Key Performance Indicators / KPI Review

delcarmenbe

Starting to get Involved
Hi everyone.

I have a doubt the IATF standard in its clause 9.1 mentions that organizations must determine what to measure and monitor the results against the objectives.

In my company, since monthly KPI meetings are held, the truth seems to me that these are not usable, many of the people do not attend and when reviewing the KPI that are out of goal, people do not take the necessary countermeasures.

I want to know, on this point the standard requires that quality joints be made? How else can this point be fulfilled?

And if they are necessary, how should an effective and productive indicator review board be carried out?

I thank you in advance for your support

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator
In my company, since monthly kpi meetings are held, the truth seems to me that these are not usable, many of the people do not attend and when reviewing the kpi that are out of goal, people do not take the necessary countermeasures.
There is a requirement to determine an action plan in advance on how an objective will be achieved (as per 6.2.2- mainly applicable for Quality objectives), and then the effectiveness of those actions needs to be reviewed. If the objectives are not met even after the implementation of those actions, then further analysis and action planning need to be done.

If people are not interested in attending those meetings, determine the reasons and take action accordingly. Check whether those KPIs are beneficial for the organization.
And if those KPIs are beneficial and people are not involved, a commitment is needed from top management. Unless the top management is committed to getting those objectives achieved, there is very little chance to succeed. So, get top management on board.
I want to know, on this point the standard requires that quality joints be made? How else can this point be fulfilled?
Didn't understand what you mean by quality joints / points. Please clarify.
And if they are necessary, how should an effective and productive indicator review board be carried out?
Do you mean KPI dashboard?
Dashboards won't help unless the KPIs are relevant, considered as significant by people, top management is involved & committed to reviewing & providing the necessary resources to get it achieved.

delcarmenbe

Starting to get Involved
There is a requirement to determine an action plan in advance on how an objective will be achieved (as per 6.2.2- mainly applicable for Quality objectives), and then the effectiveness of those actions needs to be reviewed. If the objectives are not met even after the implementation of those actions, then further analysis and action planning need to be done.

If people are not interested in attending those meetings, determine the reasons and take action accordingly. Check whether those KPIs are beneficial for the organization.
And if those KPIs are beneficial and people are not involved, a commitment is needed from top management. Unless the top management is committed to getting those objectives achieved, there is very little chance to succeed. So, get top management on board.

Didn't understand what you mean by quality joints / points. Please clarify.
I mean quality meetings with each owner of process
Do you mean KPI dashboard?
I mean quality meeting about kpi review

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny Quality

Quite Involved in Discussions
And if they don't take action what can you do to inspire/lead/suggest progress?

What methods do you have to improve the metrics? What are some of the metrics that need improvement?

delcarmenbe

Starting to get Involved
And if they don't take action what can you do to inspire/lead/suggest progress?
Your support and suggestion to this question would be of great help to me, since I have no idea how to do it

What methods do you have to improve the metrics? What are some of the metrics that need improvement?
Your support and suggestion to this question would be of great help to me, since I have no idea how to do it.
for example We need to improve resources indicators like, staff turnover, training, absenteeism.

in production efficiency indicator, internal ppms

in quality internal scrap ppm, poor quality costs

in inspeccion incoming supplier ppms

Johnny Quality

Quite Involved in Discussions
What's your position in the organization? Do any of the others report to you or do you have to get their buy-in for improvements?

Where did the goals for efficiency and PPM come from? Who owns those KPI's and are they the process owners for the processes responsible?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E ISO 17025 Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
B Four Key Performance Indicators for Continual Improvement (Dec. 3 2019) [Deleted] Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
R ISO 9001:2015 - KPI (Key Performance Indicators) vs. Objectives ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
M What do you do for ISO 9001 clause 9.1? Key Performance Indicators ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Q KPI (Key Performance Indicators) for the Audit Process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
Q KPI's (key performance indicators) for a Print shop ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
V KPI (Key Performance Indicators) in First Article Inspection Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
P Internal Audit Scope - Company's KPI (Key Performance Indicators) Internal Auditing 7
R KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for Telecom Operators TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 1
M KPI (Key Performance Indicators) for a Service Company Benchmarking 1
Q Must Support Processes have defined KPI's (Key Performance Indicators)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
K Sales Department KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) template and suggestions Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
A Purchasing Performance KPI (Key Performance Indicators) Benchmarking 4
K Objectives and KPI's (Key Performance / Process Indicators) S 5.4.1 of ISO 9001 Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 41
I Are KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) considered as Quality Objectives? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
K KPI (Key Performance Indicators) Metrics for Management review Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
B KPI (Key Performance Indicators) for Sales Department ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
L Advice on Calculating KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
Q Using KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) as Quality Objectives ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M Key Performance Indicators (KPI) specific for the LAB Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
Z Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for QMS Department Advice and Opinions IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
K Key Performance Indicators (KPI) in IT Environment Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 10
T KPI (Key Performance Indicators) vs. Objectives ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 58
A Finding Key Performance Indicators (KPI) within our Processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
C KPI (Key Performance Indicators) Metrics for R&D (Research and Development) Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 10
Q RMA (Return Material Authorization) KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) and Metrics ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
D Foreward Looking KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) - Heat Treat Company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
D Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the Hospitality Industry Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
O Establishing the current value of KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
M Continual Improvement & KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) - ISO 14001 REACH and RoHS Conversations 23
R Cost Reduction Calculation Formula - KPI (Key Performance Indicators) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
S Do Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) really make a difference in the QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
D Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in the Construction Industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
V Definition Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for Internal Audit System Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 21
M Methods to measure Key Performance Indicators (KPI) Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
D Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) book - Reviews and suggestions wanted Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
S KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and Risk Management Process (ISO14971:2007) ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
L How do you audit (LPA): Input & Output Data, Key Performance Indicators, ?Triggers?? Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 1
Ajit Basrur KPI (Key Performance Indicators) for "Improving Customer Communication" ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
B Defining Physical Asset Maintenance KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) Benchmarking 6
D KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) of the Recruitment Service Industry QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
D Key Performance Indicators in a Pharmaceutical Company Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 13
J Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Management Review process Management Review Meetings and related Processes 37
G What are Key Performance Indicators for Maintenance Company - Housekeeping Service Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 8
P Injection Molding Metrics or Key Performance Indicators Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
P Injection Molding Metrics or Key Performance Indicators Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 9
R Key Performance Indicators - Do I have to have one for ALL of my processes? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 46
W New Customer Requirement - Identify key performance measures and Leading Indicators Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
K Further Analysis of Departmental KPI (Key Performance Indicator) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
C Calibration Key Performance Indicator AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12