Light bulbs - New Posts vs. Unread Posts

L

Laura M

Light bulbs

After I post a reply and go back to the forum main page from the topic window, I end up with all light bulbs indicating unread posts. Any idea why or if I'm doing something out of sequence? If I close the window and go back to the home page and back into the forums, the correct light bulbs are lit.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
L

Laura M

Kind-of
I'm "just a user" - so when stuff looks strange to me, I just keep going - figuring I did something wierd.

But from my initial registration last year, 2 things are different, the light bulbs, and I have to type in my Username and PW every reply.

I'm guessing the lightbulb thing started 4-5 months ago....just bugged me enough today to say something. :)

No biggie - thanks for the site!

L

Laura M

Just happened -
Sequence....
Click Post reply,
wait...return to update page.
Scroll to top,
click on "The Cove Forum" - all light bulbs.

Altho the user name and PW showed up for this post- must be a timing thing?

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Try going to PREFERENCES (near the top on the right of most forum pages) and deleting cookies. Also check the option for it to remember your password. You shouldn't have to sign in every time -- just once a year.

I can't reproduce the problem here so there's not much else I can advise. There have not been any software changes for a long time.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I don't know what to say. Mine work and no one else is complaining. All I can say is I think it's a cookie problem.

R

Roger Eastin

Marc,
I lose the light bulbs after I reply to someone's message. I wait until I have read all the "light-bulbed" forums before I reply, because I have to look at the dates and times after I do this (instead of having the light bulbs tell me which are new posts). This has been happening for a few months now. It's a hassle, but I have adjusted my work method to compensate!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Is there any Light for a surgical microscope? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
bobdoering Handy training tip for SPC - the Check Engine Light Analogy Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
optomist1 Recommend Primer Details of Non-Contact White/Blue Light Scanning General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
G Optical Comparator Light Bulb Wear question General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
M What is the lightest material to make a Strong and Light Ratchet Tie Down Strap Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
G Light Emitting Devices IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
J CE of light bulb CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
N Microsoft Word - How to make high-light go away after text is put in Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
M Light Rail Industry Standards and Requirements Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 19
P White Light vs. Laser Scanner - Investing in a 3d Scanner Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 6
L IEC60601-2-44 - Indicator Light Requirement IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
L Process Flow Chart for manufacturing of Light Switch requested Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
T ISO 2230 (Guidelines for Storage of Rubber Products) - Temperature, Humidity & Light Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 8
S IFU for combined OTC Medical Device in light of IEC 60601-1-11 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
K Small Sterilized Battery Operated Light - Is this a medical Device? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
A EN 62304:2006 Class A Stuff - Light Boxes for Eye Testing IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
S Medical Device or Cosmetic Device in Korea? Hand Held Wrinkle Reduction LED Light Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
S Medical Device or Cosmetic Device in Japan? Hand Held Wrinkle Reduction LED Light Japan Medical Device Regulations 3
R Red LED vs. White Light Inspection Lamp Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
M Importance of Polarized Light for PWB/PCB Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
N SPC Light Program - Easy way of Cpk extraction from multiple control charts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
C Form 1 EASA / Form 8130-3 tag - light aircraft with registration N EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 5
DanteCaspian Recommended Andons? Building 3 light-4 light andons, with or without sound Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
T X-ray's light testing - What is the standard to test the X-ray light brightness? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
C Macbeth Light Booth Gage R&R (GR&R) - Audit Nonconformance Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
M Light guns for a PS2 and LCD TV After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
M 21 CFR Part 11 Control of Data Requirements in light of ISO 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 8
D Digital Camera Problems - Taking sports pictures in low light After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
J Guitar Picker - Something light - Tommy Emmanuel Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
J Product mix problem using excel .xls - Can anybody throw in some light? Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
Sidney Vianna How many Elsmar Covers does it take to change a light bulb? Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 96
P Light Measurement Help - Work Instruction for Inspection of Powder Coated Surfaces Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
O Gretag MacBeth Light booth Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
C CUSUM Chart - Can some one throw some light on use and how to interpret? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
M ASTM Method for Light Loss Testing - Enclosures for the CCTV industry Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
C The lifetime of a light bulb Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 36
D Optical flats - "FLATNESS INTERPRETATION CHART, Light Wave Band Pattern Guide" General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
D A little light relief - A puzzle Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Kevin Mader Suppliers, more or less - Increase or a reduction in light of standards requirements Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
M Informational FDA Posts Information about Ethylene Oxide Sterilization and Medical Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Marc Search for Posts - By specific User Name(s) Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
Marc Forums - "Watching" One or More Forums for New Threads and New Posts Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
Marc New Posts and New Threads - Monitoring (aka "Watching") Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
Sidney Vianna LinkedIn bug - Anyone has any idea of how to fix this? Posts not showing for me in a Group feed. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
Marc Latest Posts in Right Sidebar on the Forum Listing Home Page Forum News and General Information 6
J Downloading and/or Viewing Files Attached to Posts Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
Marc Plagiarism in Elsmar Cove Forum Posts Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 0
Marc Searching Linkedin Posts - What am I missing? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 14
Miner New MSA Blog Posts Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
Marc Copyright - Including Copyrighted Material from other Websites or Sources in Posts Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 12