Leadership Responsibility in an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System

A

Anubala

Hi,

My company is ISO 9001:2008 certified and it is small company. I have been here for last 10 years .i was a technical person but moved to Quality Dept. I was a quality Coordinator and now MR . I make internal audit schedule and conduct internal audit, receiving customer feedback,make corrective action and have some meeting with Top management people regarding improvement plan.The whole process we will discuss in MR meeting.For surveillance audit or re-certification audit, i am the key person that i will interact with CB auditor. Everything regarding quality moves around me and i will get some information from Top management(CEO,ED,Director). Now Leadership is introduced in ISO 9001:2015. I have read the commitments of leadership also.So my question is - The responsibility which was taken by me will be shared by leadership ( Dept or Process heads), they will interact with CB auditor corresponding to their departments. Who will conduct Management Review meeting? Where we have to mention about the Leadership( Single member or Group of people). May be my questions are very basic but im lacking in that. Before i moved to Quality dept, they already got certified. So now i have to do this Transition to ISO 2015. So i got lot of questions, don't know where to ask. We cannot ask simple things to our CB auditor. This November we have surveillance audit but our CB auditor advised us to move to 2015 version before that.

Thanks,
Anu

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Kchnwtch

Involved In Discussions
From what I understand, 2015 requires people to be designated as Process Owners. Usually, I would think those people would be in some management role within your QMS already, but it would depend on the size of your workplace. I have a very small workplace, so the process owners will end up being the same people as on the management review team. (we don't upgrade until next year)

I think the process owner idea was created to involve management more directly than in the past. In the meantime, although 2015 doesn't require that you have a management rep, it doesn't say you can't have one, so you can probably continue in your current role as meeting convener, etc.

It seems to me to be a good idea to have your process owners prepare to talk with the CB auditor. If they are the same folks as are already on your management team, you may have to inform them that yes, they will have a larger, more important role than they had in the past. If your process owners are not associated already with your current QMS, it may be a good time to select folks outside the management team as process owners. It could be a way to get new energy and new commitment into the system, and you might get fewer protests about the changes.

al40

Quite Involved in Discussions
I would suggest taking a look at the PEAR (process effectiveness assessment report), used in AS9100 standard it will give you a good idea where you are and I would recommend that it be completed by the managers responsible for your primary processes. Do a search in Elsmar I believe there are several posts on use of the PEARs.

Best wishes,
Al40

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Example Process orientation to the process leadership, management, goals (tasks of the top management) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
L Lean Transformation - How do you get Senior Leadership engaged Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 6
Q Tips for Action Requests on Communication and Leadership ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
I Questions to ask when auditing for Organizational Leadership and Planning for the QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
I ISO 9001:2015 - "Resources" - handled by leadership team? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
A Leadership Role in Designing QMS - Upper Management Support Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 16
R The formation of Leadership in the Workplace Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
V Leadership and Organization Styles in Different Countries Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
M IATF Tool for Leadership and Planning - 2017 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
K ISO 9001:2015 Leadership and Commitment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
C Auditing Clause 5 - Leadership in ISO9001:2015 Internal Auditing 4
S ISO 9001 Clause 5 - Leadership (as a Process?) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 29
P Leadership Standards - New job as Quality Manager Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 9
V Manager wont take the lead ....Leadership wont provide clarity....what to do? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
S What could be the Leadership Strengths of an Organization? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 9
B Demonstrating Leadership Skills in a Job Interview Career and Occupation Discussions 7
M Leadership Attributes - Getting buy-in on Quality from other functions Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 24
C ASQ: Leadership from Ballroom to Boardroom and the shop floor ASQ - American Society for Quality 12
K "Leadership Philosophy" Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 6
T CQL (Council on Quality and Leadership) Accreditation - Advice and example documents Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 3
B Effect of Inept Leadership and Mismanagement on an Organization Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 13
W Behavioral Psychology; Leadership - Getting the job done Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 9
JWenmeekers Free Basic Guide to Leadership and Supervision by Carter McNamara, PhD. Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 3
Steve Prevette ASQ Leadership Meeting Oct 16 - 18, 2005 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 13
R ASQ Section Leaders: Anyone going to the ASQ Leadership Summit in October? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 3
ccochran Shakespeare's Lessons in Leadership: Macbeth The Reading Room 30
ccochran Shakespeare's Lessons in Leadership: Hamlet Registered Visitor Articles Archive 64
ccochran Leadership Drives Customer Focus Registered Visitor Articles Archive 0
ccochran Improving the Quality of Leadership Registered Visitor Articles Archive 21
T ISO 13485 - 5.5.1 Responsibility and authority - Small Company Independence ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
B Product Safety Responsibility - Job shop such as a machine shop AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
D DHF Responsibility after design handover Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
L Global distributor vigilance responsibility Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 14
S Responsibility of intercessor services provider about services's quality ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
B Main responsibility for Control Plans - creating and maintaining FMEA and Control Plans 13
M EU MDR - UDI requirements and responsibility guidance EU Medical Device Regulations 1
Mr Skeleton PV (Production Validation) test plan responsibility APQP and PPAP 21
Shawn Mosby DFMEA when the supplier doesn't have design responsibility APQP and PPAP 14
W Organizational Responsibility for Environmental Compliance of Products REACH and RoHS Conversations 4
T Design responsibility for customized product per customer requirements Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
T Decontamination responsibility on customer complaint investigation Customer Complaints 4
lyobovnik Matters being audited, independence, participation and direct responsibility 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
P Responsibility for Design Transfer - OEM vs. CM ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M Where does our regulatory responsibility end? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
S Contract Packager or Repackager? And can client assume responsibility? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
Q U.S. Agents - Responsibility for reporting adverse events to the FDA Other US Medical Device Regulations 10
Fender1 Customer specified Item Defect Corrective Action Responsibility Customer Complaints 18
G FAI (First Article Inspection) Responsibility - QC or Engineering? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
E Manufacturer's responsibility to notify the NB regarding Medical Device End-of-Life CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
sutie What is Ethics Escalation (“Whistle-Blowing”) Policy - Corporate Responsibility IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7