Let's Catch Up... what's happened to you since last June

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've had a pretty eventful year...
1) Moved one town over to a lakefront house back in September, looking forward to our first summer on the lake as part of the community and have already acquired a couple of kayaks.
2) Left my last job and started a new one - I'm in my second week and am now a colleague of Gidget, but in a different division. Looking forward to having her come audit.
3) Discovered the joy of archery thanks to my son's interest. He's got a coach and shoots compound, I've been shooting traditional recurve for fun. We joined a club to have a good place to shoot in bad weather.
4) Joined a Karate dojo - Isshin-ryu - after my daughter talked me into joining her school. I haven't done martial arts since 1989 or so. My brain still thinks I can kick as high as my head, but my body says otherwise... ouch. It's fun though.

How have you all been and what have you been up to since June 2015?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
Lot of changes at my end. I left my full-time job and become a consultant for quality management systems, mainly supporting the Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices, Laboratories, and other FDA impacting organizations.

My current activities are a mix of working with clients and doing supplier audits.

I am glad that Elsmar is back :bigwave:

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Good thread idea...let's see...

1. Spent a week in Denver (but got to stop by the ranch again for the weekend!)
2. Spent a week in Shanghai...I'm now a premium access flyer, something I never wanted...
3. Chatted with ScottK (above) about getting together, but never actually did it (poke, poke)
4. Demolished the last remaining room in the house that hasn't already been rebuilt...this summer we finish! (and start over)
5. Paid off my company...I can really call it "My Company" now.
6. Booked our 17th anniversary trip (yup...back to the ranch...yay!)

The ranch: http://blackmtnranch.com/
The company: www.drblade.com (and no, we're not ISO...)

P

PaulJSmith

Not a whole lot has changed for me.

1) Still at the same company, still the Quality Manager, still getting a paycheck
2) Still married to the same wonderful woman, my own personal goddess
3) Still playing acoustic bass guitar and cello in the same local acoustic rock trio
4) Still not riding my motorcycle enough
5) Started cleaning out my wife's grandmother's house last month, and the remodeling begins in earnest this summer
6) Planning to audition for a double bass position with a local orchestra for the coming concert season
7) Considerably less color in my hair these days (hitting the 50 mark this year)

Great to see all these familiar (screen) names back again. Hope everyone has fared well.

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
I think I am going to copy and paste PaulJSmith as his are very similar to mine:

1) Still at the same company, still the Quality Manager, still getting a paycheck
2) Still married to the same wonderful woman (how she put up with me for 26 years I don't know)
3) Still playing with little (fantasy army) toy soldiers.
4) Considerably less hair these days (hitting the 45 mark this year)
5) Still hate the sun (big ball of fire in the sky and I have an armed truce, I don't let it know I exist, it lets me live)

Illek

Involved In Discussions
Hello Elsmar! Long time no post.

I am still at same company but we are rolling out AS9100 in our sister company.
We are expanding our Training Department but keep getting HR applicants (Do they even read the job posting ?). Good days and bad days trying to maintain the QMS but who doesn't?

Glad to see Elsmar is back.:bigwave:

Ettore

Quite Involved in Discussions
My health is good, like my wife this is the most important thing. (we have no children),
I think I have to thank my wife, nutritionist doctor for this.
Unfortunately, knowledge of English worsens.
Since 1982 I have always worked for quality service as an inspector, quality manager, consultant , since 1994 only employee at the Quality System Management as quality System coordinator.
From a couple of months, however, I work for the Health and Safety Office. Really .... .another world, .the pay is less, but this is right, I know nothing in this new world
Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to meet any of you in a flesh-

From a couple of months, however, I work for the health and safety office.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Contacting FDA via phone to let them know a Submission is Imminent Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
W Let's play... Classify My Medical Device!!! EU Medical Device Regulations 15
S Is it alright to let the supplier do all measurements and inspection? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
J How many Major Nonconformances could let the Audit be Terminated? General Auditing Discussions 9
T Let's share ideas about an inspection problem.... Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
Z Let us Discuss ISO 9001's Tomorrow ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
N TL 9000 Starter - Please let me know if anyone has worked on TL 9000 Software Quality Assurance 1
L It is fair and legal to let a customer to make an assessment audit based on other cus IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Hershal Congrats! Let's talk about top posters in the threads General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 17
R Quality Management System not active for 6 months. Registration let it Lapse or Fail? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
R The Improvement in Sigma Level (from Let's fix six sigma) Six Sigma 4
T Let's fix Six Sigma! Six Sigma 197
S How do you let customers know you are certified on your literature? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Q How to write my CV if I was let go? Career and Occupation Discussions 11
A Quality Policy - Please let me know your opinions and comments ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
tony s Let the Registrar audit the Internal Audit process Internal Auditing 45
Claes Gefvenberg Let's do age! How 'Old' will you be in 2007? A poll - Version 3 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 91
K What do you expect from a new position? Let?s compare benefits Career and Occupation Discussions 18
Hershal Football! (OK, we will even let soccer come in) - Fall 2006 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 162
H Benchmarks for Plastic Injection Molding - Let's Share! Benchmarking 18
Hershal MEMORIAL DAY 2007 - Let it be heard Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 18
WALLACE Useful PC software utilities let's share some info? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 20
Jim Wynne A Modest Proposal: Let's Get Rid of "Quality." Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 15
Douglas E. Purdy 7.5.2 e) Revalidation - Let me run this by you for verification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Steve Prevette Let's nominate a Cove'r for ASQ Board! ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 13
Q And now, let's add software development - Medical Devices - Applying ISO9001:2000 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
E The Chit Chat and 'Let's Meet' Thread - Meeting Other Elsmar Cove Participants Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 186
E Let's do age! How 'Old' are you? A poll - Version 2 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 223
Marc Let The Lawsuits Begin! Lawsuit could set crucial Y2K precedent World News 3
I Catch up 510(k) - Non-significant changes were made Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
M GM Cruze Recall - Seems that the Cruze can catch fire World News 6
S Software (Data Management) Catch up 510k 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
Q Supplier Excuse: Sending Defective Unit to Catch Up Shipping Schedule Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 11
K Looking for some Quality Catch Phrases - First Piece and Last Piece Displays Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 34
Marc Texting Messaging Study to Catch Criminals World News 0
A Catch 22? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
Watchcat Whatever happened to Eudamed 1.0? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
J What happened to EU DocsRoom? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
J What ever happened to Medical Device Risk Management, anyway? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 17
M I was wondering what happened to them (Joke) Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 5
Marc Everything That?s Happened Since The Massive Chemical Spill In West Virginia Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
R Mix Multi-Site/Individual Certification - Has this ever happened to anyone? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 14
Claes Gefvenberg What happened to Firefox? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 27
E Reporting Requirements - Report to US FDA if a MDR event happened outside US Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
S Qantas Airbus incident - What really happened? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
Q What ever happened to the "Process is not systemic" finding ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
Jim Wynne Virus Hoaxes or, What Ever Happened to Fact-Checking? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
B What happened to Part 804? 820.198 (3) references part 803 or 804 Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
ScottK Whatever happened to a string tied around a finger... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
GStough Has this happened to you? Internal Auditor challenges Lead Auditor Internal Auditing 17