List of Level 3 PPAP requirements for automotive suppliers

eule del ayre

Involved In Discussions
Good Morning Guys, can someone tell me or educate me about the PPAP level 3 list of requirements for automotive? Please and Thank you guys.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Level 3 includes a Part Submission Warrant (PSW), product samples and complete supporting data.

Starters:

• Level 1 – Part Submission Warrant (PSW) only submitted to the customer
  • Level 2 – PSW with product samples and limited supporting data
  • Level 3 – PSW with product samples and complete supporting data
  • Level 4 – PSW and other requirements as defined by the customer
  • Level 5 – PSW with product samples and complete supporting data available for review at the supplier’s manufacturing location

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Keep in mind that level 3 only indicates what must be sent to the customer. You as the supplier must still create 100% of the PPAP documentation and maintain it on file.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
If you're starting to do PPAPs for your customers, you may want to invest in the AIAG manuals. The PPAP manual will tell you almost everything you need to know. Good luck.

eule del ayre

Involved In Discussions
Keep in mind that level 3 only indicates what must be sent to the customer. You as the supplier must still create 100% of the PPAP documentation and maintain it on file.
Thank you sir, i'm doing everything, but sorting out what's to submit, that's what i'm worrying about.

ncwalker

Here's some hints when you do this:
EVERY document should have the part number on it, as well as the date generated, the part numbers should all match. Dates generated should be the dates they were made, do not have to match.
EVERY document in your QMS should also have obvious revision control. So PFD, PFMEA, Control Plan should all be in your revision control system and it should be obvious on the document. Dimensional reports, MSA, etc, don't necessarily have to be.
Any document with values: dimensionals, initial process studies, metallurgy, gage r&r - not only should have the results, but the LIMITS. Do not leave off the specification limits.
All process steps should exactly match. If your wash process is OP40 in the PFD, it needs to be OP40 in the PFMEA, Control plan, etc.

Less known, but still important:
If it's sloppy looking, your customer is more apt to dig into it. Nobody can send me a PPAP submission that I cannot find a problem with, if I want to. If what you send is disorganized and sloppy, I'm going to spend more time poking around in it, which will be more painful for you. Make sure things like your file names are organized and make sense. You should really number them by element number as well. Make sure that if you are printing to a pdf, you don't have stray page breaks, etc. Think of it like a job interview. It really kind of is - it's like a resume saying "I'm ready to make your part." You want a good first impression. That will give me confidence, and I am less likely to dig. And believe me, there is nothing worse than an SQ who starts digging that doesn't know what they are digging for. Depending on the complexity of the part, an SQ spends about 4 hours examining a PPAP. But if it's sloppy, it gets a lot more attention.

try2makeit

Quite Involved in Discussions
Also keep your Customer requirements in mind, check their Supplier manual in the PPAP requirement section what additional items need to be submitted besides the AIAG requirement.
Make sure that any special characteristic on the drawing is addressed in the PPAP.

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Also keep your Customer requirements in mind, check their Supplier manual in the PPAP requirement section what additional items need to be submitted besides the AIAG requirement.
Make sure that any special characteristic on the drawing is addressed in the PPAP.
yep great point as most OEMs have their on addendum or Customer Specific Requirements (CSR), usually a refinement of the AIAG particulars...and a bit of topic here but worth repeating...assuming you are a Tier 1/2/3, always be open, eve nwhen there is an adverse issue before, during after PDR, or other PPAP milestones....best to address earlier, even if you beleive to be insignificant....it is all about due diligence and transparency....in the long run it works in your favor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O AIAG Manual Master List with Current Revision Level IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
D Approved supplier list for R&D ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
R Qualification list of businesses approved to Off-Shore Aerospace work. AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
F List of countries that 'prefer' a CE Mark CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
C List of MDSAP Auditing Organizations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
G MSA check list to audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
D List A IVD - Change to material supplier EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Sites to List on Multi-Site Certifications Registrars and Notified Bodies 1
D How to list multi-product sample pack in GUDID 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
G Free Sales certificates for Medical Devices - List of countries EU Medical Device Regulations 4
dgrainger Informational EU published new Harmonised Standards List for the Directives (25/3/2020) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
G Assignable cause/corrective action list for SPC Software Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
F ISO Certified companies - Is there a list of certified companies that I can access ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Q Forms Master List versus Record Matrix ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
D Why does Official Journal list superseded standards? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
V IATF 16949 8.4.1 Control of externally provided processes, products and services - Should the CB be on our Approved Supplier List? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
K List of Deregulated Devices in Mexico Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
G Harmonized List - MDD 93/42/EEC Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
M EU – REACH Authorisation Decisions List REACH and RoHS Conversations 0
E Part 11 Compliance, Excel living documents (i.e. document master list, equipment list, approved supplier list) Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
M Informational US FDA – Modifications to the List of Recognized Standards, Recognition List Number: 052 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Sidney Vianna Informational List of ISO Management System Standards Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
Q AS9120 Vendor of ESD Monitoring Equipment needs to be in the Approved Supplier List? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
M Informational EU – Candidate List of substances of very high concern for Authorisation Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
F List of approved API manufacturers or Formulations manufacturers US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
P List of ISO certificate registrars around the world - ISO certification databases ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Informational US FDA – Priority List of Patient Preference-Sensitive Areas Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S List of requirements for Management Review in IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
M IATF 16949 - 8.5.6.1.1 Providing a list of process controls: Does this requirement add value to QMS? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
R List of countries that require only CE Mark certificate for product registration Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
T Medical device Clinical trial exemption list China Medical Device Regulations 2
D China - Where I can get NMPA complete structure/organogram chart and GB/YY format list China Medical Device Regulations 1
M Informational USFDA – FDA Modernization Act of 1997: Modifications to the List of Recognized Standards, Recognition List Number: 051 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
A What ISO 9001:2015 clause could be used to write nonconformance for not updating licensed driver list? General Auditing Discussions 8
M Is there a published List of AIAG members requiring IATF certification ? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Marc Attachment List Update - 2018-11-16 Forum News and General Information 0
M Medical Device News EU - List of national market surveillance authorities by sector and country EU Medical Device Regulations 0
G Where to list chain of traceability? ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
M Medical Device News Health Canada - Proposed Changes - List of Recognized Standards for Medical Devices Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
F Design check list for Cable and Wiring Harnesses Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
P Template or example Excel list of ISO certificates issued to clients ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A Docs for Medical Device registration in China - List of certificates China Medical Device Regulations 6
T List of Tests - IEC 61010-1, 3rd edition and IEC 60601-1, 3.1 edition IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
Y List of Cell therapy and Gene Therapy products in South Korea and China Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
H IS there any database for list of CE marked Medical devices and there current status EU Medical Device Regulations 8
B Are contingency plans required to list the sources of alternate products or services? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
N What should be included in the supply contract - Annex 2 list B IVD ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
A AS9100 Rev D - List of Required Procedures Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
L List of Regulated Countries - Registrations on Medical Devices Class I / II / III Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
Q Product Instruction for Use Manual (IFU) - Obligation to list the standard used 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1