Kindly Review my Control of Non-Conforming Product Procedure

J

JuhoS

Please find attached a procedure for control of non-conforming product. Any feedback is welcome.

Here a short brief on the organization: We are a non-profit based in New-Delhi, India, with a staff of approximately 50 people, working on a community based model of financial inclusion across South Asia. We are looking at getting our implementation process certified. The process consists of an extensive baseline study and a dozen or so different trainings and workshops and lasts approximately one year. We implement through a local partner who is our contact with the communities (customers) we work with.

Thanks!

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
T

TamTom

Please find attached a procedure for control of non-conforming product. Any feedback is welcome.

Here a short brief on the organization: We are a non-profit based in New-Delhi, India, with a staff of approximately 50 people, working on a community based model of financial inclusion across South Asia. We are looking at getting our implementation process certified. The process consists of an extensive baseline study and a dozen or so different trainings and workshops and lasts approximately one year. We implement through a local partner who is our contact with the communities (customers) we work with.

Thanks!
Hello,

looks good, but as far as you have no "product" you produce as hard fact, why use this word and don't use service, it's your internal procedure, and your people must understand it. In my opinion I would no stick to the definition of the ISO just to fulfill it. But use the word that match my company.

Regards,

TamTom

J

JuhoS

Thanks TamTom, I haven't quite made up my mind on the wording yet as in my view we actually are involved in both services and products.

As part of the implementation process of the insurance model, we do design entities that would be defined as products, such as an interactive game like tool (which illiterate people can play to determine their insurance benefits) based on actuarial calculations. We also design MIS for the communities to run the admin side of the insurance etc.

The service element would be the trainings we provide.

J

JuhoS

I have had some problems getting my head around the Control of Non-conforming Product and CAPA procedures as we do not produce any physical product. I have attached all three here. I would be extremely grateful for any feedback.

Basically I now have a feeling that I am artificially dividing CAPA into two separate Procedures.

As previously, here a short brief on the organization: We are a non-profit based in New-Delhi, India, with a staff of approximately 50 people, working on a community based model of financial inclusion across South Asia. We are looking at getting our implementation process certified (ISO9001). The process consists of an extensive baseline study and a dozen or so different trainings and workshops (the product) and lasts approximately one year. We implement through a local partner who is our contact with the communities (customers) we work with.

Thanks in advance!

- Juho

Attachments

E

EEJen

Potential Nonconforming Product Identified - Is usually apart of the preventative action.

This looks like you are trying to match the standard to your process. Try documenting first what and how provide service.

For example, if it is a service how are you going to contain and identify the non conforming product?
Good Luck​

S

ShannonSc

I think it looks good, but as for your statement "if no corrective action is necessary" etc etc. I got hit pretty hard by the auditor this year for thinking if non-conforming product is caught in house there is no need for a corrective action. The ISO standards do not say there has to be but the auditor gave me a half hour lecture about how much help it would be to do a corrective action for ALL nonconforming material with a follow up audit on the next run. Good luck. Looks great to me...

S

samsung

I think it looks good, but as for your statement "if no corrective action is necessary" etc etc. I got hit pretty hard by the auditor this year for thinking if non-conforming product is caught in house there is no need for a corrective action. The ISO standards do not say there has to be but the auditor gave me a half hour lecture about how much help it would be to do a corrective action for ALL nonconforming material with a follow up audit on the next run. Good luck. Looks great to me...
Thanks to the auditor who gave you such a pretty good piece of advice. It's always good to do a CA because any of the downstream processes through which the product passed must have had problems and unless those are removed, the process will continue to generate the nonconforming products.

J

JuhoS

Thanks for all the comments.

As EEJen righly pointed out, I am trying to match the standard to our process. I do think that for some service organization, such as ours, this clause is very manufacturing biased.

My main concern is that due to the nature of our work, we don't really get any customer complaints. Rarely (if ever) would we be contacted by an end-user to inform us that something is not working. I also find it hard to come up with any measurable performance parameters to our services, which makes it difficult to define what in fact is a nonconforming product in our context.

Many of the services we design are based on existing master versions. We then look at the data we have on the end-users and modify the service according to what we think best serves the end-user needs. During the design and development we do our best to try and verify, validate and review the service. As we don't have any objective criteria on how to determine the potential nonconformity of the service, could comments for improvement from management be regarded as a nonconformity? Again, this would be based on a subjective criteria.

I could really do with some ideas to see which direction I could take the non-conforming product and corrective action process.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B 5 Why help needed Please kindly review Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 15
L Kindly Review our new Environmental Policy Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 4
M Business Process Map - Kindly review my process mapping of my company Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
A Readiness review - Kindly give me some pointers on how to face this audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 16
M Kindly help me to understand MSA Acceptance Level Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
S Method to Rate an External Supplier - Kindly assist me Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 14
K New to automotive QA - 8D vs Drill Deep - Kindly explain to me what 8D is Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
M Are we getting scammed by our Notified Body? They are asking to review all changes to determine if they are Significant CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
M Review of work - independent review? or can it be the same person ? ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
H Management review IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
C Bulk Record Retention Review Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 4
FRA 2 FDA Product NCRs- Quality Review Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
J How to evaluate the effectiveness of management review? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
S Customer audit report review and approval ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D 62304 code review, unit test, integration test example IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
P Product Quality Review API-GMP Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
R Quality policy review document IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Q Management Review ISO 9001-2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 36
M ISO27001 18.2.1 - Internal Independent review IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 1
M CER Review EU Medical Device Regulations 2
JoCam Non CE marked device for customer review Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
D Control chart selection of multiple batches review Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
F Need help in IMS management review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
M Resume Review Request - Quality Assurance Career and Occupation Discussions 11
T Using Review articles from Pubmed for CER CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8
M Management Review Inputs ISO9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
D Timelines for COVID-19 desktop review UK Medical Device Regulations 0
D Key Performance Indicators / KPI Review IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
B ETO Annual review ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
J How many hours for a NB to review Technical Documentation? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M Origin of Material Review Board AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
J NCR- Failure of contract review process - NADCAP audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
H Has anyone undergone MDR FQA review yet? EU Medical Device Regulations 10
A MDR - Legacy Device Review Timeframe and Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A Complaint review as part of the complaint handling process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A Document Review and Document Approval --- 2 Signatures needed acc. §820.40? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
Y Procedures on Contract Review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
J Example of a defined procedure for carrying out Material Review Board (MRB) Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
A API Monogram audit review process Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 5
S Transitional Adolescent A and B - "CDRH PREMARKET REVIEW SUBMISSION COVER SHEET FORM FDA 3514" Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
S Risk Management Review ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
G Management Review (integrated system) Management Review Meetings and related Processes 21
M Management review check-list Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
A Ethics Committee Review Process for IVD Products EU Medical Device Regulations 2
N Example for design and development planning,input,output,review,verification,validation and transfer Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
G Control Plan & PFMEA Review Procedure? FMEA and Control Plans 10
B SAP Audit trail Periodic Review EU Medical Device Regulations 2
K AS9100D 8.2.1 Review Requirements for Products and Services AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
rerusk1 MRB (Material Review Board) Process using MS Sharepoint or MS Teams Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
K 510k FDA review, will they accept Biocompatibility result generated using feasibility product lots? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8