Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Kraft Paper / Core Paper MSDS - Plastic Specs

Q

QC JEWEL

I have questions about kraft paper and plastic specs

We are looking for new suppliers for Paper and plastic for our products... we have our current suppliers but looking for better ones (quality, price)... we don't have specs for kraft paper or plastic bags, we are using what is currently being supplied as is, plastic bags are in our final products , kraft paper is used in the process..boss is asking about specs, MSDS, to provide to suppliers as specs...

Do I need to get MSDS for Kraft Paper? Is it possible to get MSDS for Paper? This is the first time that I hear about it....

If you have specs for Kraft paper or plastic bags in your process/company, Could you share them?:thanks::cfingers:
I appreciate.
Thanks

QC Jewel..

Q

QC JEWEL

Re: Kraft Paper / Core Paper MSDS -Plastic Specs

I have questions about kraft paper and plastic specs

We are looking for new suppliers for Paper and plastic for our products... we have our current suppliers but looking for better ones (quality, price)... we don't have specs for kraft paper or plastic bags, we are using what is currently being supplied as is, plastic bags are in our final products , kraft paper is used in the process..boss is asking about specs, MSDS, to provide to suppliers as specs...

Do I need to get MSDS for Kraft Paper? Is it possible to get MSDS for Paper? This is the first time that I hear about it....

If you have specs for Kraft paper or plastic bags in your process/company, Could you share them?:thanks::cfingers:
I appreciate.
Thanks

QC Jewel..
Any news regarding MSDS requirement for Kraf Paper and specs??
I appreciate.

dr1vn

Involved In Discussions
So, if I got this correct, you are sourcing kraft paper and plastic from different suppliers. And, your boss wants you to dictate what the MSDS and technical specs should be?

You could send the supplier a list of requirements that they should meet in terms of technical and MSDS related issues. That is one way of doing it...
But, personally I would leave it up the supplier to provide that information to you. I would ask each supplier for a technical data sheet and an MSDS and see if they can provide you one and that it meets whatever specifications you are looking for. If they don't have it... then move on to the next guy.

I have seen MSDSs for paper products. They don't add much in value, but a technical datasheet could be important in making sure the supplier meets (and continues to meet) the specifications set out in the datasheet.

W

Wilderness Woody

Finished goods (articles) typically don't have MSDS documentation available. You need to work from base components.

True Kraft paper bags are essentially minimally processed wood pulp, so they would not typically have any byproducts of decomposition and no polymerization to be concerned about. You may find MSDS from the paper maker.

Polymer bags are typically single polymer based unless you get into specialized multi-layer constructions. Polyethylene (LDPE, HDPE) are commonly used as in Ziploc, bread, sandwich and lawn/trash bags. Find the base polymer of the bags and search for MSDS of that polymer and you should be covered.

Top Bottom