Lean - Planification using EPE concept (Each Parts Each)

• Thread starter Diver the greek
  • Start date
D

Diver the greek

Hello dear community,

I am new in this forum. I have split my plant in high and low volume business unit (BU). Now I would like to work on the plannification implementing the EPE (each parts each) concept. Do you have reference book describing the different step to implement the EPE concept in plannification ? Thanks for your help !

Best regards

:thanx:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Lean - Plannification using EPE concept (Each Parts Each)

Hello dear community,

I am new in this forum. I have split my plant in high and low volume business unit (BU). Now I would like to work on the plannification implementing the EPE (each parts each) concept. Do you have reference book describing the different step to implement the EPE concept in plannification ? Thanks for your help !

Best regards

Can someone with experience in this concept help?

Thank you!

Stijloor.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit

Can someone with experience in this concept help?

Thank you!

Stijloor.
The word is usually spelled "planification" (one "n" in the middle) It has to do with a "planned economy."

Wiki gives some explanation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planification)

Frankly, I was only vaguely aware of the term and I know of no organization actually calling their business strategy "planification."

F

falconer65

I am not familiar with it but I yahooed EPE. It would seem someone has added EPE to lean manufacturing?

http: //www .isosupport .com/newsletters/articles/2004_Sikorsky.pdf - DEAD (404) LINK DECOUPLED

Case Studies: Increasing Throughput with Lean Concepts

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Diver the greek

Helo Falconer 65,

I google either before to ask to the team and I found that EPE is in fact the KPI of the Heijunka system (mixed model).

I found that interesting analysis attached on different kind of mixed model.

But I did not find how to calculate in details the sequence (EPE master plan).

Any thought !

PS: Thanks Wes to correct my english !

Attachments

• Hakansson_Skoog_ErikssonKristina_08.pdf
    401.4 KB · Views: 195

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
OK, so I modified the spelling in the title of the thread to make it more easy for search engines to index.

A

AdamP

Hi - yes EPE, or EPEI (every part, every interval) is usually part of Heijunka, or production smoothing within a Lean implementation.

This is for planning mixed moel or production manufacturing/assembly to keep up with customer demand.

Two online resources would be great for your beginning work on this:

www.lean.org which is the Lean Enterprise Institute site - search on Heijunka there. You'll find details here on how to determine EPE and how to incorporate that within your system.

Beter yet - on the LEI site, go to 'FORUMS' and search there for "EPEI" and you will find a nice discussion thread on how to manage high mix, low volume production via the EPEI approach and equation. Hope it helps.

www.gembapantarei.com which is part of Gemba Research's site and is another great resource

Last edited by a moderator:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
<snip>Beter yet - on the LEI site, go to 'FORUMS' and search there for "EPEI" and you will find a nice discussion thread on how to manage high mix, low volume production via the EPEI approach and equation. Hope it helps.

Adam,

For the benefit of our Members, could you start a discussion about this topic here?

Stijloor, Forum Moderator.

D

Diver the greek

Thanks AdamP ! I have food for thought now !

Best regards

W

wmarhel

Hello dear community,

Best regards

I believe the book Creating Mixed Model Value Streams contains references to EPEI (Every Part, Every Interval) on this very topic.

Wayne

Top Bottom