Lean Manufacturing - Anyone doing it? I would like to hear the horror stories

sulkinsf

Involved In Discussions
I am getting ready to take the plunge face first into Lean Manufacturing. Would like to feel that others have had success. If not, I would like to hear the horror stories.
Anyone doing Lean Manufacturing?

-Steve.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
T

Tom Goetzinger

You might have better luck with the listserve at NWLEAN.NET. This is the website for the North West Lean Manufacturing group. I found it to be an excellent resource for information regarding Lean.
Tom Goetzinger

H
I'm aware that ArvinMeritor (Previously Arvin Inc & Meritor Inc)have a mature Lean Manufacturing system. Try logging onto Arvin.com

L

lyman

I just finished reading the cover article from Quality Digest and remembered that Lean Manufacturing had been a topic on the Forum they had some links and contacts some of you might be interested in. The link is
www.qualitydigest.com

Regards

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Lean Manufacturing Conferences - Could anyone suggest some good conferences? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
A Does anyone know some metrics can I use to measure Lean Manufacturing? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
J Lean MFG (manufacturing) process and Work order templates Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
B Looking for Lean Manufacturing Articles in Spanish Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
E Lean Manufacturing in Oil & Gas Industry Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
O Lean Tools in Labour Intensive Manual Manufacturing Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 20
F Looking for some type of training on Lean Manufacturing video or web training Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
C Availability of Lean Manufacturing Training The Woodlands TX Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
O Lean Manufacturing Implementation Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
L How Lean Can Manufacturing Get? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
C Lean Sigma Manufacturing Handoff Package Contents FMEA and Control Plans 8
A Lean Manufacturing in the Food Industry Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
R Demand Flow Technology vs. Lean Manufacturing - Same method with just another name? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 9
C Lean Manufacturing Implementation and Training Materials - Recommendations wanted Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
S Lean - Ways to Measure Equipment Flexibility - Flexible Manufacturing System (FMS) Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
P Where can one get trained in belts and lean manufacturing? Professional Certifications and Degrees 10
B Quality & Lean Written Quiz on terms and defintion of Quality and Lean Manufacturing Software Quality Assurance 8
R Beyond Lean manufacturing - Operation management / Performance improvement Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
B Cell Manufacturing - Project to implement lean manufacturing principles Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
M Lean To Attack Manufacturing Wastes Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
hogheavenfarm Lean manufacturing seminars in NY/CT area? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
T Examples of Mura and Muri to be used in Training - Key Concepts on Lean Manufacturing Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 10
C HMLV Lean Questions - PCB manufacturing industry Value Stream Mapping Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
T At what stage in a company's life can you introduce Lean Manufacturing Principles Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 12
A Where does the Lean Manufacturing philosophy / tool set come from? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 32
E Lean Manufacturing Presentation - What should I include? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 13
J Lean Manufacturing without stability - Rate it 1 to 5. Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
D Lean 6 Sigma book recommendations for young, inexperienced manufacturing Engineers Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 4
J Lean Manufacturing using the FMEA? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
P The Significance of Lean and Six Sigma Outside Manufacturing - Thesis Questionnaire Six Sigma 0
S Lean Manufacturing Concepts Discussion Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 128
S Student needs advice on his career in the field of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Career and Occupation Discussions 14
S Student requests help on Lean Manufacturing - Masters in industrial engineering Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 14
A What is the expectation of Lean manufacturing plans in Visteon specific requirements Customer and Company Specific Requirements 0
P Definition Lean Manufacturing - Definitions of (thesis assignment) Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
R Surveys about Quality Management and Lean Manufacturing The Reading Room 0
M Lean Manufacturing Overview Aimed at Management Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
A VSM (Value Stream Management) for service industry - Lean Manufacturing Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
Wes Bucey Body of Knowledge for Lean Manufacturing Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 47
S SAE Jrr 003 (RR-003?) - SAE J4000 - Lean Manufacturing - Status Evaluation Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 9
M Lean Manufacturing, SAP and 8.2.4 - No records indicating release of product ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
A Any folks have article, insight about Lean / Lean manufacturing to share? Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 12
WALLACE LEAN 'manufacturing' within a Leasing environment Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
G Low Hanging Fruit - Lean Manufacturing Ideas for a Job Shop Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 9
A TS 16949 Clause 6.3.1 and Lean Manufacturing - Any guideline for implementation? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
P Lean Manufacturing - Eliminating Inspection - Can Quality Survive? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 49
A Linkage of ISO 9001:2000, ISO/TS16949 and Lean Manufacturing Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 19
Q Has Lean Manufacturing put on weight due to Middle Age? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 14
M Interesting Discussion Lean Manufacturing Concepts - Is 'Lean' hype? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 215
A Lean Manufacturing - How do I change my company's Culture? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 26