Lead Auditor Training

Hi All,

I am looking into going to a Lead Auditor Training and our ISO Consultant referred me to this website to get opinions on what training you all have taken and suggest for a new ISO certified employee to get Lead Auditor Training.

I have just begun my search, but there are so many out there so I decided to come back here while I am looking. So far it seems like ASQ is a good training resource, but their next training is full and they don't have the dates for the next one released. I was also looking at QPS.

Any opinions on Lead Auditor Training that you have experience with? Positive and negative?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
First determine your learning objectives and specify them as your selection criteria.

Apart from planning, conducting and reporting system audits you may also wish to choose a course that shows you how to develop an organization's process-based management system.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
course that shows you how to develop an organization's process-based management system.
That would be totally out of scope and the typical syllabus for an auditor training course.

As someone who used to teach IRCA-recognized Lead Auditor Training courses and have interacted with many other instructors, the caliber of the trainer is paramount for a valuable and engaging experience.

First determine your learning objectives and specify them as your selection criteria.

Apart from planning, conducting and reporting system audits you may also wish to choose a course that shows you how to develop an organization's process-based management system.
Lead Auditor courses - accredited ones, specifically - don’t teach ANYTHING about implementation. The course development criteria see to that.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin

That would be totally out of scope and the typical syllabus for an auditor training course.

As someone who used to teach IRCA-recognized Lead Auditor Training courses and have interacted with many other instructors, the caliber of the trainer is paramount for a valuable and engaging experience.
I believe John was suggesting an additional course for the above.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Hi All,

I am looking into going to a Lead Auditor Training and our ISO Consultant referred me to this website to get opinions on what training you all have taken and suggest for a new ISO certified employee to get Lead Auditor Training.

I have just begun my search, but there are so many out there so I decided to come back here while I am looking. So far it seems like ASQ is a good training resource, but their next training is full and they don't have the dates for the next one released. I was also looking at QPS.

Any opinions on Lead Auditor Training that you have experience with? Positive and negative?
Welcome to The Cove!

Accredited auditor training is supposed to meet a set of requirements that provides some assurance that the various offerings are not wildly different from each other. I still would favor spending my money at a well-established place that I feel sure would have the resources to create and deliver a course properly. I got my ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor training from Bureau Veritas in Houston in 2018. They did well.

Will you be managing the audit program?

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator

I agree.

But the standard syllabus does not prevent the teaching of system development and in gathering the learning objectives of each student attending lead auditor classes I discovered that more than half of the students wanted to apply their learning in this way.

Welcome to The Cove!

Accredited auditor training is supposed to meet a set of requirements that provides some assurance that the various offerings are not wildly different from each other. I still would favor spending my money at a well-established place that I feel sure would have the resources to create and deliver a course properly. I got my ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor training from Bureau Veritas in Houston in 2018. They did well.

Will you be managing the audit program?
I currently manage the audit program at my company and am trying to gain more knowledge around auditing, QMS leadership, and just ISO in general. The lead auditor program was suggested to me.

Why do you need a Lead Auditor training course? How are you going to use the training received?
The course was suggested to me by the person that gives our Internal Auditor Training. I was recently certified and my manager has been slowly giving me the QMS roles at the company so she can focus more on the other aspects of her department. I currently oversee the internal auditing training and am looking to gain more knowledge so that I can be of more help to the internal auditors at the company as most of them have been certified and completing audits for much more time than I have.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Crusader ASQ AS9100 Lead Auditor Training Career and Occupation Discussions 27
S ISO 13485 Lead Auditor - Debate between our Quality Team and Regulatory Auditor - Internal Auditor Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 42
S IRCA Lead Auditor training and Exam tips Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
J Getting training either from ASQ or from SAI Global - ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
J Your opinion on the better training org for IATF16949 Internal auditor and Lead Auditor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
T Recommendations for ONLINE IATF 16949 Lead Auditor Training IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
C ISO 13485:2016 - Internal Auditor Training vs. Lead Auditor Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
T TS16949 Lead Auditor Training Recommendations wanted Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
I AS9100C Lead Auditor Training Courses being Cancelled AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
S Where can I take ISO 13485 lead auditor training? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 13
S Can I accomplish ISO 13485 Lead Auditor Training online? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
Q Who can provide a ISO 9001 Lead Auditor QMS training course? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
Q Online ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Training Course Provider recommendation Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
L ISO 13485 Lead Auditor Re-Training Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Q ISO/TS 16949 Lead Auditor Training wanted at San Antonio Texas? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
E Lead Auditor Training in the San Francisco Bay Area Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
V ISO/TS 16949 Lead Auditor Training Providers in India IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M ISO 50001 Energy Management Lead Auditor Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
D TL 9000 Lead Auditor Training & Certification TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 1
A Best Training Provider for AS 9100 C Lead Auditor Training Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
C RABQSA Certified AS9100 Rev. C Lead Auditor Training Course Providers Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 47
C AS9100 Lead Auditor Training Class in the US - Recommendations wanted AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
D TS16949 and ISO 9001 Lead Auditor (Assessor) Training Recommendations Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 9
A ISO 14001 Lead Auditor Course - Training material not provided! Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 18
E AS9100 Lead Auditor Training Course Professional Certifications and Degrees 25
T TS 16949:2009 Lead Auditor Training Requirements General Auditing Discussions 3
K ISO Lead Auditor or Internal Auditor Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
G Does BSI do ISO 9001/TS 16949 Lead Auditor training? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
J TS 16949 lead auditor training IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
G ISO/TS 16949:2002 Lead Auditor Training General Auditing Discussions 10
A ISO 9001 Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course Expectations Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 21
K Opinion: Online Lead Auditor Training? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 29
L AeroSpace AS9100 AS Lead Auditor Course Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
S ISO/TS16949: 2002 Lead Auditor Training organised By SMMTIF. Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
Q ISO 9001: 2000 Lead Auditor Training? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
F TS16949 Lead Auditor Training in NYC/Eastern Region Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
S RAB Approved Lead Auditor Training on AS 9001 in Asia? E.G Dubai, Turkey, China? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
L AS9100 Lead Auditor Training In India Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
E How difficult is the 14001 lead auditor training course and Exam? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
Manix TS16949 Training Requirements - Basic introduction to the standard vs. Lead Auditor Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
U Searching for Lead auditor training for iso9001/14001 General Auditing Discussions 0
tony s Must IQA training be conducted by a certified lead auditor? Internal Auditing 32
C Integrated Management System Training - Internal and Lead Auditor training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 14
T Preparation for EMS lead auditor training course Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
K Lead Internal Auditor Training - Does the lead auditor require additional training? Internal Auditing 6
K ISO/TS16949 Lead Auditor training - Recommendations? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 27
D Auditing Ethics - Lead Auditor solicited client for training General Auditing Discussions 6
Q Seeking Recommendations: Public ISO 14001 Lead Auditor training course Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 11
L ISO 14001 Lead Internal Auditor - Is there a certified training requirement? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 6
M TS16949 Lead Auditor Training - Seeking tips Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1