Key Performance Indicators / KPI Review

delcarmenbe

Starting to get Involved
Hi everyone.

I have a doubt the IATF standard in its clause 9.1 mentions that organizations must determine what to measure and monitor the results against the objectives.

In my company, since monthly KPI meetings are held, the truth seems to me that these are not usable, many of the people do not attend and when reviewing the KPI that are out of goal, people do not take the necessary countermeasures.

I want to know, on this point the standard requires that quality joints be made? How else can this point be fulfilled?

And if they are necessary, how should an effective and productive indicator review board be carried out?

I thank you in advance for your support

Last edited by a moderator:

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator
In my company, since monthly kpi meetings are held, the truth seems to me that these are not usable, many of the people do not attend and when reviewing the kpi that are out of goal, people do not take the necessary countermeasures.
There is a requirement to determine an action plan in advance on how an objective will be achieved (as per 6.2.2- mainly applicable for Quality objectives), and then the effectiveness of those actions needs to be reviewed. If the objectives are not met even after the implementation of those actions, then further analysis and action planning need to be done.

If people are not interested in attending those meetings, determine the reasons and take action accordingly. Check whether those KPIs are beneficial for the organization.
And if those KPIs are beneficial and people are not involved, a commitment is needed from top management. Unless the top management is committed to getting those objectives achieved, there is very little chance to succeed. So, get top management on board.
I want to know, on this point the standard requires that quality joints be made? How else can this point be fulfilled?
Didn't understand what you mean by quality joints / points. Please clarify.
And if they are necessary, how should an effective and productive indicator review board be carried out?
Do you mean KPI dashboard?
Dashboards won't help unless the KPIs are relevant, considered as significant by people, top management is involved & committed to reviewing & providing the necessary resources to get it achieved.

delcarmenbe

Starting to get Involved
There is a requirement to determine an action plan in advance on how an objective will be achieved (as per 6.2.2- mainly applicable for Quality objectives), and then the effectiveness of those actions needs to be reviewed. If the objectives are not met even after the implementation of those actions, then further analysis and action planning need to be done.

If people are not interested in attending those meetings, determine the reasons and take action accordingly. Check whether those KPIs are beneficial for the organization.
And if those KPIs are beneficial and people are not involved, a commitment is needed from top management. Unless the top management is committed to getting those objectives achieved, there is very little chance to succeed. So, get top management on board.

Didn't understand what you mean by quality joints / points. Please clarify.
I mean quality meetings with each owner of process
Do you mean KPI dashboard?
I mean quality meeting about kpi review

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny Quality

Quite Involved in Discussions
And if they don't take action what can you do to inspire/lead/suggest progress?

What methods do you have to improve the metrics? What are some of the metrics that need improvement?

delcarmenbe

Starting to get Involved
And if they don't take action what can you do to inspire/lead/suggest progress?
Your support and suggestion to this question would be of great help to me, since I have no idea how to do it

What methods do you have to improve the metrics? What are some of the metrics that need improvement?
Your support and suggestion to this question would be of great help to me, since I have no idea how to do it.
for example We need to improve resources indicators like, staff turnover, training, absenteeism.

in production efficiency indicator, internal ppms

in quality internal scrap ppm, poor quality costs

in inspeccion incoming supplier ppms

Johnny Quality

Quite Involved in Discussions
What's your position in the organization? Do any of the others report to you or do you have to get their buy-in for improvements?

Where did the goals for efficiency and PPM come from? Who owns those KPI's and are they the process owners for the processes responsible?

Top Bottom