Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Lean MFG (manufacturing) process and Work order templates

JCG8

Registered
Hi, my name is Johnnie, supervisor at a small but rapidly growing mfg/engineering company. I recently became supervisor in our NPI department to control the flow of the floor. My new manager wanted to run in a lean process or six sigma. New to my company and not much experienced personnel here in that area. That being said, I was given no mentoring and have had to deal with everything on the fly. My current issue is how best to control the paperwork along with the flow. I'm trying to understand what would be the best way to set up our travelers to run with the flow of the build. If anybody has any incite pls let me know. :) Thank you

It depends on what you make and how you make it. Our travelers hang out in central locations depending upon where in the process they are. We could never keep traveler and parts together.

JCG8

Registered
It depends on what you make and how you make it. Our travelers hang out in central locations depending upon where in the process they are. We could never keep traveler and parts together.
I too keep them placed in the central locations. My biggest issue now is getting the process to match my templates, in addition, we go through a series of reworks due to main boards failures, and in order to remove the main board you're pretty much disassembling the whole unit. One of our head QA consultants said there's way to track the rework on the floor without using NCR's but never gave an example.

I too keep them placed in the central locations. My biggest issue now is getting the process to match my templates, in addition, we go through a series of reworks due to main boards failures, and in order to remove the main board you're pretty much disassembling the whole unit. One of our head QA consultants said there's way to track the rework on the floor without using NCR's but never gave an example.
One thing you might consider is "if necessary" steps. We have some parts, 9 out of 10 runs they are fine. That 10th run needs an extra hit. So that extra hit is on our routing, if needed.

JCG8

Registered
One thing you might consider is "if necessary" steps. We have some parts, 9 out of 10 runs they are fine. That 10th run needs an extra hit. So that extra hit is on our routing, if needed.
Hmmm... I love this idea. I'll start to see how I could best incorporate it into my templates. Thank you for this!

Top Bottom