Length of validity of a self certified Declaration of Conformity (DoC) for CE mark

rob73

looking for answers
Hello all,
I seem to remember a thread about how long a self certified Declaration of Conformity (CE) should be valid for, but cannot find it! Can any one point me in the right direction?:thanx:
Rob

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
F

FredLaBosche

Re: Length of validity of DoC

We usually align the DoC valdity Length to the product or 13485 certificate.

S

SteveK

Re: Length of validity of a self certified Declaration of Conformity (DoC) for CE mar

Hello all,
I seem to remember a thread about how long a self certified Declaration of Conformity (CE) should be valid for, but cannot find it! Can any one point me in the right direction?:thanx:
Rob
Hi Rob,

We just have:

Declaration of Conformity

We ACME Ltd hereby declare that all devices on the attached schedule conform to the appropriate requirements of the Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC as amended by Directive 2007/47/EC.

We further declare that ABC is appointed as our Notified Body to undertake the provision of Annex II of the Directive.

This on our letterhead and is signed and dated (with a list of our products and Class ref etc). The footer of the document references ISO 13485 (e.g. as referrenced previously), Issue Number etc. Never had any issue about how long it should be valid for from our NB.:2cents:

Steve

Marcelo

Inactive Registered Visitor
Re: Length of validity of a self certified Declaration of Conformity (DoC) for CE mar

I seem to remember a thread about how long a self certified Declaration of Conformity (CE) should be valid for, but cannot find it! Can any one point me in the right direction?
I also remember something like this, but also cannot find it. The only ones I managede to find are the discussion involving an NB - which as a clear guidance for the validity.

I've just performed a quick google search and found nothing.

The only clear thing is that you need to register the device with the CA in the country of your AR (and some other countries too as they have requirements for self-certified).

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Length of Validity - Test Results Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
K Surface finish (Evaluation Length) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
P Search function minimum length Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 3
D Accurately measuring Full Thread Length Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 11
R Through-Hole Electronics - Checking Lead Length Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
S Mobile app data privacy - Length of record retention in a software app Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 1
Marc Definition MPEE - Maximum Permissible Error for Length Measurement Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
A Class I medical device and Category III PPE - Long length gloves EU Medical Device Regulations 5
supadrai OEM Changing the name of the manufacturer - length of process? Is 1-3 months correct? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
F Power Cord Length Issue - Medical Device Electrical Safety IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
D Long length measurement of 18" up to 100" with an accuracy of .005 min General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
L Registrar Audit Report Length General Auditing Discussions 6
N Any ULM (Universal Length Measuring device) Users? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 5
M Excel Charting - Graphing each trainee's length of time in training Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
E Callout of a length dimension and then P.I at the end - What does that mean? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
D Relationship between Diameter and Flow Rate & the Length Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
D Looking for Length Gauge Vendors FMEA and Control Plans 6
W Standard for Internal Thread / Tapping Length Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 8
M Average Run Length (Student Question) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
P Development and Approval of New Products - Procedure Length and Detail Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
M Weld Stud Length Poka Yoke Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
J Gage R&R on a Length Gage Made In-House Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
B Length Measure - Interpreting Calibration Results and Measurement Uncertainty (MU) Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
R Length Out of Specification - How do I perform Cause and Effect Diagram? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
N Is there a standard length of time to track down non-responding customers w recalls? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
B Uncertainty in Length Measurement using a Caliper Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
P Not Enough Resolution for Gage R&R - 79" Panel Length Measurements Help Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
K What is the expected length, content of a Food Safety Manual? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 7
K Inspecting a Length of Weld - High Reject Rates Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
S CE Technical File for 1 product with different length and different trade names EU Medical Device Regulations 3
D Effective Thread Length, Top Lock Nut - Inspection Techniques Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
J Advice for a Length Gage other than Caliper for 52"+ Aluminum Tube Manufacturing and Related Processes 13
E Error Proofing to prevent Length Short - CNC Turning Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
S Calibration of Length Standards (Masters) up to 65" General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
S Correct Length to Measure Surface Roughness Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
T What is the significance of "Cut Off Length" in roughness and waviness measurement? Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
A Customer Quality Complaint - Visual Defects from cut-to-length shear Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
S Go/No-go Length Gauges - Length checking of beam assemblies General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
N Sufficient measurement of length - 4:1 TUR - Basic 25ft tape measures Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
E Barcode Format Question - Variable vs. Fixed Segment Length Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
T What is Average Run Length & Average Production Length when used in Control Charts? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
H ISO 2768-1: No Length Tolerance Given on Print Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 5
C Improving Small Diameter Cable Length Measuring Techniques - Process Improvement Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 3
P How to Measure Straightness of Small Bars or Tubes (Long Length) Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 30
P How to Check Concavity Presence in a Flat Strip in a 50 mm Length Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 17
N QMS Scope length limited to 10 to 15 words maximum - How is that possible? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
K What should be the best control chart? Cpk study for assembly length Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
P What is "Cut off Length" in Surface roughness tester Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
K Is there an 'standard' for the length of calibration record retention General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
R Gage R&R for measuring tape for some wire length inspection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2