Lead Auditor Requirements and Generating A Procedure For The Lead Auditor Training

V

Vash Stampede

Hello Everyone,
I Have A Problem In Developing A Lead Auditor Training. Our External Auditor Strongly Suggest That We Must Have A Criteria For Lead Auditor. Is There Any Tips That Would Guide Me In Generating A Procedure For The Lead Auditor Training? What Are The Usual Topics Should Be Discussed? Is It The Same With The Ordinary Iqa Training? Please Comment.
Thanks In Advance.
Vash Stampede

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
You have 2 issues. First is:
> OUR EXTERNAL AUDITOR STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT WE MUST HAVE A CRITERIA FOR LEAD
> AUDITOR...

You just decide what criteria you feel is appropriate, such as an internal auditor course or such.

This is normal - you should be defining requirements for each position in the company anyway.

Make sure you want to call the main internal auditor the lead auditor. Are your audits done by groups of people or just one person?

Second is:

> ANY TIPS THAT WOULD GUIDE ME IN GENERATING A PROCEDURE FOR THE LEAD AUDITOR
> TRAINING?

I don't know about a procedure for training. Typically there is no procedure per se. Typically you have a course and the course material is 'it'. Secondary to your question is how you define the qualifications (requirements) for the instructor.

R

Rick Goodson

Assuming you are discussing an ISO system, my experience has been that registrars are looking for a definition of how you qualify your lead auditor. Typically they are looking for two things, education/training and experience. If you define those they should be happy. If you are using a consultant to help you with the implementation they should be able to provide or recommend a course. In addition they should be able to set up some audits during which they 'shadow' the 'lead auditor' to provide them with the necessary experience.

V

Vash Stampede

Hello Marc,
Thanks for the immediate response. Actually, as an auditor that was been trained by a certifying body...I stand as the lead auditor and was included in our specs. From there, I trained employees in our company and through the training I gathered auditors. And this trained auditors are the one who audits our company. And I'm the only person who leads them as their lead auditor of course..
I'm the lead auditor based on our specification, I'd rather trained our auditors to be me...the exact replica. Since, our company won't allow me to attend the formal training so as a senior auditor from the group, I have to devise or create a plan or a training material for lead auditor, that's why I'm asking regarding What are the usual topics that should be discussed? Any idea, please comment on this.
I visited the site that you've attached....This Is Great! Thanks a lot.

Hi Rick,
Thanks for the input, actually our lead auditor means is an employee that undergoes a training certified by a certifying body. But without the education/training and experience...Do I still have to include this part? Please advice.
As a lead auditor I think is that has to decide on some issues especially on deciding what could be the category of non-compliance should be given to an non-conformity found during audit.
Thank you very much.
Vash Stampede

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Need Clarity on AS9100 Lead Auditor Certification Requirements AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 19
L ISO 13485 Lead Auditor Re-Training Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
T Requirements to become an ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Internal Auditing 8
T TS 16949:2009 Lead Auditor Training Requirements General Auditing Discussions 3
R Certified Lead Auditor Requirements Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
W Would taking the 14001 Lead Auditor Class & passing, meet the requirements TS16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
B AS9100 Lead Auditor Requirements General Auditing Discussions 24
O RABQSA and IRCA Lead Auditor Requirements ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 27
Manix TS16949 Training Requirements - Basic introduction to the standard vs. Lead Auditor Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
P ISO/TS16949 Lead Auditor requirements - Transitioning from QS9000 to ISO/TS16949 General Auditing Discussions 6
Marc TS 16949 Lead Auditor Training Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
Gun46 ISO 9001 : 2015 Lead Auditor Exam General Auditing Discussions 5
S ISO 13485 Lead Auditor - Debate between our Quality Team and Regulatory Auditor - Internal Auditor Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 15
R ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Exam paper Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
W Certification for IATF Lead Auditor will expire in 2020 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
S IRCA Lead Auditor training and Exam tips Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
J Getting training either from ASQ or from SAI Global - ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
A ISO 9001 lead auditor as Full time career India Career and Occupation Discussions 2
GreatNate ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Course? (who to take with) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
J Your opinion on the better training org for IATF16949 Internal auditor and Lead Auditor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
A Environmental Management System Lead Auditor Competence ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
T Online IATF 16949 Lead Auditor Course IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
T Recommendations for ONLINE IATF 16949 Lead Auditor Training IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
QSM_Rick Advice on selecting an ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Certification Course ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 22
GoSpeedRacer Pre-Work and Study for ISO 13485:2016 Lead Auditor Class ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
T Can a Lead Auditor Train other Auditors? Internal Auditing 4
C ISO 13485:2016 - Internal Auditor Training vs. Lead Auditor Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
T TS16949 Lead Auditor Training Recommendations wanted Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
S What to expect in an ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Certification Course Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 9
T What is the Rev C equivalent for an RABQSA AS9100 Certified Lead Auditor course? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
I AS9100C Lead Auditor Training Courses being Cancelled AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
S Where can I take ISO 13485 lead auditor training? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 13
S IRCA Lead Auditor Certificate based upon Work Experience ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4
S ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor Exam Fail - How to follow up? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
A Which service provider do you recommend for IRCA lead auditor course? Singapore ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 3
S Can I accomplish ISO 13485 Lead Auditor Training online? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
J Can a Lead Auditor be Audited? Internal Auditing 7
K Take QMS Lead Auditor or IMS Internal Auditor Course? Career and Occupation Discussions 3
H RABQSA ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor or ASQ CQA - Which certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
S When is a Lead Auditor Required in a Medical Device Company? General Auditing Discussions 3
A Advice for becoming an ISO9001 Lead Auditor Professional Certifications and Degrees 10
A Recommended Online Lead Auditor Course Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
P How to become a TS 16949 Lead Auditor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
J Lead Auditor and Quality Manager - Conflict of Interest? Career and Occupation Discussions 4
A Would an IRCA LEAD AUDITOR qualification enhance my CV? Career and Occupation Discussions 7
AshleyE Taking AS9100 C Lead Auditor Course - Any Advice? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
P QMS ISO 9001:2008 Auditor/Lead Auditor Course - would appreciate advice on the course Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 15
M Adding AS9100C Lead Auditor Certification to an IRCA ISO 9001 LA Certification AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
H Choosing between RABQSA Lead Auditor or ASQ CQA Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
Q Who can provide a ISO 9001 Lead Auditor QMS training course? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2