Looking for Quality Content to Build Medical Device Curriculum - Concept to Commercialization

spazeinvader

Principal Consultant
Hello, I am looking for content for a curriculum designed to help equip medical device startups with foundational knowledge related to taking a concept from ideation to commercialization.

Does anyone have any go-to sources they trust for building medical device related curriculum content? Instead of re-inventing the wheel, I'm looking to leverage the wealth of information that is already available, but would appreciate if people could recommend some pre-vetted, high quality sources. I'm open to looking at articles, white papers, online learning websites (such as coursera, linkedin learning and the likes), youtube videos, webinars, etc. I'm also willing to connect with guest lecturers or folks and organizations that regularly speak on these topics (preferably webinars due to COVID):

Here are some of the modules I'm looking for content on:

- Unmet Clinical Need and Market (customer discovery, stakeholder analysis, market assessment, competitive assessment, value proposition)
- Intellectual Property / Patents (IP evaluation and strategy, licensing, royalties, and negotiation)
- Quality Systems Regulations (Quality management systems - both US and international, FDA approval for specific use, Design Control Regs, Device Classification & Reg Pathways, Reg Submissions, Human Factors & Usability, Nuances of Drug, therapeutics, biologics and combo devices, electronic records practices, risk management, staying ahead of reg changes)
- Clinical Trials and Good Clinical Practice Regulations (Designing and planning a clinical trial -Phases 0-IV, review process and review boards, financial controls, GCPs, post market support studies)
- HIPAA & HITECH Compliance (the need for compliance, penalties, physical & technical safeguards and policies, case studies, best practices)
- Product Development / Design Controls (design control process, killer experiment, testing - Verification & Validation, V&V design, process validation, software validation, risk management procedures, pros/cons of outsourcing R&D, external and joint R&D, CROs, CDMOs, CMOs)
- Manufacturing Strategy (overview of manufacturing processes & materials, DFX methodology, overview of prototyping processes & technologies, design requirements and material specifications, current good manufacturing practices, Pros/cons of outsourcing, component & system level reliability, design transfer best practices)
- Pricing & Reimbursement Strategy (money flow, reimbursement codes, competitor costs, main purchasers, factors influencing decision making, cost caps)
- Hospital Procurement & Sales Strategy (value analysis teams & committees, the hospital procurement process)

I would appreciate people's advice and feedback.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

yodon

Staff member
Super Moderator
Not completely sure if this is what you're after, but Emergo, BSI, TUV, etc. all maintain libraries of some of the material you mention. FDA has CDHR Learn where they maintain materials.

yodon

Staff member
Super Moderator
Generally speaking, I know a few content providers that may have material: Intertek, Oriel Stat-a-Matrix, Compliance Online, LearnAboutGMP, Plianced, 247 Compliance. Not endorsing, just these are ones I know about that provide training. I think they're all webinar-based, though; I doubt you could review actual content (only titles).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S What are you looking for in an automated quality management system? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 8
N Explanation - Quality means doing it right when no one is looking ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
E I'm looking for old publications of European Quality in pdf Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
D Just starting out looking to get into a quality engineer position Career and Occupation Discussions 2
Y New Quality Manager looking for Tips and Quality Methodologies Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 8
C Looking for new Quality Objectives (ISO 9001) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
B Quality Alert - Looking for a sample form Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
P Looking for documentation on "Quality Council" Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
S Looking for international quality leaders for doctoral research project Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
S COQ (Cost of Quality) Looking for forms, templates Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
D Looking for an example quality checklist for a footwear manufacturing site Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
Tim Folkerts Quality of the Economy - Looking at the markets and making predictions Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
Tom W Looking for Input on our Quality manual from TS 16949 Guru's IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
P Looking for Quality Plan Examples - Medical Devices - ISO 13485 Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
L Admin Asst looking for training/experience in Quality area of mfg Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 11
L EMC Engineer in a Test Laboratory Transitioning into Quality - Looking for Guidance Career and Occupation Discussions 4
Q Looking for a certain article in previous issues of Quality Digest World News 6
R Looking for Examples of Quality Policy ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
G Looking for Quality Auditors/Consultants in Canberra/Sydney/Melbourne Australia Career and Occupation Discussions 5
M Looking for a Mentor - Moved from an IT position to Quality Manager position Career and Occupation Discussions 5
K Looking for some Quality Catch Phrases - First Piece and Last Piece Displays Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 34
Tim Folkerts Warped Quality Definitions - Looking for your anecdotes The Reading Room 12
H Looking for Career Advice - My title is Quality Analyst - Where from here? Career and Occupation Discussions 1
A Looking for a little insight - New to the Quality Profession - Older Company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 19
Q I'm looking for some visual quality diagrams ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
D Looking for basic Quality training presentations such as "What is Quality?" Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
A Looking for a generic Quality Plan that can be adapted to different industries Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
J Looking for Quality/Mfg. books that read like novels Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 16
W Looking for Sorge quality system software by Software Realities Software Quality Assurance 3
R Looking for the Quality System Requirements for ISO / TS 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
B Statistical and Quality Methods training - I'm looking for good training seminars Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
Q Looking for Best ISO 13485/FDA QSR Quality System Development Software Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
V Looking for Quality Games - Manufacturing environment Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
J Looking for a Quality Manual and all of it's supporting Procedures, Flowcharts Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 7
R Looking at 21 CFR 820.20 which calls out in section (d) for Quality Planning ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
A 5.4.2 Quality Planning - What are they looking for here? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M We are looking for a Contract Manufacturer US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
mihzago Looking for an Australian/ NZ Sponsor Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S New Foreign Exporter Looking 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
N Looking to Impress - New Job - Advice, Thoughts, Comments Welcome Career and Occupation Discussions 23
Y We are Looking for EASA LOA TYPE 1 experienced software developer Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
J Looking for a training organization that can provide in house DFMEA training FMEA and Control Plans 4
A Looking for a third party to calibrate our measure equipment - South Carolina General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
N Looking for Gamma sterilization facility in China ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
A 5 x 5 Risk Matrix - Looking for a good example Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
M Looking for a Presentation on Design for Excellence (DfX) Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
V ISO 50001 - looking for a generic checklist Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
J Looking for a EU MDR Gap Analysis template EU Medical Device Regulations 5
J Looking for a template SOP for UDI implementation for EU Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 0
A New to QC, looking for resources Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 3