Load Cell Calibration using a totalizer on a flow meter

Hello -

First of all, thank you for taking the time to read this.
Now, for the last several years, I have been working in a pharmaceutical plant and we do in house calibrations. One of which is load cells. Typically we have used a calibrated flow meter and stopwatch at a set rate to measure load deflection in a vessel and on the load cells.
I have been tasked with utilizing the flow totalizer in getting load cells calibrated that way. I am having trouble with accounting for holdup volume on the hose going from the flow standard to the vessel I am calibrating. It is off an average of 8-10 liters. I need it to match as precisely as possible.

Does anyone have any experience in doing the load cell calibration using a totalizer on a flow meter? What am I missing here?
Thanks for your help!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Damaged Load Cell After Calibration - Who Should Pay? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
W Force Calibration - In-House Load Cell Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
S Calibration of Load Cell using Compression Machine as Comparator General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
I Procedure for Calibration of my Load Cell Testing Equipment - Needed General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
K Why does load cell supplier requires force verification General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
D Gage R&R on a Load Cell fixture that tests the resistance of a Headrest Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
C Tolerance Estimation of a Load Cell I want to Calibrate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
M Gage R&R for effort required to actuate the horn switch with a load cell Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
R Dedicated Chamber / Dedicated load EO sterilization US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
P API Q1 - Monogram Product & API 4F - Proof Load Test Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 3
H Prodigit DC Electronic Load - Drawing current but showed 0 on the screeen Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
H California Instrument AC Load - 222 Error Message Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
F Plastics cans shelf life determination under static load Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
T GDT Callout - How to call out a note that requires some clamp load Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
D Gage R&R Study on Load Cells - Large chemical blending tanks IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
N Heavy tare to simulate high load in a routine sensitivity test of a floor scale? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
H EO Sterilization Validation - Sterility Testing and Load Configuration Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
C AMS2750E - Noble metal as a Load sensor AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
E Ethylene Oxide Sterilization Validation-Reference Load Other Medical Device Related Standards 8
H Max and Min Load Determination for Steam Sterilization of Liquds EU Medical Device Regulations 1
E IEC 60601-1 Tensile Load Safety Factor IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
D Calibration Standard of Load Indicating Device General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
D What is your experience with FDA using "mixed load" i EO sterilization Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
N Load Thermocouple requirement for TUS (Temperature Uniformity Survey) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
H NADCAP Audit Nonconformances - Vacuum Furnace Load Sensors AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
A Work Load Evaluation for Project Management Personnel VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 4
K Autoclave Log - Do we have to monitor the usage for every load? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M MCOSMOS - Monitor your CMM load time Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 3
B Fluorescent Lamp Load Test for Switch in IEC 60669-1 Standard General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
R Tip Load Testing Information Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
S Load Label Missing from Ladders Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 7
D Calibration of Load Cells - ISO 17025 & MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
D Mixed Level Pull Simulation - Stock Evolution and Machine Load Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
T Weight Load Testing Methods for Surgical Operating Tables ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
somashekar Water and Air Pollution Load Calculations help needed Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 6
S Load Testing Benchmarking Benchmarking 3
P Load/unload parts between same operator's repetitions - General approach Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
M Calibration of Load Cells in devices by a comparison method General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
M Fatigue and Load Test on Orthopaedic Joints - Stems Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
D Tool Rack Inspection - Load test for the tool racks Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 11
O Queueing Theory - Required Time to Load a Container Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 10
W How can I deterime the load of the DCM? Die cast machine loading Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
F QS-9000 to TS 16949 - How much of a work load is the transition? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
T EXCEL - How do I make the cell stay blank until a date is entered in N7? Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 6
R Robotic weld cell - maintenance issues - expertise needed Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
M Informational EU – Minutes of the 24 July 2019 SCHEER Working Group on safety of breast implants in relation to anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) meeting Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M FDA News USFDA – Breast Implant Associated- Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) – Letter to Health Care Providers Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
F IEC 62133 cell vs. Battery Pack - Certification on the cell only IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
B IATF 16949 manufacturing cell in ISO 9001 factory? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
Ron Rompen GR&R on Automated Inspection Cell Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 15