Can YOU help? --> Unanswered questions <-- (Other than Marcelo's Informational posts)

Lot of Process Maps because of processes, sub-processes, activities?

Q

QAMTY

Hi all

I´m in the development of my process maps.

According to ISO, I have to show how processes relate to each other and its interaction.

At what level do I have to comply? because I have for example one process, under it, several sub-processes, and WI´s
and also a WI is a Process because it has inputs , activities into it and outputs.

Strictly what processes should be mapped?.

Thanks for your help.

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
The core processes....
The core processes that interacts in your QMS.
Please remember that you are not going about doing any process map as required for example an ERP software development.
Do not choke yourself with such thoughts and feel :confused:

B

biboy2012

Hi all

I´m in the develpments of my process maps.

According to ISO, I have to show how processes
relate to each other and its interaction.

At what level do I have to comply? because I have for example
one process, under it, several sub-processes, and WI´s
and also a WI is a Process because it has inputs , activities into it and outputs.

Thanks for your help.
I am not a user of ISO 9001, but I suggest the following:

1. Make one overall process map.
2. Make some more process flow diagrams focusing on process steps related to your operations. Basically you just need to beef up your over all process map a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

QAMTY

Thanks Somashekar

Ok but suppose That a core Process for me is Inspecting and shipping under this process there are several sub-processes.
e.g. labeling,
packing, receiving,etc.
you mean a general map for Inspecting and shipping?
but where am I going to map the sub-processes?

Thanks

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Thanks Somashekar

Ok but suppose That a core Process for me is Inspecting and shipping under this process there are several sub-processes.
e.g. labeling,
packing, receiving,etc.

Thanks
Check this two examples of processes that meet the requirements.

Remember - keep it simple so that anyone new to the area could easily understand the process (Inputs - Outputs)

Attachments

Thanks Somashekar

e.g. labeling,
packing, receiving,etc.

Thanks
Hi QAMTY,
I have understood your issue, but you do not have to worry about.
Mapping is not a requirement of ISO9001 but only to identify processes of your QMS and related interelations. Only you can establish the level of profundity,but I think you also have procedures and documentation for what you call sub processes and this could be enough, But , I repeat, only you have the response.

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
My dear friend,
you are going to map the sub-processes when they are performed correctly and efficiently, and when the outputs of these sub-processes logically go to the next stages and then to the next main process.
I can tell you that within these sub-processes there can be several sub-sub-processes, so your line of thought will take you through a maze and will not help you and is neither a QMS requirement.

Buckyb

Involved In Discussions
QAMTY,

If you have checked out the Attachments to these forums up by the Lighthouse at the top of this page (Post Attachments List) you will be overcome with more examples than you can imagine. For what is worth I have attached a QMS Process Map that received kudos from our 3rd Party Auditor. You are welcome to modify it to your needs. It is a Viso file and a pdf. The numbered processes under the Customer Product Realization Processes represent those that deal with Clause 7 of the AS9100C Standard for our organization. Good luck

Attachments

QAMTY,

If you have checked out the Attachments to these forums up by the Lighthouse at the top of this page (Post Attachments List) you will be overcome with more examples than you can imagine. For what is worth I have attached a QMS Process Map that received kudos from our 3rd Party Auditor. You are welcome to modify it to your needs. It is a Viso file and a pdf. The numbered processes under the Customer Product Realization Processes represent those that deal with Clause 7 of the AS9100C Standard for our organization. Good luck
Excellent job! very easy to understand.

Top Bottom