Looking for Names of Registrars in SE WI

• Thread starter qualitygoddess - 2010
  • Start date
Q

qualitygoddess - 2010

I am working with a small organization to assist them with ISO 9001 implementation. I am looking for the names of registration firms that can provide a local auditor -- in other words, someone to drive to the area. The company is located about 25 miles north of Milwaukee, WI.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-QG

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
qualitygoddess said:
I am working with a small organization to assist them with ISO 9001 implementation. I am looking for the names of registration firms that can provide a local auditor -- in other words, someone to drive to the area. The company is located about 25 miles north of Milwaukee, WI.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-QG

QualityGoddess,

Most of your Registrars have contracted auditors within driving distance. You may want to check out this website: http://www.anab.org to find an accredited registrar.

Coury Ferguson
Program/Contracts Manager

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

Sorry I can't give you a name of a "local". We have used Intertek (formerly Entela) out of Grand Rapids, MI. Not sure if they would drive to Milwaukee. I'm pretty sure they fly into Madison.

M

Madfox

SE WI ISO audit

I'd recommend:
a) calling the mid-sized registrars who are based in the midwest (MI and OH specifically)
b) request CV's and length of tenure for their local auditor(s)
c) ask if you can "interview" the auditor (in person or by phone)

Madfox

T

tomvehoski

With advance airfare purchase into Milwaukee around $150 from various points in the midwest, I would not worry too much about a local auditor. I would focus more on finding someone with the right background, good references, etc. Not sure of the auditor pool in that area, but I would guess it would be much more limited than that in MI, OH, and IL. If you can find someone local great, but don't take a questionable local auditor over $300 in travel costs.

M

Madfox

Se Wi

Airfare $150,... rental car $X, hotel $Y, meals/per diem $Z, mileage to/from airport, travel "time" (?), cel phone, etc. I'd guestimate at least $600 for a RA, and toss in at least two more SA's @ $400 apiece.
I live (and audit) here. There's too much talent (and competition) within 100 miles to pay some non-flatlander to come in and see our corn and cows! (This is now true for TS, not so for AS!)

Q

qualitygoddess - 2010

And also a Star Wars fan...........can you do audits for machining businesses?

Madfox said:
Airfare $150,... rental car $X, hotel $Y, meals/per diem $Z, mileage to/from airport, travel "time" (?), cel phone, etc. I'd guestimate at least $600 for a RA, and toss in at least two more SA's @ $400 apiece.
I live (and audit) here. There's too much talent (and competition) within 100 miles to pay some non-flatlander to come in and see our corn and cows! (This is now true for TS, not so for AS!)

M

Madfox

Se Wi

As Mr. Vianna so aptly noted in another forum, the new auditing guideline will require a Stage I for QMS audits. So, tack on another travel charge!

I hope the "powers that be" grant an exemption for mom&pops regarding this requirement. I've been affiliated with a registrar whose program includes a Stage I, and it's neat. (Ya wonder how we ever operated without it.) That said, the program is inefficient for programs requiring 3 or less days for registration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom