Long time for NB to review to change the classification of one of our products!

SteveK

Trusted Information Resource
I sent a request to our NB to change the classification of one of our products from IIa to Im with the appropriate justification and information – for what is classed as a significant change under NB-MED/2.5.2/Rec5 (and now NBOG BPG 2014-3). I just received today an invoice for their review time (one hour in November 2014 and two hours this March). However I submitted the request 14 months ago! Can anyone beat this?

Steve

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
Our NB auditor during the April 2015 MDD surveillance, checked upon our technical file updations, and more particularly the Label changes if any. We were informed that any changes / updations made in the technical file would go through a review man hours cost that will depend upon the extent of changes / updations made. Luckily there were none and we did not bother to ask the rate for review man hours. I am still awaiting the final report, 40 days through...

SteveK

Trusted Information Resource
I've had no notification that the change has actually been approved - just assuming so due to the invoice. By the way we had our annual surveillance audit in November 2014 - still have not received the report (we have had the audit invoice though). Cannot remember if I mentioned this in another post, but the last TFs we were requested to submit; according to a NB issued schedule and post audit report request, was in 2013. According to this schedule two more TFs were due review in 2014. However, when I asked the NB when should I send these (since they need to have a reviewer booked in place) I was told I did not need to submit another TF until 2016! I thought it was a mandatory (MHRA?) requirement to submit annually. Anyway not complaining - cuts down on NB costs!

Steve

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Management Review Meetings too Long - How to Shorten and Improve Effectiveness Management Review Meetings and related Processes 7
Watchcat How long is this going to take? (UK & ventilators) Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
P Images of Product for Automated Process - How long to keep? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
D How long should we keep the spare parts available for our medical device, after we have stopped the production? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
R How long to wait for Notified Body Response - Potentially significant change to a medical device CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
1 How to measure straightness on a HEX Long Bar Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
A PFMEA - How long should the recommended actions remain in the recommended actions column? APQP and PPAP 3
M FDA News Statement from USFDA on steps to strengthen the long-term safety oversight of the Essure device Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
A Class I medical device and Category III PPE - Long length gloves EU Medical Device Regulations 5
T How long will ISO 9001:2015 Recertification Take? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Q Tracking savings - Long term projects and the day to day decisions Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 5
C How long is an OEM obligated to provide spare parts and repair EU Medical Device Regulations 2
S. Moore Record Retention - How long must a company keep the following records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 17
L Please help my division with quality [long] Service Industry Specific Topics 1
J How long should I have to correct an audit finding? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 7
A How to systemically improve product quality in short-term and long-term basis? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 1
B Short term vs Long term Capability - We ship millions of parts in a year Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
K Internal Audit CAR - How Long for Responses to be Received? Internal Auditing 8
A Short Term vs. Long Term SPC Study - Where is Cp and Cpk Defined Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
B Control of Duplicate Documents - Limited Scope (long) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
Proud Liberal How long does your company take to close an 8D on average? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 12
D Long length measurement of 18" up to 100" with an accuracy of .005 min General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
M Is calibration from long ago still valid on never used pipettes? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
Sean Kelley How long should it take to get new TS 16949 certificate? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M How long should AS9100 Certificate issuance take? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
Marc A silk casing enables long-lasting, implantable Wi-Fi medical devices Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
L Medical Device New Product Design & Development- How long does this process take you? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
G SDS (Safety Data Sheets) Records - When and how long? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 8
B Long Term Process Capability from miltiple Machines and Fixtures Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 3
O Takt Time Calculation for Long Runner Product Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
W AS9100C registration - How long does the system have to run before initial audit? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
M Corrective action on Non-conformances from a long time ago ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
A Pre-clinical Animal Studies for long term implantable medical devices EU Medical Device Regulations 5
R Long Range OC Curves - Acceptance Sampling Switching Rules Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
kedarg6500 Sample Size for Short Term & Long Term Process Capability Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
V How long can a development stage incident be open? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 4
D How long must we provide service parts to Ford? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
S What documents/records should we be retaining and for how long? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
AnaMariaVR2 Dirty Medicine - Long-term criminal fraud at Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 5
R Does long-term body worn medical monitoring device need to meet IEC 60601-1-11? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
Wes Bucey Discrimination against long term unemployed Career and Occupation Discussions 2
C How long does AS9100 QMS need to be in place before the Audit? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
5 5S Coordinator (Long-winded) Job Title Career and Occupation Discussions 8
L How long can the sample for Bio-Burden Test be kept? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
D ECG Electrodes - Duration of Use (How long they are expected to stay on the patient) Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
C Help a beginner in the CE Marking world! (Semi long post) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
B Soldering Training (specific to Rework and Repair of PCBs) - Long Island Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
C How Long it takes to Condition Pressure Gauge and Test Gauge General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
W How long is a Medical Device product registration in Iran valid for? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
A How long does it take US FDA to issue a Warning Letter Close Out Letter Other US Medical Device Regulations 2