Looking for career advice

FRA 2 FDA

Involved In Discussions
Obviously the pharmaceutical situation in Brazil is different than in the States so I can't offer too much but a while back my significant other who is a retail pharmacist was thinking of getting out of the game so I was thinking of other options for him. The most alluring to me was working for a pharma company. Some of their positions are remote so you may not have to relocate. Other options here in the US- if you wanted to be a pharmacist but not retail is clinical (work at a hospital and dispense RXs to the nurses or whoever gets them). Or suck it up, jump into retail in a big company and work your way up to high level (district) management, away from customers and back into administrative things.

EmiliaBedelia

Quite Involved in Discussions
This would kind of fall into option #2 from my first post, however, the vast majority of companies that hire these services are either: A - big multinational companies with no regulatory offices in Brazil or B - small/medium sized Brazilian importers who cannot afford a regulatory affairs department.

From my experience, A would never go for the small guy instead of the big household names and B is 90% of the times reached through personal connections.

What about working at the Brazil office of a big multinational company? Is that part of your list of options? I previously worked at a giant multinational with a big affiliate office in Brazil - I am sure many companies have a similar setup. We worked very closely with the Brazilian RA team because they had to support any onsite Anvisa/Inmetro audits.

kys123

Involved In Discussions
What about working at the Brazil office of a big multinational company? Is that part of your list of options? I previously worked at a giant multinational with a big affiliate office in Brazil - I am sure many companies have a similar setup. We worked very closely with the Brazilian RA team because they had to support any onsite Anvisa/Inmetro audits.

Hello Emilia, thanks for answering.

I'll try handing out a few CVs, are there any companies that you recommend that I keep an eye out for open positions?

EmiliaBedelia

Quite Involved in Discussions
Honestly I'd start with the biggest corporations who distribute in Brazil - I don't know which companies are active there, but maybe you do, or you'd at least be able to find those companies more easily. Pharmaceutical and medical device companies both would likely have an affiliate office so you'd have a lot of options.

Top Bottom