M-282 - Engineering Standard for Tolerances - Is it ASTM, DIN?

Q

QAMTY

Hi all
Have you heard or seen about the Engineering standard for tolerances M-282?
I have a requirement of a client asking me to comply with this standard.
I browsed on the web and don´t find anything regarding to this.
it is a tolerance to be applied at cutting a label made on plastic material.
I appreciate your input

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi all
Have you heard or seen about the Engineering standard for tolerances M-282?
I have a requirement of a client asking me to comply with this standard.
I browsed on the web and don´t find anything regarding to this.
it is a tolerance to be applied at cutting a label made on plastic material.
I appreciate your input
This may be too obvious, but have you asked your Client?

Q

QAMTY

Not yet, because I thought it was an international standard which I should have available for my clients, if it is not available now, I have to buy it.
But if is not possible to get it or there is not data about it , I´ll contact my client.

Thanks

Q

QAMTY

Thanks Miner
Yes you are right, the product is for York.
I´m now contacting my client about this.

Thank you so much

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Why is Canada's SOR/98-282 Amended Yearly? Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
D Medical Device Implant Registration Cards required by SOR/98-282 Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
S Mandatory Problem Reporting Forms for Health Canada (Canada's SOR 98-282) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
P SOR/98-282 Amendments - Canadian Medical Device Regulations Canada Medical Device Regulations 13
Govind Software Reliability Measurement - Telecordia standard GR-282-CORE Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
D Engineering Change Order (ECO) metrics to track ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
Marc Job Opportunity - Engineering Technician - Suspense 23 Sept 2020 Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
J UCLA extension Medical Device Engineering Program Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
G Engineering retest in line - Machine stability issues IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
A FDA and NB audit of Engineering Drawings in DHF and DMR. Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
I Good resources for learning statistics (quality engineering related) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
B Lessons Learned Implementing ISO 50001 (Chemical Engineering Progress) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
G Engineering Specifications - APQP APQP and PPAP 5
O Vendor vs Engineering Document Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
C E signatures on Engineering Change Notes AS9100 / AS9116 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
Icy Mountain Engineering Change Order...Modification Order Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 18
jjmusicjr Implementing Machine Replacement Part Reverse engineering technology Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
T Why are most companies have Quality reporting to Engineering or Operations and not to CEO ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38
I Document templates required for ISO ISO 45001 - Engineering Construction company Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
R The alignments and contradiction in Quality Engineering and management between the Automotive and Aerospace industry AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
D Engineering Drawing Review and Approval Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
V Thinning percentage in sheet metal forming per SES (Suzuki Engineering Standard) Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
P Usability/human factors engineering requirement (standard) for IVD medical device Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
R Creating WIs for a Heavy Civil Engineering Services company Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 19
S Ballooned Drawings and Engineering Changes Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
J Class 1 Medical Device ECR (Engineering Change Request) Changes 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
P Tactics to work with Design Engineering on CAR Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
D Are detailed engineering requirements Design Inputs or Design Outputs 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 14
2 First Article Requirements for Revision Changes of Engineering AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
S Engineering change order versus a design change request ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
C Applicability of ISO 9001:2015 Section 8.5 - Engineering company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
T Setting up a quality department in an Engineering Firm Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 11
C ISO 9001 2015 Documentation for Engineering and Design ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
I Engineering Drawing = Record or Document? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
G ISO 9001:2015 8.3 Design and Development (in Civil Engineering) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
G FAI (First Article Inspection) Responsibility - QC or Engineering? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
L Supplier Revision Confirmation of Received Engineering Documents ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S Document Control Guidelines in Engineering Projects - Excel sheets with VBA coding Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
A Software Suggestions for Engineering Change/QMS Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
M New MHRA guidance on Human Factors - Usability Engineering IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 1
S Process Map for an Engineering Consulting Firm Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 6
S Quality Measure for Engineering Services Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
G Senior Project for BS Mechanical Engineering Student Career and Occupation Discussions 4
L BSI White Paper on Human Factors/Usability Engineering IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 12
M More than canned audit check-sheets? Auditing the Engineering Department Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 5
A Remote Support Location Audit - Engineering prototyping and process evaluation Internal Auditing 2
M Engineering Release Process Owner Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
jkuil Cleanroom Equipment and Furniture Engineering Standards Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
N Inspection Requirements & Engineering Drawings - Measuring Shaft Dia. Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 16
S Engineering Audits - Internal Audits IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7