Lean Terms - 3Ds (Dirty, Dangerous, Difficult)

P

peacewong

Later on I will discuss something about 3Ds with you if you're interseting in lean manufacturing. 3Ds means dirty, dangerous, difficult. Welcome come in this discussion.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Later on I will discuss something about 3Ds with you if you're interseting in lean manufacturing. 3Ds means dirty, dangerous, difficult. Welcome come in this discussion.

I think I qualify personally for two of the D's. I've never been considered dangerous to my knowledge, but perhaps I could make it an objective :tg:.

A

armedn

Never heard of it I'm really interested in learning new concepts and methodologies.

harry

Trusted Information Resource

Hi PeaceWong,

I am sure many people are waiting for you to start the discussion!

Manoj Mathur

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi Peacewong,

3D as discussed are the main cause of any program failure, Indeed If we all remove or even try to remove these 3D we will get full people support top and bottom all for any improvement rather this itself is a big improvement.

P

peacewong

I'm still trying to explain 3D further, but my computer does not work. So I have to put off discussing it without ppt files. I'll upload some materials about 3D when my computer gets back.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I think I qualify personally for two of the D's. I've never been considered dangerous to my knowledge, but perhaps I could make it an objective :tg:.
:topic:Soap helps one of the D's, nothing helps the difficult part when it is the individual who is "difficult,";) not the job.

On topic:
Frankly, I have never heard of the 3 D's in relation to Lean before this thread. Enlighten me.
  1. Who first used/coined the term?
  2. How is it applied?
  3. Do you, personally, ascribe to the concept, or do you think it is "consultant speak?"

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
:topic:Soap helps one of the D's, nothing helps the difficult part when it is the individual who is "difficult,";) not the job.

On topic:
Frankly, I have never heard of the 3 D's in relation to Lean before this thread. Enlighten me.
  1. Who first used/coined the term?
  2. How is it applied?
  3. Do you, personally, ascribe to the concept, or do you think it is "consultant speak?"

Wes,

I "googled" around and found this. 3-D is used in various contexts. Interesting. I don't believe it's "consultant speak."

Stijloor.

Top Bottom