Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.
  • Google has changed ad sizes for some reason. I am investigating and will get the sizes reduced to what they have been until now. I apologise for the inconvenience.

Localized clean room dust extraction system coupled in HVAC - Manufacturing solid dosage form

Olgamargarita

Involved In Discussions
Dear all:
Could you please give me information about localized dust extraction system in clean rooms: compression room, mixing room, granulation, sampling and dispensing.

Thank you very much for the information.

Olga Coaguila

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
Dust extraction systems in granulation and compression areas should be provided with proper hoods. Also have procedures in place for maintenance and installation of filters etc.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted
Consider also that your dust extraction is a negative pressure action (removing air).
Consider how much air is being input to the room or area to maintain the area or room in positive pressure.

Clean rooms generally operate not by removing dust, but by adding dust-free air.

While locally you may have to extract dust-laden air, overall you have to make sure to add more than you are removing...otherwise you'll be fighting dust ingress from every nook and cranny. HTH

Hi, I am working with something similar but can you please suggest what pressure based parameter I should be taking care of to extract the dust from the compression rooms?

I have connected wireless environment detection monitoring sensors in the compression rooms.

Olgamargarita

Involved In Discussions
Thanks for you information, please could you give what kind of localized dust extraction system can I use? it is enought to use dust extraction device conected to the exit of compressor machine and compressor machive have protective doors? and then use vaccum extraction for cleanless?

Thanks

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted
FWIW, all of the local area (hood or drop trunk) extraction systems I have used have removed the 'air of concern' from the room entirely. In such case, any filtering is done without relation to the cleanroom setting.

I'm sure there are other ways to handle this, but all of my experience says to remove the affected air from the cleanroom, then perform any remediation outside the room...as opposed to trying to treat the air and reintroduce it into the clean space.
All of my hoods vented directly outside of the room, and any make-up air required was not provided locally, but generally to the room as a whole.

HTH

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
Thanks for you information, please could you give what kind of localized dust extraction system can I use? it is enought to use dust extraction device conected to the exit of compressor machine and compressor machive have protective doors? and then use vaccum extraction for cleanless?

Thanks
Any specific reason that you are not considering a centralized one?

Olgamargarita

Involved In Discussions
FWIW, all of the local area (hood or drop trunk) extraction systems I have used have removed the 'air of concern' from the room entirely. In such case, any filtering is done without relation to the cleanroom setting.

I'm sure there are other ways to handle this, but all of my experience says to remove the affected air from the cleanroom, then perform any remediation outside the room...as opposed to trying to treat the air and reintroduce it into the clean space.
All of my hoods vented directly outside of the room, and any make-up air required was not provided locally, but generally to the room as a whole.

HTH
Dear, could you give me more information about hood or drop trunk, please? give some pics, or diagrams in order to understand more clearly

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
please give more information about "centralized zone" I dont know what your refer, IT is related to dust collector coupled to extractor air system?
In the centralized dust extraction, all exhaust systems from the facility, including dust extraction systems, vacuum system exhaust, fluid bed drier exhaust, coating pan exhaust, etc., will pass through desired filter housings and wet scrubber before being exhausted to the atmosphere.

Top Bottom