Logistics and IT clauses in ISO 9001:2015

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Agree with John.

Do you have a more specific question you are thinking of? Having a specific issue figuring out a specific problem?
We'd love to help, but your question is extremely broad...

Big Jim

Admin
All of them.

Although true, that's not a very helpful answer. Certainly there are clauses where those topics are of higher relevance. IT would be more prominent in 7.5.2 for example. Logistics would be more prominent in delivery and purchasing. Delivery requirements are part of 8.2, planning for how to accomplish that would likely be part of 8.1 (production planning), and shipping is often handled as part of 8.5 (production under controlled conditions). That's just a start, but "everything" is just overkill.

Fatma El-Abyad

Registered
Tell us more about what you are trying to do and something about your organization and we can probably provide more helpful answers.
well ..i just joined a company and while i am reviewing their written system procedures i found that both logistics and IT has nothing documented. so i want to guide the responsible to write their own procedures and on top of writing what they are actually doing i wanted to provide them with a reference they can use for the min requirement they have to fulfill instead of pointing to the whole standard. thanks a lot

Fatma El-Abyad

Registered
Although true, that's not a very helpful answer. Certainly there are clauses where those topics are of higher relevance. IT would be more prominent in 7.5.2 for example. Logistics would be more prominent in delivery and purchasing. Delivery requirements are part of 8.2, planning for how to accomplish that would likely be part of 8.1 (production planning), and shipping is often handled as part of 8.5 (production under controlled conditions). That's just a start, but "everything" is just overkill.

thank you a lot for your kind consideration

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
In a manufacturing facility, IT can be handled at a high level under infrastructure. Walls, doors, machines, computer network, pens and paper...all are pretty much the same role in manufacturing IMO. You certainly do NOT need an "IT Procedure"...what a pain that would be.

Does your company control logistics, or outsource? When I used primarily UPS, FedEx and LTL...our scope ended with the handoff. If it was shipped on our dime, UPS became a supplier. If it shipped on the customer's account...we ended when the parcel or pallet was put on the truck.
If your company delivers in your own vehicles with your own personnel...it would need some sort of coverage in your systems.

HTH

Top Bottom