Little Law and WIP calculation

Hi all,
I have a question around the Little law
1. PLT = WIP/Exit rate
For example I have 5 station. If i want to calculate the Wip at station 4 and the bottle neck is at station 3.
Q1/Then the PLT time count from station 1 to station 4?
Q2/The WIP is calculated for whole process from 1 to 4 or just between station 4 and 3 only?
2. SWIP =manual time/takt time
Q3/Use the example above what is this SWIP for. Is it for the whole 4 station which is (CT1+CT2+CT3+CT4)/Takt time) = SWIP 1=SWIP2=SWip3= SWIP4or this formula is for each station like SWIP 1= CT1/Takt time
Thank you all!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Dock Audits - Isn't waiting to do an audit when the product is "supposed" to ship a little late? Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
Mikey324 GR&R - Little to no part to part variation in single part number Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 14
I Gage R&R confusion on a part that has little variation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
Douglas E. Purdy Where to buy Little Red Arrow Stickers Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
H "Too little" variation in gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
T A little survey on ISMS Implementation - Need help IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 12
optomist1 A Little Midwestern Whine - Drowning in Sea of Acronyms Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 14
R Is IEC 61010-1 required for my silly little device? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
somashekar Too much data, Too little analysis - Manual Stages Assembly Shop Data Collection Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
C MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Case - A little help? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
A Looking for a wordsmith - Little compensation - Lots of appreciation! General Auditing Discussions 8
D My little ISO 9001:2008 plant is going to make a medical device...now what? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 35
somashekar OH&S and the little family fun Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
M There?s a little lie within the Kano-model! Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
Claes Gefvenberg Weekly picture: The little things... Imported Legacy Blogs 1
smryan Share the Joy! Our little company just got a huge grant! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
R They do things a little different on Southwest Airlines! Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 1
BradM The family lost a little friend today Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 52
M A Little Car Trouble :) The back wiper stopped working Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
S A little weight on my mind for New Year's - Measurement Uncertainty Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
Wes Bucey Job hunting - the "dirty little secret" Career and Occupation Discussions 5
Jen Kirley I saw the coolest little book today. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 30
T ASQ CQE Recertification - I might be a little short on points - What to do? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4
M a little Norwegian humor??.. Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 4
W When A Little Redneck Isn't Enough... Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 1
Z Their own little database empires, can anyone be impartial? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
BradM A little help for the bird watchers Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 4
I A little controversy - but is it really? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 36
Wes Bucey Thanks for giving me the opportunity to give a little bit back Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 20
J Choosing Samples for Gage R&R - Randomly picked samples show very little variation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 13
M A little perspective... The Goodbye Letter Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 14
Wes Bucey Aren't we a little old to believe in fairy tales? Whirlpool to close Maytag plants World News 13
E My little web application about ISO 9000 - Looking for suggestions, comments etc. Software Quality Assurance 8
A Looking for a little insight - New to the Quality Profession - Older Company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 19
Marc GM to place more emphasis on hybrids - Too Little Too Late World News 0
C New to 17025 and need a little help in proficiency testing ISO 17025 related Discussions 7
D Registrar's Auditors Main Interest - Football Hall of Fame - Little Work Registrars and Notified Bodies 96
D Can anyone tell me a little about AS9101? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 7
D A little light relief - A puzzle Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
B How Do I Put a Little Life into the Internal Audit Report to Management? Internal Auditing 6
A ISO/DIS 15223-1:2020 - Country of manufacture label (IEC 60417 No. 6049) - Which national law requires this symbol? Other Medical Device Related Standards 6
R Do we need to treat local law as external origin documents? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
B Interesting Discussion The legal aspects of Customer Specific Requirements (Contract Law). IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
supadrai ISO 27000 - Starting from Scratch for a Smallish Law Firm IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 4
K Is minimum repair or replace guarantee period for medical devices in EU the same as consumer guarantee law of 2 years? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
K GDPR - Is it really necessary for the DPO(s) to be knowledgeable to Data Privacy Law? IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 3
E IVD Classification in Japan based on the Japanese Pharmaceutical Affairs Law Japan Medical Device Regulations 2
J Vanessa's Law (Protecting Canadians from Unsafe Drugs Act) Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
P Law restrictions in each country [REACH, CONFLICT MINERALS, Canada Gazette] RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 2
T Testing bluetooth medical devices against Japan Radio Law requirements Japan Medical Device Regulations 2