Liabilities of a Distribution Agent - (C&F Agent - Carrying and Forwarding Agent)

v9991

Trusted Information Resource
Most of the clarifications are guided by commercial agreement, lets take for instance that commercial&quality liabilities are owned by original-manufacturer himself.

In one of the regulations, regulatory agency of Canada declareas "Manufacturer" as
“manufacturer” means a person, a partnership or an unincorporated association that sells, or manufactures and sells, a cosmetic under its own name or under a trademark,
design, trade name or other name or mark owned or controlled by it; (fabricant)
There must similar regulations/definitions elsewhere as well...

Since I see that "selling" is included in above definition... what are "Regulatory" liabilities of C&F Agent who is merely doing Distribution of product through his network? (original manufacturer is placed elsewhere...and C&F agent is operating in the country where product is being manufacturered)

Last edited:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Most of the clarifications are guided by commercial agreement, lets take for instance that commercial&quality liabilities are owned by original-manufacturer himself.

In one of the regulations, regulatory agency of Canada declares "Manufacturer" as
There must similar regulations/definitions elsewhere as well...

Since I see that "selling" is included in above definition... what are "Regulatory" liabilities of C&F Agent who is merely doing Distribution of product through his network? (original manufacturer is placed elsewhere...and C&F agent is operating in the country where product is being manufactured)

Can someone help?

Thank you!!

Stijloor.

sreenu927

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi v9991,

As per my understanding, from regulatory perspective, this forms as a role of distributor, who has to maintain distribution records and inform manufacturer of any product related customer complaints, if he receives any.

And as per the local regulations, may need to have appropriate distributor's license/permit.

Regards,
Sreenu

Top Bottom