LEPC (Local Emergency Planning Committees) Required under our RC14001 (EHS&S)

C

C Emmons

We are required under our RC14001 (EHS&S) certification to get involved with LEPC's. I am struggling a bit as we have 154 facilities all over the US - I am not sure how to even get started. It looks like involvement requires meeting off site - involvement in drills etc. etc. I am a bit concerned about the resources it will take. Anyone have experience with LEPC involvement? Suggestions?

Randy

Super Moderator
Yep, been there, done that....Just check with your local fire departments or Emergency offices. See what they have going on and how your facilities can get involved...it doesn't take much.

Go to www.fema.gov (forget the bad press they've had) and look at what the agency has to offer as well in the way of free training in emergency planning and program management (as of 2005 I had done nearly every course they offered at the time totally for free)

R

Rainer

Re: LEPC Required under our RC14001 (EHS&S)

Cindy - just out of curiosity - where does the LEPC requirement come from? I'm sure it wasn't in my training class.

RC requires you to include public input - so for most companies a CAP (community advisory board) or LEPC is a logic way, as they are involved in them already. You don't have to bend over backwards. See what other community involvement possibilities you have in your neighborhoods, e.g. town hall meetings, industry associations, Chamber of Commerce, exhibits/fairs, and so on.

Hope this helps - as always your friend and RC trainer

Rainer

Top Bottom