Lean Manufacturing Presentation - What should I include?

E

ekonom

Hi everybody, tanks for the best discussion forum...

I use to get a lot of inspriration from this forum in my work. This time I should ask you to give me some suggestions and recommendation in following;

A old friend to me, working as researcher and teacher at an university of Sweden ask me, if there is a possibility to give a brief presentation (about 3 hours) of lean production for some (17 pers.) of his students, studying - production engeenering course. I working with lean production but not as teacher, and ask YOU for suggestings and recommendation about;

Which information about Lean should I take in my presentation, in order to give student a basic understanding of lean philosofy. Remember that the students do not have any knowledge about lean and that presentation time is limited to 3 hours.

I somebody have a example of presentation outline, please attach it to me. The presentation planned to 26 of march 2007.

best regard
SWEDEN

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Re: Lean presentation

Hi everybody, tanks for the best discussion forum...

I use to get a lot of inspriration from this forum in my work. This time I should ask you to give me some suggestions and recommendation in following;

A old friend to me, working as researcher and teacher at an university of Sweden ask me, if there is a possibility to give a brief presentation (about 3 hours) of lean production for some (17 pers.) of his students, studying - production engeenering course. I working with lean production but not as teacher, and ask YOU for suggestings and recommendation about;

Which information about Lean should I take in my presentation, in order to give student a basic understanding of lean philosofy. Remember that the students do not have any knowledge about lean and that presentation time is limited to 3 hours.

I somebody have a example of presentation outline, please attach it to me. The presentation planned to 26 of march 2007.

best regard
SWEDEN

I'm not sure even someone as long-winded and experienced as I about Lean would fill 3 hours talking about Lean without inviting a barrage of rotting fruit and vegetables unless I made the event an interactive seminar with some hands-on things for the audience to work with to get a feel for the concept of "thinking Lean."

Thus said, a typical seminar might start with an
  1. overview of brief history, general tools (spaghetti diagrams, etc.),
  2. then a division of group into teams with a case study to generate a plan for picking some low hanging fruit to help an organization move into Lean,
  3. next, a group evaluation of the strategies developed by the teams
  4. finishing with a recap of lessons learned and a handout of lists of sources for more knowledge of the topic.

E

ekonom

Re: What should I include in a Lean Manufacturing presentation

More suggestions or/and recommendations.....

best regards
Sweden

D

Duke Okes

Here is a PPT for a presentation I did at a local college a few years back. Obviously a lot of what is there would need to be modified based on your own experience, examples, etc., but you can at least see the flow, theory vs. examples, references, etc.

I don't remember how long it was, and as Wes suggested, you could make it more relevant by having them think about a particular type of organization/situation that most people have seen, thinking about how lean is relevant.

Of course what happened is they all wanted to know more about what it was like to be a consultant. Wonder how many of them are now competitors? Oh well, that's capitalism.

Attachments

• ETSU class.ppt
    241 KB · Views: 938
E

ekonom

Tanks a lot Duke Okes and Wes Bucey....

Have a nice day!!!

greetings from SWEDEN

E

ekonom

Hallo again,

Plaese, more suggestions...I known that here is a lot of lean experts,...

best regard

W

wmarhel

Duke made some very good points in his presentation.

I would also stress that Lean isn't a cost reduction program. It is a way to manage, and grow, the business. This is one of the reasons why there is an emphasis on "no layoffs". As resources become available, it is the job of management to find additional work and/or opportunities for the employees.

Wayne

N

ngkjrs

brief presentation for 3 hours? u must be kiddin'

a simple presentation would sound a lullaby and at the end of the presentation everybody would be found sleeping!

try interactive sessions with games explaining lean principles, One piece flow by dividing the participants into groups.

N

ngkjrs

Knock Knock

what did you do for the presentation.

did you try out lean game to explain the principles?

Top Bottom