Likert (Rensis Likert) Principles - What is the Likert Principle

I

irishquality

Hi Guys,

I am not sure where to post this :mg: BUT before christmas our tutor asked us to review the leichhardt principals - I have no idea what they are - I have done various spelling versions but cannot find anything online.

Does anyone know if I am on the right track or where i might be able to find out more info, grantedly I can ask the tutor tonight but I thought i might do a little research to prep me.

Hope this is not a basic question?? :confused:

Lorraine

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: leichhardt (??SP) Principals

Hi Guys,

I am not sure where to post this :mg: BUT before christmas our tutor asked us to review the leichhardt principals - I have no idea what they are - I have done various spelling versions but cannot find anything online.

Does anyone know if I am on the right track or where i might be able to find out more info, grantedly I can ask the tutor tonight but I thought i might do a little research to prep me.

Hope this is not a basic question?? :confused:

Lorraine

Hello Lorraine,

I'm going out on a limb here but could it be this? (Rensis Likert.)

Let me know.

Stijloor.

I

irishquality

:applause:

Stiljoor,

Thank you very much!

I really appreciate the help, I would never have found it otherwise,

This is great to be able to get help this way - thanks again,

:agree1:

Lorraine

C

Craig H.

Management style 4, participative group management, is the hardest to do well, IMHO, but it sure is fun working in such a group. The manager leading such a group has to constantly keep their ego in check.

Interesting article.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Lickert drew some interesting conclusions about styles of management in his several books and publications and, surprisingly, given his location at a Michigan University, very little of that work seemed to reach the automotive barons headquartered in Detroit, Michigan.

I, for one, Lorraine, would be interested in learning the take your tutor has on Lickert and how you and your classmates respond to that view. Some might even draw comparisons to Deming who also found more recognition in Japan during the same period than in his own country. It may be a corollary of the old adage, "No man can be a prophet in his own land." or even the droll appellation in-house employees attach to outside consultants and advisors, "Expert from afar."

:topic:Lickert scales are used almost universally in surveys seeking a range of positions on a topic. I don't think he invented the concept, but he certainly popularized it sufficiently to deserve having his name attached.

:topic::topic:Good catch on interpreting Lorraine's original spelling of
leichhardt to recognize Lickert.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Lickert drew some interesting conclusions about styles of management in his several books and publications and, surprisingly, given his location at a Michigan University, very little of that work seemed to reach the automotive barons headquartered in Detroit, Michigan.

I, for one, Lorraine, would be interested in learning the take your tutor has on Lickert and how you and your classmates respond to that view. Some might even draw comparisons to Deming who also found more recognition in Japan during the same period than in his own country. It may be a corollary of the old adage, "No man can be a prophet in his own land." or even the droll appellation in-house employees attach to outside consultants and advisors, "Expert from afar."

:topic:Lickert scales are used almost universally in surveys seeking a range of positions on a topic. I don't think he invented the concept, but he certainly popularized it sufficiently to deserve having his name attached.

:topic::topic:Good catch on interpreting Lorraine's original spelling of
leichhardt to recognize Lickert.
Thanks for the meat!;):lmao:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

:applause:

Stiljoor,

Thank you very much!

I really appreciate the help, I would never have found it otherwise,

This is great to be able to get help this way - thanks again,

:agree1:

Lorraine

You're very welcome Lorraine.

Please tell others about the Cove Forums.

Stijloor.

Top Bottom