KRA's (Key Result Area) for a QA Manager

• Thread starter Retired Member 171988
  • Start date
R

Retired Member 171988

My company has implemented the use of KRA's and has asked all the Managers to develop 3 or 4 KRA's. We have received no training and I am finding it difficult to come up with 2 additional ones beyond the obvious "customer service". Any one have any thoughts or suggestions? There is very little helpful info in the net about KRA's specifically pertaining to Quality.

C

Chance

Re: KRA's for a QA Manager

What do you mean by KRA? Is that similar to Key Performance Indicators? Please clarify.

R

Retired Member 171988

KRA (Key Result Area) is the output of an individual or section or department that will serve as an input for another or contributes toward organization success. It is a task or activity that must be done to ensure success (primary job responsibilities).

KPIs are quantifiable measures used to measure the critical success factors within an organization to determine the organization's performance level. KPI is a measurement or indicator that provides information on how far the company has succeeded in achieving its strategic objectives. Thus, KPIs are critical for the measurement of organization performance.

M

mguilbert

Do you analyze data or use complaint investigations that are used to improve/ and or reduce rework? I believe that would be useful to the production manager/team. Do you help identify problems? Again that would be production. Do you have the ability to place non-conforming product om hold and release it when fixed? That may help shipping? Do you or your department inspect incoming raw materials? The info on rejects can help purchasing and receiving.

I do not know if you at a production facility but here are some ideas.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

My company has implemented the use of KRA's and has asked all the Managers to develop 3 or 4 KRA's. We have received no training and I am finding it difficult to come up with 2 additional ones beyond the obvious "customer service". Any one have any thoughts or suggestions? There is very little helpful info in the net about KRA's specifically pertaining to Quality.

Asking people to develop these things on their own is a little misguided. No, it's very misguided. The idea should be for the higher-up level of management to talk this over with you and other managers at your level, so that everyone understands what's expected. I suggest that you talk to your boss about it, rather than relying on advice from people who can't possibly know what sorts of things might be important in your situation.

R

Retired Member 171988

As originally stated, I am merely seeking thoughts and suggestions.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
OK so as I understand it your organization is looking to identify 'critical' - or key - activities that your group performs?

it would be helpful if you could tell us what functions your group performs as QA organizations in different companies have different responisibilities. For example in my organization QA is really only responsible for managing our QMS. Most 'technical quality' functions are handled by other groups

C

Chance

I don't know why you are too specific with KRA. The bottomline is you want to know the performance of a process that will become an input to the next process that contributes to organization's success. It is very similar to KPI's:

Here are my thoughts on what to track:
1. Procedures are published on time for users to use
2. QMS approval is looped to all stakeholders
3. Audit reports are submitted on time
4. Change request is handled following your internal procedure
5. Obsolete documents are removed to prevent users from using them

It is hard to guess since we don't know the details of how QA functions in your company.

R

Retired Member 171988

Thanks for the input everyone. I've got it completed now.

Yes Chance, they are supposed to be VERY general, and your actions for achieving them are more specific.

I basically wrote my own job description (had a loose one), and noticed that all the key points can be grouped into 3 main categories (Reporting on the QMS, adhering to ISO and customer rapport), and I used them as my KRA, then set my actions, targets and how to monitor it.

Top Bottom