Looking for Windows Media Player Help

DanteCaspian

Quite Involved in Discussions
Wonder if anyone can help me with something.
I am wanting to rename my .mp3 files and folders from (or based on the) tags in windows media player (v. 11). Is this possible?
Right now about 30% of my music is filed different from the other 70% on my drive. While Media Player "sees" all information as organized by tags, the actual folders and file names do not change when tags are updated in Media Player, nor does the file structure.
When I had J. River Media Player awhile back , there was this option, clear and easy to update-- made directory organization/standardization a breeze. I can't seem to find info on the net, nor in Windows Media Player.

Thanks,

Robert

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I can't tell you about a specific Windows program, but there are programs that will rename media files based upon their meta data fields. I use MediaRage on my Mac, but I'm sure there are quite a few Windows programs that do the same things. Probably a bunch of free ones.

I use iTunes as my player/organizer. It's not my idea of a 'great' mp3 player/organizer, but it does serve the purpose. I have not found a way to change file names from within iTunes.

There is another player, but I don't think it's much better, called Wikipedia reference-linkSongbird_(software) that you may want to play with.

S

Sorin

Multi ID Tag Editor - freeware

Multi ID3 Tag Editor is an ID3 Tag editor, file renamer and mover for several files with just a simple mouse click.

Here are some key features of "Multi ID Tag Editor":

Manual ID3 Tag v1&v2 editor ("ID3 Tags" tab):
· load/save ID3 Tag v1 & v2
· rename/Move the file
· automatic completion for Artist and Title
· automatic completion for Artist and Title only is -they are missing
· remove ID3 Tag

Automatic editor for several files ("Multi Tagger" tab):
· remove ID3 Tag automatic: (only) v1, (only) v2 and v1&v2
· automatic completion for Title and Artist fields from ID3Tag, using the files names
· string format for ID3 Tag fields: lowercase, uppercase, first letter uppercase, first letter of each word uppercase
· 2 separators support
· ReadOnly attribute remover
· variables support

Automatic rename of files names using the ID3 Tag fields ("Multi Rename Tool" tab):
· ID3 Tag priority
· move the renamed files into a single folder
· protection for existing files

Automatic move of files into separate folders, created using the ID3 Tag fields ("Multi Move Tool" tab):
· create folders using the Artist, Genre, Artist-Album or Album and move the files
· create the folders only
· ID3 Tag priority

MP3 player ("Mp3 Player and MPEG Info" tab):
· a very friendly user interface and lovely buttons previous, pause, play, stop, next function
· song seeking bar
· volume bar
· shuffle and repeat
· track title and time display

Advanced information about the type and encoder of the files

Large playlist:
· add file(s)/folder
· remove all/selection
· select all/none/invert
· sort
· load/append/save list

Errors list ("Errors" tab)

· Mixer and volume control selection
· Thread and process priority selection with Pause/Resume support for every automatic function

download link: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Tag-Editors/Multi-ID-Tag-Editor.shtml

Hope it helps....

DanteCaspian

Quite Involved in Discussions
Multi ID3 Tag Editor sounds like the one for me.
Thanks!

Amazing that Media Player does not have organizational tools like this built in.

Top Bottom