Learning Uncertainty Budget for Novice - Fluke 5520A

fahimk

Involved In Discussions
Dear Folks,

We are using Fluke 5520A High Performance Multi-Product Calibrators for calibration of the electrical parameters (voltage, current and resistance).

I need help in calculating the uncertainty budget, particularly Uncertainty Type B. I don't know where to start from. What i know is that the Type B Uncertainty includes uncertainty due to following elements: reference, calibrator, temperature and uut etc. But don't know how to calculate each of them?

I have guides such as NPL's GUM and NIST documents but when it comes to complex formulas and calculations, i am finding it extremely to understand.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

dwperron

Trusted Information Resource
Dear Folks,

We are using Fluke 5520A High Performance Multi-Product Calibrators for calibration of the electrical parameters (voltage, current and resistance).

I need help in calculating the uncertainty budget, particularly Uncertainty Type B. I don't know where to start from. What i know is that the Type B Uncertainty includes uncertainty due to following elements: reference, calibrator, temperature and uut etc. But don't know how to calculate each of them?

I have guides such as NPL's GUM and NIST documents but when it comes to complex formulas and calculations, i am finding it extremely to understand.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Here are some good sources for beginners:

Beginner's guide to uncertainty in measurement - NPL

An introduction to expressing uncertainty in measurement

How to Start Every Uncertainty Analysis | isobudgets

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Learning Uncertainty - Training, Good book? Good software or freeware? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 14
I Good resources for learning statistics (quality engineering related) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
M Informational Health Canada has launched an e-Learning tool to aid in understanding the premarket regulatory requirements for medical devices in Canada Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
pbojsen Computerized Learning Management Systems (Training systems) recommendations? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Medical Device News FDA News - 27-08-18 - 2018 Learning program and GUDID updates Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
ScottK What Became of Alamo Consulting or Alamo Learning Systems Consultants and Consulting 5
Mikael Learning by gaming / (gamification) Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
V Accelerated Learning and Simulations / Scenarios - Statistics Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
T Having Fun While Learning ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
F Getting the audit procedure in my head (learning it) Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
M Bachelor of Engineering Course - Distance learning Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
Mikael How to prepare for a PLI (Professional Learning Indicator) job test Career and Occupation Discussions 6
W TS16949 Quick Learning Material Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
V Learning Management Systems (LMS) & Training Management Systems (TMS) Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
M Learning ISO 13485 - Getting a better understanding of the requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
K Non-Normal Data Analysis Literature, Websites, Books for Learning Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
P Which training system or LMS (Learning Management System) to train Auditors? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
R IQ/OQ/PQ Literature - Learning and implementing IQ/OQ/PQ procedures at my facility Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
R Quality Manager Training Methods - Learning and Implementing ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
C Learning Material for a Third Party Distribution Sales Environment Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
Q Training Management Systems (aka Learning Management Systems) Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
C Zeiss C 90 HP - Any suggestions for learning Umess UX. Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
P Beginning with ISO - Suggest any diploma course or online learning course Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
H ISO 9126 E-learning training course - Recommendations wanted Software Quality Assurance 3
A Learning Excel - Web Site, Book, and Add-in Recommendations Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 6
C Complete ISO idiot on a steep learning curve - Quality Manual Review appreciated ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
P What is Distance learning course? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 8
J Learning Statistical Process Control - I need a crash course in SPC Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
M Internal Audit Exercises/Games to Engage Auditors in Experiential Learning ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 33
B CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) Exam Learning Guidance and Related Questions Professional Certifications and Degrees 15
B Suggestions for Books on Testing/QA related to E-learning Courses Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
B ISO 9001 for an E-Learning company - How to proceed when processes are not clear ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Q Aerospace Quality related Distance Training/Learning/Exams Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
ScottK Foundations in Quality Learning Series: ASQ's Quality Basics Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
ScottK Learning about converting an AutoCAD .dwg to a .STEP file Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
L Registrar Customer Learning Session-Independence Ohio Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
Govind Sharing key Audit learning across multi-site operations General Auditing Discussions 12
P TS 16949 AIAG books needed for learning the requirements of the standard IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
S Layman's Learning Tool Needed - Regression analysis, t-tests, chi-square tests, etc. Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
Marc Distance Learning - From ivory tower to academic sweatshop Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
I Anyone know of any good TS 16949 E- learning sources? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
C A New Term for Defectives: SLO - Significant learning opportunities World News 0
N Distance Learning - Quality Management and TQM - Seeking Recommendations Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
C ISO 9001:2000 E-Learning for people new to ISO 9000 Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
Claes Gefvenberg E-learning take 2... Is anyone currently, or in the past, tried E-Learning? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 21
C Learning Curves - Biggest Process "VARIABLE" is mobile workforce ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
Atul Khandekar Use of Computer Aided Learning for Quality Topics - E-Learning Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 20
A Distance Learning where I would be able to obtain a 4 year degree in Quality? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
D Learning about what's involved in the Ford Q1 award and QOS - Seeking Information Customer and Company Specific Requirements 14
B IEC 60601-2-10 - Accuracy of Pulse Parameters - Required Measurement Uncertainty IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3