Linearity - Minimum and maximum value for acceptance of the equipment?

L

Luis Alves

Hi all
After a small discussion in the MSA Forum, some doubts occur which are related to this forum and as suggested my Mark I put the two questions here.
First what is the minimum and maximum value for acceptance of the equipment?
Second what should be the process variation of a measuring range of 1 to 150 mm? 74,5 is a good value?
Tanks in advance,

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
A second question is:

In MSA manual an example of a linearity studie is present. My question is when they calculate the linearity they they use 6.00 for process variation. Where they find that value?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Test method validation - Is MSA (MSA1, MSA2, MSA3 and linearity) a good solution? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
A Acceptance p-value for linearity and bias analysis in minitab results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
A The FILE recommended by AIAG MSA 4ed for LINEARITY Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
W Using MPE (Mean Percentage Error) for Linearity and Type-1 study Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
B Linearity study on a non-linear gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
P Purpose of calculating Ta, Tb & R Square in Linearity Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
M How calculate P value for Linearity and Bias using Excel Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
P The correct way to do a Linearity and Stability Study on a Critical Dimension Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
E Company-wide MSA - Measurement Equipment Bias, Linearity & Stability Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
G Bias & Linearity Study and the Uncertainty of Standards Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
M Are Bias, Stability, and Linearity studies required by TS 16949 7.6.1? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
E Gage Linearity and Bias Questions Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
E How to Properly Apply Linearity - How does it "Fit"? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
I Difficulty with calculated t-value for Linearity Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
I Interpretation of MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Linearity and Bias Study Results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
T Bias & Linearity Study - How to calculate the P value for the Average Bias Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
A Bias Linearity Stability MSA Excel File with Formula Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
M Profilometer Patch - Gain does not match, Linearity and Stylus = Good General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
V Excel Linearity Chart - drawing 95% CI line & set X-axis at the bottom Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 13
C Linearity and Bias Study Compliance Requirements Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
L Gage Linearity and Bias Study Analysis - Minitab help needed Using Minitab Software 4
Rameshwar25 Linearity Study - Tolerance for which Ref Value Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
Rameshwar25 Trendline-Linearity - Questions related to Linearity study graph Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
Rameshwar25 Linearity Problem (MSA - Measurement System Analysis) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
T Gage Bias and Linearity - How to interpret the Minitab results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
Rameshwar25 MSA Manual 4th Edition, Page 100 - What is wrong in the Linearity graph? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
C "Destructive" Linearity Study Methodology Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
S MSA 4th Edition formats in Excel wanted - GR&R, Bias, Stability and Linearity Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
F R-sq index in Linearity study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
J Uncertainty Budget for the Optical Microscope - Deriving Linearity Uncertainty Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
S Linearity Calculation Worksheet (including formula) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
M Linearity, BIAS & Stability - How many studies do I need to do for a device? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
L Recommend a 3rd Party Certifier for Master Value in Linearity & Bias Study General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
Miner Intro to Measurement System Analysis (MSA) of Continuous Data – Part 3: Linearity Imported Legacy Blogs 15
B Can any one help me in Linearity calculations & acceptance criteria Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
S Stability, Bias and Linearity samples - Measurement Systems Analysis Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
F Linearity Analysis - MSA 3rd edition, March 2002 page 93 formulas Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
B In a Linearity Study covering the operating range is it necessary to do Bias Study? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
M When to use Linearity and Bias - appropriate for paper tensile strength? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 6
A Linearity and Eccentricity Point Definitions - Ref: ISO/IEC 17025:2005 ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
S If I do Linearity and Bias Studies, are Stability Studies Required? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
I R-sq Value is Almost Zero - Linearity Study Question Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
B Any Easy Way to determine Linearity Study Acceptability? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
Ron Rompen MSA to perform Linearity and Stability studies on Variable Gauges with Minitab Ver 15 Using Minitab Software 6
V Linearity - R-sq evaluation - Where can we find R-sq evaluation criteria? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
A Linearity and Bias Study - Bias Study fails - Seeking advice Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
P Linearity & Bias Acceptable Percentage Guideline - Digimatic micrometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
D MSA - Can Regular Calibration Replace Bias, Linearity and Stability Studies? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
D Stability, Linearity vs. Bias - Do we need to compute them all? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
A Doubt on "MSA 3rd Linearity Example.xls" formula Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4