Listing Exempt Medical Devices with the USFDA

M

Mike_Benz

All,

We are beginning to list all of our Class I/ Class II products with the USFDA, which I have broken into 2 groups:
1 - exempt
2 - 510 clearance

This questions regards those items in Group 1 - Exempt from needing 510k clearance.

Our HQ out of the USA (registered with the USFDA as specification developer/ relabeler) through our sister company in China (manufacturer of record, ISO and NOT registered with the USFDA) has supplier agreements with a handful of GMP factories within the various provinces throughout the country, who CM for us.

I will break these factories into 2 groups:
a - registered with the USFDA (very few)
B - not registered with the USFDA (many)

Here's are my questions:
For Factories in Group B (not registered) can we:
a - List the exempt goods on our USFDA DRLM, as this is self-generated and they do not asked for the manufacturer
b - If not, can be registered our China sister company with the USFDA, and simply list our China office as the manufacturer (note: they are NOT the end manufacturer, only the manufacturer of record with the supplier agreements, whom we can name relabeler/ specification developer if need be).

Basically, if the above was confusing: Can we list exempt goods from factories NOT registered with the USFDA on our FDA company database (DRLM)??

thank you so much!

Best,

Mike

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G New model for existing Class I Device Listing (510K exempt) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 8
A 510(k) registration and listing US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
D Certifcate of Free Sale Listing Physical Site from Belgium Competant Authority EU Medical Device Regulations 3
P Establishment Registration and Device listing - Wording of 807.20 (a) (6) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
D Colombia Device Listing Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
S Which department manages Establishment Registration, Device Listing and GUDID? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
L Payment for Establishment Registration and Device Listing US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
Marc Latest Posts in Right Sidebar on the Forum Listing Home Page Forum News and General Information 6
Ajit Basrur FDA - Tobacco Registration and Product Listing US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
P FDA's DRLM (Device Registration & Listing Module) Listing Number Question 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 9
supadrai Confusion on 510(k) Transfer Guidance - Device Listing 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Marc IAQG-OASIS - 9101:2016 Form 4: Cause Code Listing Now Included in Form AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
S Registration/Listing; Initial Importer - Private Label w/ Foreign Establishment 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
Q Medical Device Establishment Registration/Listing for Foreign Private Labeler Other US Medical Device Regulations 8
J US Listing of Medical Device with Different Models Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
B FDA Listing of a Class I Medical Device in USA (Manufactured in China) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 10
J Does anyone have an example Authority Listing SOP example? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
I GUDID listing - Inputting data into the GUDID database Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
K Medical Device Listing for 801(e) Export of Uncleared 510(k)able Device Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
M Which documents are required for a class I medical device listing US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
R Medical Device Registration and Listing Help 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
I FDA FURLS Medical Device Listing Naming Scheme 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
R Medical Device and Accessory Establishment Registration and Listing Query Other US Medical Device Regulations 7
ScottK FDA Listing a Class I that goes into a Class II 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
H Listing the gaps between EN ISO 14630:2012 and recent vesions Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
Q Giving out a Medical Device DRLM Listing US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
somashekar Medical Device Establishment Registration and Listing - Notice of Changes for FY 2013 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
B How to change the FDA Device Registration and Listing Module - Owner/Operator Other US Medical Device Regulations 10
S FDA 483 Listing Observations - Mostly Corrective Action and Root Causes? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
S Question on Device Listing for a FDA registered facility US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
B Convenient source for finding a listing of changes to BS EN ISO standards Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
B Listing both OEM which is owned by OBL on a CE Mark Certificate CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
J Device Registration and Listing - Separate for Device and corresponding Instruments? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
A Uncompleted Registration and Medical Device Listing US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
D FDA MDDS - Listing Obligations for a Generic Data Interface US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
W Listing of Similar Medical Devices approved by CE NB EU Medical Device Regulations 6
A Listing a Preamendment Medical Device 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
B FDA - New Establishment Registration and Device Listing Requirements Other US Medical Device Regulations 14
L Approved Parts Listing- ISO 13485- Is an approved parts listing necessary? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
AnaMariaVR2 Medical Device Establishment Registration and Listing - Notice of Changes for FY 2013 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
Ronen E New Establishment Registration and Device Listing Rule - August 2012 Other US Medical Device Regulations 32
P FDA Approved API (Active Pharmaceutical Listing) Bioequivalence Study Lab for India Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
T Schedule for SOP Review - Listing by Names of Process Owner versus Job Titles? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
E Registration & Listing of a Dental Device - Class Enforcement Descretion 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
G LST (Device Listing Number) for Medical Device Contract Manufacturer 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 10
Q Private Label Listing Requirements for Medical Devices Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
N CE Mark Certificate - Product Variant(s) Listing Requirements CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
bio_subbu Hong Kong MDCO issues revised guidelines on listing system for the Medical Devices Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
A Does my firm need to list a Contract Manufacturer under Establishment Listing? Other US Medical Device Regulations 13
S FDA Device Listing Question - "Each Device" Definition - 21 CFR Part 807 Other US Medical Device Regulations 4