Law restrictions in each country [REACH, CONFLICT MINERALS, Canada Gazette]

P

Peter M.

Hello I'm new at this forum , I working in automotive industry as IMDS Coordinator.The problem some doubts and I wanted to clear my mind . I have hope that someone could help me.
Basically we sell/and product our products on different continents and I wondering if some one could help me listed law regulations regarding prohibited substances for each one .

1)North America - Conflict Minerals , Canada Gazette , other ??
2)Mexcico - ???
3)Europe - REACH, Conflict Minerals , other ??
4)China - ???

As I know GADSL is global list for whole world. Of course as well ELV that is also global.

thank You in advance for response.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Hi,

A good start is looking at the details of the GADSL list. The GADSL shows why a substance why added to the list, often referring to regulation and country.

ELV is an EU regulation. (Other countries have similar regulations)

GADSL is a summary list of all substances likely found in vehicles and have a restriction somewhere globally.

So, if you are an automotive supplier, you have to comply with GADSL (because contractually you are required to do so)

There are many regulations globally, new ones are added and existing ones change.

The best way to stay up to date is to attend the annual IMDS summit organized by the AIAG.

Alex73

Involved In Discussions
So, if you are an automotive supplier, you have to comply with GADSL (because contractually you are required to do so)

Not all automotive OEMs use IMDS, for example PSA uses its own portal and does follow the GADSL. Honda joined the IMDS only a couple of years ago. Besides that, not all GADSL substances (i.e. D, P and D/P) are the IMDS Basic Substance List and vice versa.

If a customer specification only makes reference to the four heavy metals described in the ELV directive then should one follow the customer specification or the GADSL? The difference is that the GADSL contains more prohibited substances than the ELV.

Alex.

Top Bottom