SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Looking into Nadcap for the first time

blackholequasar

Involved In Discussions
Greetings, all!

I am completely unfamiliar with Nadcap, however we are a supplier for government rated projects and I do believe they will be requiring this in the coming months. I'd like to be prepared for this by looking into the requirements of Nadcap, but I find myself more confused the more I look on Google! We are a turnkey PCB manufacturing facility that does both flex and rigid boards in addition to cables and harnesses. Right now, I believe we will be looking into the Cables & Harnesses requirements primarily. We are ISO 9001 certified, though I did read that doesn't mean diddly to Nadcap haha

What is a good starting point? I would like to order the AC7121 for harnesses, but I'm not sure what revision is current or a good place to order it? (I've seen my manager order an ISO document from a funky website and got a guideline instead of the actual standard) I appreciate any insight you can offer! I'm from a medical device world, so this is all new territory to me; but I'm up for the challenge :)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource
AC7004 is the one for QMS requirements, from what I remember.

Nadcap, and PRI is the biggest SCAM in aerospace. Like stated previously, a monopoly. I worked on a checklist, and led an organization to be the first company to get certified. What a waste of time. To make one product, that NO ONE ever orders, because they prefer the old MS number.

Nadcap put a checklist together (I'm guilty too, I was on the committee). One of the things they insisted upon was a salt water immersion test for passivation. The ASTM stated that this test would produce false positives on martinsitic steel. I provided this to the committee, and offered salt spray test as an alternative. The committee voted(?) or PRI insisted upon the salt water immersion test.

During the initial audit, we had to explain we only had a router for how we would make the stupid part. He wanted to see it happen. We were only able to demonstrate making the MS part, where we asked for the salt water spray test for passivation (per AMS-2700, which is allowed). And we were issued a non-conformance. So ignorant.

blackholequasar

Involved In Discussions
AC7004 is the one for QMS requirements, from what I remember.

Nadcap, and PRI is the biggest SCAM in aerospace. Like stated previously, a monopoly. I worked on a checklist, and led an organization to be the first company to get certified. What a waste of time. To make one product, that NO ONE ever orders, because they prefer the old MS number.

Nadcap put a checklist together (I'm guilty too, I was on the committee). One of the things they insisted upon was a salt water immersion test for passivation. The ASTM stated that this test would produce false positives on martinsitic steel. I provided this to the committee, and offered salt spray test as an alternative. The committee voted(?) or PRI insisted upon the salt water immersion test.

During the initial audit, we had to explain we only had a router for how we would make the stupid part. He wanted to see it happen. We were only able to demonstrate making the MS part, where we asked for the salt water spray test for passivation (per AMS-2700, which is allowed). And we were issued a non-conformance. So ignorant.
That sounds so frustrating... The issue with Nadcap, it seems, is that people are all but forced into it. And if you want to somehow prepare ahead of time to see if you have any gaps in your process, you have to pay someone. Our customer hasn't enforced a Nadcap requirement but has heavily hinted that going into the new year we may require it. I really hope that we can establish our long-term quality with them as proof we don't need it, but sometimes that doesn't matter. Ugh, what a party.

mattador78

Quite Involved in Discussions
We were supposed to have been looking into it this year but then COVID turned up so we put it on the back burner as a cost we didn't want. I had been warned it quite finicky and anal. Reading Kronos's post makes me glad we've held of for now i don't think i could have coped with that sort of scrutiny plus my normal job plus being on the shop floor running processes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Nadcap AMS 2750 Data Storage - I'm looking for pre-packaged software AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
M Looking for a copy of ISO 10651 Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 6
Azaarus Looking for important points regarding First Piece Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
L Looking for Control Plan and FMEA Stamping process FMEA and Control Plans 2
Q Looking for a 5S tracking database Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 4
N Looking for a recommendation for an EU MDR Importer EU Medical Device Regulations 1
K Technical file for MHRA - looking for assistance with self declaration Class I device CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8
J Looking for partners Paid Consulting, Training and Services 2
bryan willemot Looking for an Approved vendors list template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
C RA (Regulatory Assurance) Training (FDA) looking for resources Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
M Data Protection and Privacy Policy - looking for a template/example EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M 'Active' device? Software/laptop with attached camera 'looking' at passive metal probe EU Medical Device Regulations 3
K Looking for guidance to write an SOP on Statistical Methodologies? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
A 21 CFR 820 - Risk Management - Looking for some guidance US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
S We are looking for EU authorised Representative for both Class I and Class IIb devices EU Medical Device Regulations 7
K Looking for a job as Quality Engineer Career and Occupation Discussions 3
B Looking for 10 Internal Audit Online Training Participants ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
M We are looking for a Contract Manufacturer US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
mihzago Looking for an Australian/ NZ Sponsor Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
S New Foreign Exporter Looking 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
N Looking to Impress - New Job - Advice, Thoughts, Comments Welcome Career and Occupation Discussions 23
J Looking for a training organization that can provide in house DFMEA training FMEA and Control Plans 4
A Looking for a third party to calibrate our measure equipment - South Carolina General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
S Looking for Quality Content to Build Medical Device Curriculum - Concept to Commercialization Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
N Looking for Gamma sterilization facility in China ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
A 5 x 5 Risk Matrix - Looking for a good example Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
M Looking for a Presentation on Design for Excellence (DfX) Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
J Looking for a EU MDR Gap Analysis template EU Medical Device Regulations 6
J Looking for a template SOP for UDI implementation for EU Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 1
A New to QC, looking for resources Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 3
bryan willemot Looking for a certified test report for aerospace parts AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
K I’m looking for a square probe for my linear height gauge Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
C Looking for China Good manufacturing practice China Medical Device Regulations 1
M Is Harmonised EN 1041 (Information Supplied By Manufacturer) Worth Looking At? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
DuncanGibbons Looking for example aerospace part CAD files to be used for a case study Career and Occupation Discussions 2
A We're currently looking for any studies performed on various PPE materials Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
C Looking for APQP Training recommendations preferably in the aerospace industry APQP and PPAP 2
M Looking for third party reviewers for FDA submissions US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
C Looking for simple Software Validation IQ templates. Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
H Looking for Tips on finding an IATF consultant Consultants and Consulting 6
W My company is looking to start a materials testing lab that conforms to ISO17025:2017 ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
pashah Looking for Usability File Template acc. IEC 62366-1 and IEC 60601-1-6 IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 4
pashah Looking for Clinical Evaluation SOP acc. MEDDEV and EU MDR Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
bryan willemot Looking for a good CoC to put with my certification sheets when we send parts Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
L I'm looking for Translation Procedure Guide MEDDEV 2.5/5 Rev.2 (NOT Rev.3) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
K Looking for a good Six Sigma book Six Sigma 7
G Looking to move to an electronic QMS software Software Quality Assurance 11
C Looking for source of silicone contamination in ISO Class 8 Cleanroom Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
F Looking for a Japan MAH recommendation that is not too expensive Japan Medical Device Regulations 6
P Looking for Risk Assessment Template - Not necessarily Asset based IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 1