Loss of certification because of outdated information in the Clinical Evaluation Report

Auxilium

Involved In Discussions
Greetings,
I have a question which I stumbled over recently. Someone told me that the worst outcome of partially outdated information regarding clinical data in the Clinical Evaluation Report can lead to the loss of certification in the worst case.

Since I'm new to the fields of Regulatory Affairs, I wanted to get to know the insights of experienced people. Does this seem like a realistic threat?
The Clinical Evaluation Report that I'm speaking of contained 80% correct information and was definitely not completely outdated.
It's just a hard time for me to understand whether the non-updating of a section in the CER can possibly lead to this when the correct information about our clinical data also lies outside of our Technical Documentation within the company.

So my argumentation would be that the non-updating of the section in the CER would've probably not lead directly to the loss of our CE certificate if we really needed to explain to our auditor what's correct and what's not.

Are regulators really that strict? Or is it just me who has difficulties in understand the "different perspective of risk within the Regulatory Affairs departments"?
I feel like having different perceptions of risk is definitely a factor that can lead to rather heated arguments that ultimately lead to big disagreements and can make look people like me, who are willing to take more regulatory risks, into the corner of the "reckless" and "incompetent". For me, my decision making is generally speaking "weighing out lean implementation of regulatory requirements against business needs and business risks (e.g. loss of certification)". And frankly, I don't see the loss of certification coming so easily when in fact, you have had a very good relationship with the Auditor and your Notified Body.

I am really interested in your opinions and curious to learn! And if you have general other advice for me, I'm happy to hear that as well :)
Thanks!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

planB

Super Moderator
My 2 cents: unless your recent post-market experience indicates that your not-yet revised CER takes wrong conclusions about the safety & performance profile of your device, I do not see how this issue could directly lead to a loss of your CE mark during a NB audit.

Why not share it publicly? This forum is meant to help people, not drum business.
We are new to the forum and we are not able to post links yet. Not drumming business but if someone requires help with CER writing then we are going to try and help them.

The link is to a YouTube channel of Brandwood CKC that is not affiliated in anyway to us. The content may be of use to anyone. Hope this helps.

Auxilium

Involved In Discussions
Thank you everyone for the answers.
This helps me categorize the statements about the loss of certification which was seen as a danger

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Cybersecurity and Risk Management: Loss of confidentiality IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
E Received a Major finding during IATF Surveillance audit for loss of BIQS Level 3 (more than 6 SPPS in 6 months)...how should we address SYSTEMIC CA? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
M Informational FDA discussion paper – Consideration of Benefit-Risk Approaches for Weight-Loss Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Loss of a Quality Record - FDA Inspection Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 4
H 8.4.2.4.1 Supplier Audit - Supplier with IATF certified loss IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
BradM Sympathy to Wes Bucey and his family, loss of his wife Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 20
Q Loss of Personnel - Root Cause Analysis ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
E Risk Analysis - Events which may cause to Data Loss ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 12
M Taguchi Loss Function Problem Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
RoxaneB Fighting Corporate Memory Loss Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
T Calibration Laboratory Temperature/Humidity goes out of tolerance due to Power Loss General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
V Monitoring Specific Reasons and Categories of Yield Loss of Online Rejects ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
E US FDA Blood Loss Policy - Dislodged Hemodialysis Needle Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
Randy Loss of gravitational attraction (Weight loss for you PhD's) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 29
C Assembly Line Organization 17% Startup Loss - SMED (LCD TVs) Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
Marc Taguchi Loss Function example Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
S Incidence of Loss of Competency - Departure of a Knowledgable Employee Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 10
G Implementing Taguchi Loss Function in COQ - A Curious Case Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
M "Pet Project" Improvements - At a loss Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 23
Chennaiite What is the loss? A guy buys a chocolate from a shop worth 80 YEN Brain Teasers and Puzzles 20
bobdoering Toyota forecasts $8.6B loss, says 1 million sales will vanish World News 2
chris1price Loss of CE Mark - MHRA decided that they are not Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 10
Jim Wynne GM Posts $15.5 Billion Second-Quarter Loss World News 0
K Cost Estimation of Sand Casting Process including the Pig Loss in estimation Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
H Rolled Throughput Yield (RTY) Loss - Can you measure in PPM? Six Sigma 3
Marc Ford posts its worst loss in history World News 8
Marc Ford Reports Loss of $5.8 Billion in 3rd Quarter World News 0
Marc Ford Has $1.19 Bln 1st-Qtr Loss on Job-Cutting Costs World News 15
Marc GM tried to mask its billion-dollar third-quarter loss with bright news World News 15
Marc The Loss of Manufacturing Jobs since 1999 - Will Unions make a Come Back in the US? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 24
Marc GM plunges into $1bn quarterly loss World News 28
M ASTM Method for Light Loss Testing - Enclosures for the CCTV industry Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
M Monetary Loss due to NonConformances - Who is liable? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 11
D Loss Prevention in ISO 9001:2000 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
M How far does one go to protect quality and other records from "loss" Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 1
Geoff Cotton Taguchi quality loss function - How do I establish the 'Consumer Loss' element? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 6
Marc Zero Defects & Taguchi Loss Function - ISO 9000 and the Zero Defects Philosophy Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 32
M Gravimetric blender for resin in automotive industry - periodical calibration via external lab with certification Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 0
S ISO 13485 certification training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
K Sales of MDD devices with expired CE that are pending MDR certification EU Medical Device Regulations 4
W Incoming Certification Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
B Multisite Certification Requirements for ISO 27001 IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 8
PowerJunkie Cancelling AS9100 Certification - How and Who to notify? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
H Regarding UL Certification CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
Q ISO 13485 certificate needed if I go for MDSAP certification? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S Eligibility for certification to IATF16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
M ASQ certification study material Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
A New to QMS and regulatory... advice on training/certification? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D Is IATF certification required when customer doesn't require it? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 19
Sidney Vianna IAQG News Down with OPMT - Long live CERTIFICATION OVERSIGHT AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1