Layered Process Audits using Kamishibai Board

Could anyone help me with an example of implementing a LPA Program using a Kamishibai Board? I am struggling with how to complete audit scheduling using approximately 30 auditors (give or take), for 6 manufacturing areas, across 2 shifts without the use of any LPA software or Access Database. I am leaning toward scheduling auditors just by the day and not by specific area, and then they would choose from whatever audits have not yet been completed; e.g. the last person would only have one audit to chose from. These audits will be performed by salary personnel and our shift structure provides overlap with both 1st and 2nd shift. The logistics of figuring this all out with no automated tools and knowing it will need to be managed with minimal support is making my head spin. Any suggestions would be appreciated! (and I did check the previous threads and didn't really find anything to help me). Thank you!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

KimGr

Involved In Discussions
This was a while ago. Did you have any luck with this? We did this without software and I would be happy to help if you still need it.

KimGr

Involved In Discussions
We found a board system at magnatag that worked well for putting audit cards and names up on a board in each area. My company does metal stamping, machining, finishing and light assembly so... 4 different boards. Here's the link to the board itself. T-Scan Visible T-Card Display System
The document control department maintains "audit cards" that point you to cells or machines and lead you to the appropriate process documentation to audit. Our system is combined medical and automotive so my non-automotive process audits are more of a hybrid between lean audits and LPA than a true Chrysler LPA system. Basically, extra audit questions like 6S.

The auditor names are vertical on the left side of the board. Across the top there is just enough space for two weeks (M-F). There are magnetic boxes at the very bottom that hold color coded t-cards. Yellow for level one (area supervisors/leads) and level two (process owners - engineers, direct managers). I have a different set of cards in green for executives and non-process owner middle managers. The execs have two slots that indicate shift. There are more colors to choose from if you need additional categories.

The auditors pull a card, perform the audit and place it on the board next to their name under the proper day. If there is a discrepancy written, a red dot goes on the audit card before they put it in the slot. Every other Monday, I take attendance and clear the boards. I note cards left over in the boxes and move them to the front. I manage audits/participation in excel. The discrepancies go into the corrective action system and are tracked that way. I report both discrepancies and audit participation to management.

Let me know if I can clarify anything.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Requirements for Layered Process Audits including Maintenance, Shipping, Receiving IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
P Interesting Discussion IATF 16949:2016 Clause 9.2.2.3 and Layered Process Audits IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 18
Sean Kelley Help explaining LPA (Layered Process Audits) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
V QSB Layered Process Audits GM/OPEL Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
R Layered Process Audits Procedure of Form Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 3
A LPA's (Layered Process Audits) for Non-Production Support Processes Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 13
C Handling Repeated Non-Conformities when doing Layered Process Audits Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 11
automoto Implementation of Layered Process Audits (LPA) Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 7
L Layered Process Audits: Efficiency, quality, safety or all the above? Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 11
L Having faith in your Layered Process Auditors - Pencil whipping audits Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 8
A Definition Layered Process Audits - What are Layered Process Audits? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 12
H LPA's (Layered Process Audits) - Evaluation of Effectiveness Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 22
J LPAs (Layered Process Audits) and TS 16949 Clause 8.2.2.2 - Quick Question Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 20
J Evaluating and Reporting the Results of Layered Process Audits Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
M The Difference between Process Audits and Layered Audits General Auditing Discussions 5
F Tell me about Layered Process Audits (LPA) Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 2
A Layered Process Audits - Getting Results? Show me the data! Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 11
J Does anyone have a procedure that covers Layered Process Audits Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 1
J Layered Process Audits vs. Internal System Audits Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 17
J Internal Process Auditing - Auditor Unhappy - Wants Layered Process Audits Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 13
T Does Delphi's requirement for layered process audits only apply to their products? Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 15
Crusader Layered Process Audits - Recommended Reading? Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 24
R Layered Audits - Where to tie the layered audit process back to FMEA & Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 10
D Layered Process Audits? Are they required by TS16949? Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 13
B Defining Top Management for Layered Process Audits Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 9
K Differences between Manufacturing Process Audit & Layered Process Audit Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
K Layered Process Audit (LPA) Software IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
Stijloor AIAG Layered Process Audit 2nd Ed. (CQI-8) is now available. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
H Layered Process Audit Hard Copy Records Retention Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 6
N LPA (Layered Process Audit) Program - Visual Shop Display Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 4
T Historical Backround of LPA (Layered Process Audit) Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 7
Celtic Warrior Consolidating results of LPA (Layered Process Audit) for Management Review Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 13
A Access Database for LPA (Layered Process Audit) questions Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 3
V Layered Process Audit Schedule example Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 2
S Layered Process Audit Examples Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 4
I Can we use layered process audit (LPA) for HR Processes? Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 9
L Layered Process Audit Basics Explained Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 5
Q Layered Process Auditing (LPA) for a service provider Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 4
Douglas E. Purdy Delphi CSR (Customer Specific Requirements) and LPAs (Layered Process Audit) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
J What is meant by number of "items"? Chrysler Layered Process Audit Question Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 10
J Layered Process Audit Examples Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 25
P Layered Process Audit & the Document Audit - Can anyone explain to me, Please? Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 2
K What is a 'layered audit'? Layered Process Audit (LPA) - A GM requirement? Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 9
A Layered Process Audit Guidelines - The AIAG's CQI-8 Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 17
M Layered Process Audit (LPA) - Discipline in completely filling in the reports Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 3
Z Layered Process Audit Training - Need Powerpoint Presentation to train LPA auditors Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 5
PatMaz Layered Process Audit Procedure - Seeking an example Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 5
C DaimlerChrysler Layered Process audit experiences per the DC CSR's Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 3
C DaimlerChrysler Layered Process Audit Experiences per the DC CSR's Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 2
J What is a Layered Process Audit (LPA)? Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 22