartments.

• 2 dogs;
  • 1 dog;
  • 1 dog + 1 cat;
  • 1 cat; or
  • 2 cats

Those are your options if you want pets...no other combination allowed. No restrictions on fish or birds or rodents or pigs...although my cats might object if I got a pig.

E

energy

How sad...

gpainter said:
Thanks I will ride one of our horses to see you

A few years back, a house down the street with a lot 85' X 125' housed a Shetland pony. Hey, little Johhny wanted one. Totally against any zoning, but who'd know? One winter I watched as a bucket loader picked up this horse with its frozen legs sticking right up over the bucket. Talk about being noticed! :vfunny:

Top Bottom