Localized clean room dust extraction system coupled in HVAC - Manufacturing solid dosage form

Olgamargarita

Involved In Discussions
Dear all:
Could you please give me information about localized dust extraction system in clean rooms: compression room, mixing room, granulation, sampling and dispensing.

Thank you very much for the information.

Olga Coaguila

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
Dust extraction systems in granulation and compression areas should be provided with proper hoods. Also have procedures in place for maintenance and installation of filters etc.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Consider also that your dust extraction is a negative pressure action (removing air).
Consider how much air is being input to the room or area to maintain the area or room in positive pressure.

Clean rooms generally operate not by removing dust, but by adding dust-free air.

While locally you may have to extract dust-laden air, overall you have to make sure to add more than you are removing...otherwise you'll be fighting dust ingress from every nook and cranny. HTH

Hi, I am working with something similar but can you please suggest what pressure based parameter I should be taking care of to extract the dust from the compression rooms?

I have connected wireless environment detection monitoring sensors in the compression rooms.

Olgamargarita

Involved In Discussions
Thanks for you information, please could you give what kind of localized dust extraction system can I use? it is enought to use dust extraction device conected to the exit of compressor machine and compressor machive have protective doors? and then use vaccum extraction for cleanless?

Thanks

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
FWIW, all of the local area (hood or drop trunk) extraction systems I have used have removed the 'air of concern' from the room entirely. In such case, any filtering is done without relation to the cleanroom setting.

I'm sure there are other ways to handle this, but all of my experience says to remove the affected air from the cleanroom, then perform any remediation outside the room...as opposed to trying to treat the air and reintroduce it into the clean space.
All of my hoods vented directly outside of the room, and any make-up air required was not provided locally, but generally to the room as a whole.

HTH

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
Thanks for you information, please could you give what kind of localized dust extraction system can I use? it is enought to use dust extraction device conected to the exit of compressor machine and compressor machive have protective doors? and then use vaccum extraction for cleanless?

Thanks
Any specific reason that you are not considering a centralized one?

Olgamargarita

Involved In Discussions
FWIW, all of the local area (hood or drop trunk) extraction systems I have used have removed the 'air of concern' from the room entirely. In such case, any filtering is done without relation to the cleanroom setting.

I'm sure there are other ways to handle this, but all of my experience says to remove the affected air from the cleanroom, then perform any remediation outside the room...as opposed to trying to treat the air and reintroduce it into the clean space.
All of my hoods vented directly outside of the room, and any make-up air required was not provided locally, but generally to the room as a whole.

HTH
Dear, could you give me more information about hood or drop trunk, please? give some pics, or diagrams in order to understand more clearly

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
please give more information about "centralized zone" I dont know what your refer, IT is related to dust collector coupled to extractor air system?
In the centralized dust extraction, all exhaust systems from the facility, including dust extraction systems, vacuum system exhaust, fluid bed drier exhaust, coating pan exhaust, etc., will pass through desired filter housings and wet scrubber before being exhausted to the atmosphere.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc Blizzard 2005 - Anyone getting hammered in this localized Colorado snow storm? Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 1
V Manufacturing requirements for respiratory ventilators - clean room required? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 6
M Classification of Clean Rooms Other Medical Device Related Standards 9
M Are Fungal counts acceptable in class 1000 clean rooms? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
Q Clean Line Validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
C Clean room injection molding, raw material mixing requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
C Raw material Mixing / Preparation for clean room class C injection molding Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
A Construction of an ISO 8 Clean Room - ISO 14644-1 Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
P ISO 5 Pharmaceutical clean room design Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 2
P ISO 7 Clean rooms - Are sinks, faucets, floor drains etc. allowed? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
O Clean room performance qualification (pq) - How many times can I do each test? Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
I Clean room recovery program Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
M ISO 7 Clean Room Requirements? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
M Scarf in Clean Room instead of Hair cover? Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
M What are ISO 7 Clean Room Requirements Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
S Should the primary drug containers be molded in ISO Class 7 clean room? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 6
S ISO 7 and 8 Clean Room Cleaning Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
S New clean room change submission - FDA Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
A Sterile Garbage Bag for Clean Room Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
D What should an ISO 14644 Clean Room PQ (Performance Qualification) look like? Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
N ISO 14644-1 Clean Room Occupancy State Validation Requirements Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
R What testing would you run to determine if a device is "Clean"? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
SteveK 'Clean' Draft Medical Device Regulations Published EU Medical Device Regulations 0
S What is the minimum pressure differential required for ISO Class 8 Clean Room? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
V Not using gloves in Clean Room Class 8 (ISO 14644) Manufacturing and Related Processes 21
C Cotton Swab Method Validation for clean uniforms, bins and poly bags Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
M Bioburden testing for Class 10000 (Grade C) clean room ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
L How do I set a limits to cfu in an ISO class 7 Clean Room? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
B Clean Data - Process Duration Using Minitab Software 1
L Clean Room Monitoring Plan Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 6
L AS9100 7.5.2 Special Processes - Clean Room Apply? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
A Clean Test according to ISO 16232 - Some points Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
G Clean Room Classification for Contact Lens Packaging ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
C How to Clean Gage Blocks and Gage Pins prior to Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
A Clean Room as a Controlled Environment - Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
D Do I need to test "as built" for an expanded ISO Class 8 Clean Room ? Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
S What are air changes are required for ISO Class 8 Clean Room? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
A Clean Room Qualification Regulatory Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
L FDA Inspection of Clean Room Processes 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
somashekar Determination of Clean Room Class for Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
E Do I need to audit the supplier supplying mop heads for our Clean Room ? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
M What should be in an SOP for a Machine Operation - LAF Bench in our Clean Room ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
P Clean Room Calibration (Validation) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
C Recommended Sealing for Granite Top in a Clean Room US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
L ISO 14644 Class 7 Clean Room Requirements Training Presentation Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
drgnrider Suggestions for conducting a Spill Clean-up Exercise Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 8
T Very effective movie about clean-up - Tool for 5S Training Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
P How to clean paint area tile faster and improve OEE Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
N Government Help to Clean Up Credit to Buy A House? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 24
K SPC to apply for Particle in Clean Room Class 100 Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7