LTPD (Lot Tolerance Percent Defective) Sampling Plan with %Defect

R

RungS

Dear sir

I have some question about property of LTPD sampling plan.
Example LTPD 2% with sampling size 116 pcs.
If I have 1100 lots with various defect rate in each lot. (Zero to 5%)
With this samping plan , If I get 1000 lots for Accepted lots. In 1000 Lots will have 900 Lots that have defect <2% and 100 Lots that have defect 2-5%.

Is it correct?

Best Regards.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Re: LTPD with %Defect

Dear sir

I have some question about property of LTPD sampling plan.
Example LTPD 2% with sampling size 116 pcs.
If I have 1100 lots with various defect rate in each lot. (Zero to 5%)
With this samping plan , If I get 1000 lots for Accepted lots. In 1000 Lots will have 900 Lots that have defect <2% and 100 Lots that have defect 2-5%.

Is it correct?

Best Regards.
Hi RungS.
Welcome here.
Had you had a chance to see This PPT
Perhaps you may find some lead.

R

RungS

Somashekar BV

Thank you very much for your reply and share me.
However , I still can not understanding about "The quality level at 10% probability of acceptance." I know its is very basic of Stat. But I am confusing now.
Please help tech me by refer my Example that I think that its will make clear for me.

Thank you & Best Regards.
Rung S.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
I think your example is probably incorrect.

when dealing with LTPD, the 10% means that you have a 90% probability of detecting and therefore rejecting a lot that has the stated %defective. You only have a 10% chance of accepting a lot that bad. But remember that the LTPD point is a single point on the curve of probabilities of detecting (Rejecting) or missing (Accepting).

SO: for your example of a 2% LTPD and a sample size of 116:

at a 5% defect rate there is only a 0.3% chance of having no defects in the sample and thus acceptign the lot; there is a whopping 99.7% chance that you will find at least one defct and therefore reject the lot.

at a 1% defect rate there is a 31.35% chance of having no defects in the sampel and thus accepting the lot, so there is a 68.65% chance of having one or more defects in the sample and thus rejecting the lot.

An OC curve can be construted to show this

Does this help a little?

R

RungS

BEV D

With you explain ,
I understood that Each defect rate must be separated to calculate how many can be had in sampling result.

1 ) If I need to focus on 2% defect , the chance is 10%. So with result accept 1000 lots from 1100 lots , It will has chance to have overlook lot = 10% of 1100 = 110 Lots.

2 ) Or Other my understanding , if Expect there are 100 lots in 1100 lots have defect >2%. When sampling with LTPD2% , It will has overlook lot = 10% of 100 lots = 10 Lots.

Which is Correct 1) or 2) or no one?

Best Regards.
Rung S.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
2 is not correct, but close. Each defect rate will have a different probability of being detected as explained above. So if the defect rate is 2% or greater, then there is less of a chance of missing the lots that are substantially greater than 2% defective.

1 might be correct: IF each of the 1100 lots have exactly 2% defects, then you fail to detect that 10% of the time. But remember that probability gives the expected results over many sample sets. There is a chance that you may miss 9% of the 1100 lots or you may miss 11% of the 1100 lots...

Perhaps it woudl be helpful if you gave us more context about your question. is it purely hypothetical or is there a real world situation that is driving the question.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R How to determine LTPD (lot tolerance percent defective) or RQL Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
O LTPD (Lot Tolerance Percent Defective) Formula for Calculator Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 18
J LTPD (Lot Tolerance Percent Defective) vs. AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) Definitions AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 5
L AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) vs. LTPD (Lot Tolerance Percent Defective) AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 12
W LTPD, AQL, Ppk and Cpk validation sampling plan table Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
R Formula to tie together - Confidence/Reliability Level AQL? LTPD? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 3
D LTPD, Alpha and Beta for this plan. Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 12
M Interpreting MIL-PRF-19500 (Performance Spec, Semicon Dev) - What is LTPD of 20 - ??? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
M Material Heat Number / Lot Number ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
B Validation of FEA Analyses in Oil&Gas Industries. There are a lot of guidelines for other activities. There is a similar proposal for O&G? Design and Development of Products and Processes 0
H A better Lot/bin system Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 2
T Lot Release Test and Certificate of Analysis 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
M ISO 13485: 2016 Lot numbering question ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
shimonv Frequency and sample size for lot release of EtO sterilized products EU Medical Device Regulations 2
shimonv Single lot release for sterile packaging 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
J Sample size definition in an Automotive SMT pilot lot run Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
Q LOT or Serial Number Symbol not used when the information is contained in the UDI? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
D Supplied Product on Control Plan - Lot ranging in 40,000 pcs per product FMEA and Control Plans 3
Z Do we still have to put UDI if we have DI and lot number seperately on our product ? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
K FDA Lot Code format requirements Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
R Documenting Expiration Date Extension for a specific lot ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
S Lot assignment for secondary reference standard - Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
N AS9100 8.5.1 j) - Lot splitting - any loopholes? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
S Is Lot Number required in addition to UDI serial number? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 7
I Lot or Batch definition for IVDs Imported Legacy Blogs 0
N IVD Lot Numbers and Expiration Dates - 21 CFR 809.10 Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
J PMA Device - Lot # change in New ERP Software - What are the FDA Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
S Requirements relating to Serial Number and Lot Number Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
V 'Representative' Sample of the Lot for a Continuous Process Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
J Change in Lot Release Specifications - Definition of "Substantial Change" EU Medical Device Regulations 14
M Lot Numbers of Plastic Disposables in an LDT (laboratory developed test) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M How to Mathemetically Derive the AQL Tables given Lot Sizes AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 8
M Component Lot Number Traceability - Class I reusable and "resposable" Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
D Dual Lot Manufacturing requirements for Clinical Customers Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
R Why the FDA requests Lot Number in Testing Reports 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
E Is Design Transfer to Production be complete prior to Release of first production lot 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
G Validating a Process Based on Lot Release Criteria Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
U AQL, Lot Size vs Sampling Plans AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 8
Sam Lazzara Lot Release Testing versus Process Validation Studies Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 9
V FDA regulatory requirement on the lot number convention for medical devices US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
K Can I use ANSI/AQL for the Total Number of Containers for the entire Lot? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
H How to calculate the Lot Reject Rate Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
A How can a sample can give information about bad products in whole lot? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
M Pipet tips of the same Lot Number have different expiration dates Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
L Regulatory Submittal During 3 Lot Sterilization Validation EU Medical Device Regulations 3
C Statistics equation to determine the number of samples in a lot Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
P Lot Acceptance Plan that specifies BS 6001 Double Sampling Plans, general inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
K Class Ins CE Mark Labeling Requirements (particularly Lot or Batch symbol and number) EU Medical Device Regulations 7
N Switch to 100% inspection when lot fails sampling? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 9
G Calculating the Fraction Defective Confidence Interval for a Lot Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2