Labeling requirements when selling products manufactured in China

Q

quest

Does anyone know the labeling reqts for a US company selling products that were manf in countries other than the US? My current dilemma is regarding China.

We utilize suppliers in China to manf parts to our specifications. They arrive at our plant ready to be sold...we do no other processing other than place them in shipping containers.

The question is, what is required as far as labeling it manufactured in China. Is it sufficient to label just the outside container or does each device package requre this statement?

Where can I look to find information on this?

Thank you in advance for any info.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: labeling reqts when selling products manf in China

Does anyone know the labeling reqts for a US company selling products that were manf in countries other than the US? My current dilemma is regarding China.

We utilize suppliers in China to manf parts to our specifications. They arrive at our plant ready to be sold...we do no other processing other than place them in shipping containers.

The question is, what is required as far as labeling it manufactured in China. Is it sufficient to label just the outside container or does each device package requre this statement?

Maybe Importing into the United States will have some answers for you.

antoine.dias

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: labeling reqts when selling products manf in China

Maybe the following site may help:

http://www.export.gov/china/exporting_to_china/importregs.asp

best regards,

Antoine

Top Bottom