Lean Simulation Game

jikhtiari

Starting to get Involved
:bigwave:

Hi,

I was hoping someone could direct me to Lean Simulation Game resources. I've used the Lego's in the past but don't know where they came from or how to get the system. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks -- Jack

jikhtiari

Starting to get Involved
Jack,

This is maybe too obvious, but have you looked here?

Stijloor.

Always has to be a comedian in the bunch.

Of course I've looked on the broader search engines but they point to many sources, some of them out of the USA. Was hoping a lean professional who has first hand knowledge within this forum could direct me to a reputable source. Obviously your not one but thanks anyway.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Always has to be a comedian in the bunch.

Of course I've looked on the broader search engines but they point to many sources, some of them out of the USA. Was hoping a lean professional who has first hand knowledge within this forum could direct me to a reputable source. Obviously your not one but thanks anyway.

My intent was not to be a comedian. Just the opposite. You took it the the wrong way. If you have a minute, look at what I have contributed to this Forum. You may change your mind.

Have a great weekend.

Stijloor, Forum Moderator.

jikhtiari

Starting to get Involved
Maybe I was little hasty in my reply. My apologies Stijloor. If you could recommend a source I would appreciate it.

Thank You. You have a nice weekend as well

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Maybe I was little hasty in my reply. My apologies Stijloor. If you could recommend a source I would appreciate it.

Thank You. You have a nice weekend as well

Jack,

Thanks for your thoughtful response. :agree:

I have a colleague who provides "Lean" training and consulting and may be able to identify a good source.

Stijloor.

M

mooreke3

My company has used the 4-hr lego simulation game by TEIM Inc. with great success. After receiving a train-the-trainer course from the owner, we immediately trained ~500 site employees. Sister sites in the US and Europe (English speaking) also bought a kit, received their train-the-trainer instruction, and had similar success. I haven't seen or used any kits from other suppliers, so I can only speak to the TEIM Level 2 Simulation. Good luck in training! The intial site training of ALL employees, including resident contractors, is considered one of our critical key success factors in our early implementation efforts. We also continue to offer the course on a ~quarterly basis as new employees join our organization. Elmar is preventing an attached link, but you check out the information at TEIMINC.com

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
There is always the old standby - "The Beer Game" from MIT. I've made my own kit out of descriptions on various websites. Although the game dates from the early 60's - it has immediate lessons for Just in Time and Inventory Management which are both Lean issues.

BradM

Leader
Admin
There is always the old standby - "The Beer Game" from MIT. I've made my own kit out of descriptions on various websites. Although the game dates from the early 60's - it has immediate lessons for Just in Time and Inventory Management which are both Lean issues.

Yep, you beat me to it. That's a great game to play. If you are going to play it, don't let people know in advance. It's better for them to respond normally to the demands and such.:D

Top Bottom