Lean manufacturing seminars in NY/CT area?

Hello all, I did a quick search (here and google) but could not find any local seminars on lean, (some in CA), anyone have any experience with these or recommendations?:thanx:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I noticed no one replied to this. Did you find anything?

I'm not sure who gives Lean Manufacturing seminars. I figure Lean is still popular and that there would be a fair number of companies with training courses.

Thanks, I will look into that. I'm rather surprised that in these economic conditions there isn't something available in a form like a starter seminar. Obviously to get involved would take alot more than a quick seminar.

P

processanalyzer

I have been working in different projects with a company Who I have been using their software and been recomending it at times since I had increase in project success. They as far as I know have just started a web-ex type program you can just drop in on. Try this and you might need to call them and tell them what you want and they should custom tailor something for you.
http://www.leansigmamart.com If not ASQ usually has related material.

W

wmarhel

Thanks, I will look into that. I'm rather surprised that in these economic conditions there isn't something available in a form like a starter seminar. Obviously to get involved would take alot more than a quick seminar.

I would recommend you inquire about such courses at your local MEP (Manufacturing Extension Partnership) center. These centers are loosely overseen by NIST and utilize Federal/State money to provide low-cost solutions to manufacturing companies.

One caveat I will make, is that my experience with them is they are fine for some quick overview type classes; but that is about it. If you are serious about undertaking the lean journey, then you will definitely want more experienced professionals who can unify the entire business with these concepts.

My recommendation for a this type of service has always been Productivity Inc. I'm not affiliated with them other than having been speaker at several of their conferences and received training through them. I've had dealings with them for several years now and never been disappointed. They are also one of the very few consulting firms that has people who learned directly from the likes of Ohno and Shingo.

Wayne

Thanks all, the training is not for me, as I am leading the effort and have training in it, but our management people wanted a quick overview in a seminar form. While I could give it myself, and have done it before, this company would like an outside overview first.

W

wmarhel

Thanks all, the training is not for me, as I am leading the effort and have training in it, but our management people wanted a quick overview in a seminar form. While I could give it myself, and have done it before, this company would like an outside overview first.

It if is for management, and is to include upper management; then getting it right the first is critical. You could either get a two-thumbs up or be shot down in a brilliant fireball.

Contact Lisa Provenzano at Productivity Inc. They can draw on a number of upper managers and former executives who were hesitant to begin the journey but later came to embrace it.

I would also recommend the book Real Numbers: Management Accounting in a Lean Organization. Relatively small book, easy to read. Depending on your current companies culture, getting the finance people on board is critical.

Wayne

P

processanalyzer

Sounds like you might need champion training. I know from attending a champion training with Lensigmamart, they do it all so again try them, and for a price to quality knowledge its a steal..

Top Bottom