Lindstrom MAL500 Series Curse

T

tacostan

I have been working on some MAL500 series torque drivers from lindstrom...or snap-on...or cdi..depending on who you ask. They are adjustable drivers and usually I have an issue where I can get the highest setting into tolerance and the rest of the lower settings are out of tolerance, but when I get the lower settings into tolerance the upper setting is out of tolerance. This has led me to believe that there is a variable high/low calibration.

So, I am wondering if this is the case, are there a set of hi/low hex screws or is there just something wrong with this unit. Also, I've been trying to contact lindstrom, but they don't seem to keen on responding to my requests for a parts breakdown or calibration instructions, or at all. So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

adamt

Involved In Discussions
if they are simular to the Q driver(Snap-on) there is two Zero adjustments on under adjustment cap and one under the overlay. Span adjustment is made from the nut near the torque drive end. Note this is from years of trial and error. Nothing really in writing from the factory. Hope this helps

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Watchcat FDA Webinar Series - N95 Respirators Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
S Minitab - Factor Analysis: Label on second series of data for Biplot Using Minitab Software 4
T Series A ready company - Term for medical devices companies? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
Miner Dr. Wheeler's series on Data Snooping (aka Data Mining) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
Marc IAF Mandatory Documents (MD Series) - Required to be used by certification bodies ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
J Calculating Reliability for Subsystems in Series Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 15
Marc IAF (international accreditation forum) - Mandatory Documents (MD Series) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 0
B What is our requirement for maintaining the EMC series of standards? IEC 61000 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
T How get prepared for IEC 60601 series testing IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
B Has FDA amended any standards in the 21 CFR Part 800 series? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
I Is ARIMA (Time Series Analysis) Model appropriate for this Dental Research? Using Minitab Software 4
S Clifton Ne series 5 -28 D Water Bath Temperature Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
C VFA PVS 0-Series S-Series - During a launch of VW product. APQP and PPAP 3
I ISO 9000 series, 13485:2003, 15378:2006 - Small Compounding Pharmacy ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
E RSD (Relative Standard Deviation) Calculation for two series of numbers Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
T Are there any International Conferences related to ISO/IEC 27000 series standards IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 1
T AS9100 Series Auditor Certification - Clarification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
C Simpson 260 Series 8 Equipment Accuracy General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
R Fuses that in series with each supply lead are only housed by Heat Shrink Tubing IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 12
S Your guess for who will be in the 2012 World Series Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
Wes Bucey One of his habits was to call the World Series the "World Serious" Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 24
A What's meaning of T series for a bolt or nut? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
M Machinability of Specialty Metals - Inco - 300 - 400 Series Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
D Capability for Small Series and Small Batches Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 8
Sidney Vianna New IAF (International Accreditation Forum) Informative Documents (ID Series) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 0
Q Mad Men - TV Series Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
O Sales Forecasting by Using Time Series Decomposition [Minitab] Using Minitab Software 4
Marc Alan Miner's Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) Blog Article Series Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
Hershal BBC series of Robin Hood - Last episode end of 3rd season Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Marc List of the ISO 14000 Series of Documents ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
N Combining two time series graphs and putting a break line between them Using Minitab Software 5
S Normal distribution - I have a series of data but I don?t know the distribution Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 24
B The PQG (Pharmaceutical Quality Group) series of standards: PS 9000: 2001 Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
Marc Cowboy Movies and Series Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 29
Sidney Vianna New ISO standard will facilitate implementation of ISO 14000 series in 12 languages Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
E Establishing a biocompability test lab for testing EN 10993 series EU Medical Device Regulations 1
C Informant to the Fed's in a series of violations commited by your company Career and Occupation Discussions 16
P Ultrasonic Welder Branson 8700 series Service manual Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Sidney Vianna IAF Mandatory Documents (MD Series) as of May 2019 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 16
Ted Schmitt Baseball World Series 2007 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 27
T I'm looking for a Medical Device Seminar series Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
P Biocompatability (ISO 10993 Series) Testing for Infusion Systems ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
Marc Lecture series from the nation's think tanks, civic groups, bookstores, etc. After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
ScottK Foundations in Quality Learning Series: ASQ's Quality Basics Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
P t-test or ANOVA to compare variance of several samples series Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 12
J Calculating Series System Reliability and Reliability for Each Individual Component Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
Sidney Vianna The PQG series of standards: PS 9000, PS 9100 and PS 9004 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
Q 2005 World Series - White Sox or Astros Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 33
P Which OEM's require suppliers to become 3rd party certified to 9100 series AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
Sidney Vianna ISO wants Feedback: ISO Survey on USE of ISO 9000:2000 Series of Standards ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19