Mac OS X Compatible CFR Part 11 Complaint QMS Software

• Thread starter LindsayJNichols
  • Start date
L

LindsayJNichols

I have a client interested in implementing CFR Part 11 complaint QMS software (document management). All the usual subjects are microsoft centric - they need an application that will run in a Mac environment. Does anyone know of anything?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Mac Compatible CFR Part 11 complaint QMS software

A link to this software claims to run on Mac: Metric Stream

As one would expect with Mac - the herd is thin.

D

DeviceMaker

There are a number of "online" QMS systems that only require a web browser. I would advise looking into one of these sytems.

Jim Ivey

Grand Avenue Software

Good advice, but I'd recommend that the original poster verify that the vendors actually do some level of validation on the Mac platform, especially if they're looking for a document management solution. The browser/file system interactions for Windows vs. Mac can be subtly different, and not always provide the level of usability you're looking for.

If you do look at a web-based QMS solution, get the vendors to provide an evaluation environment that you can test out from your own Mac computers, and make sure to run it through scenarios that involve making changes to documents stored in the system.

Good luck.

Jim

P

Pearce364

Has anybody come across any other MAC compatible QMS software as it's something i'm looking to get implemented asap at my company before it becomes a monumental task! Any help would be appreciated

A

aledslug

I was looking for a similar answer and ran across this post...

I'm not sure if you're looking for larger corporate level setup or something simple for the desktop. If it's corporate, I'd just go with a web based one. I work in a cybersecurity firm, and we've worked with a half a dozen tools that would get what you want done. I don't have all their URLs (so many acquisitions), and this post appears like 7 years old... but if you've not found something here's a quick list of ones that may work for you:

Lockpath: lockpath.com
Onspring: onspring.com
Metricstream
RSA Archer (or maybe they're EMC or Dell now)

You could also build something in sharepoint if you've got the skill. It's fairly easy to use and web-based. Plus it ties into office on Mac & Windows.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
QMMike SPC Software for MAC computers Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
Marc Mac Users - What's coming in 2018 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
Marc Microsoft to rip up P2P Skype, killing native Mac, Linux native apps World News 0
D Mac Users - Downloading pictures from my digital camera to iPhoto After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 8
Marc Data Recovery from a Mac formatted LaCie 2 TB Drive After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
Wes Bucey Hackers now aiming at Mac users After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
D Mac users "Imovie" Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
R Control Chart Software for Mac OS-X Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
R Need Help with MS-Excel for Mac Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
ScottK I just got my first Mac... any advice or recommended software? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
C OpenOffice Comes To The Mac After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Wes Bucey No safe harbor for Mac OS X? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
Marc Google Earth v4 Released: Mac and Linux Support at Last After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
Marc Cripple a Mac simply by duping them into visiting a malicious web site After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Marc Mac users face first Apple virus? Or News and Virus Program supplier Hype After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
A Apple Macintosh - The US$500 Mini Mac - Anyone have one? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
Marc Mac OS X 10.4 'Tiger' will be released into the wild on April 29th 2005 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
Marc The New Mini Mac! Apple Computer's January 2005 Coup? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 7
Marc Linux on a Mac - #1 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
N Will an FDA UDI be compatible with a European MDR UDI? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
T Do Disposable Electrodes need CT-Compatible Testing? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
M EtO compatible or recommended materials Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
Marc There's no such thing as Android, only Android-compatible After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
Q Software that will fit the bill of Igrafx Process compatible with Macintosh? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
S Software changes (windows 2007 compatible) notification to FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
E RDC 59 - GMP for medical products Brazil versus compatible international standards Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
Jim Wynne Portable OpenOffice - Free, open-source office suite that's compatible with MS Office After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
S ISO Certification fraud? A company tells its customers it's ISO 9001 "compatible" Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 7
D FDA Guidance on Computer Software Assurance versus 21 CFR Part 11 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
A TUV Audits - 21 CFR 820 General Auditing Discussions 6
S Records - Do's and don't' of record entries (FDA - 21 CFR 820) Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 13
T 21 CFR 820.20 - Quality Planning Requirements? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S ISO 9001:2015 vs 21 CFR Part 211 matrix Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
D CFR Title 14: Aeronautics and Space PART 120—DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING PROGRAM Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 3
M 21 CFR 820 vs 21CFR820 vs 21 CFR Part 820 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
A 21 CFR 820 - Risk Management - Looking for some guidance US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
C 21 CFR 803 malfunction detected during packaging - report? Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
J 21 CFR 821 Medical Device Tracking Requirement 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
P Equipment 21 CFR 820.70(g) - User Requirements Document for Off the shelf equipment 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
Anonymous16-2 21 CFR Part 11 - Steps to take if we want to validate an electronic system Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
A 21 CFR part 11 - section 11.100 - Electronic Signature Certification Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
E 21 CFR 211.103 Calculation of Yield Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 5
D ISO 13485, FDA 21 CFR 820 and Auditing the Accounting Department ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Q 21 CFR 821 Medical Device Tracking 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
L Wearables 21 CFR Part 11 compliance Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
Ed Panek 21 CFR Part 820 - FDA Label Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
J Mislabeling - Consider this an FDA notified recall? CFR 806.10 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
L UDI Requirments Gap Analysis - EU MDR vs FDA CFR EU Medical Device Regulations 8
P 21 CFR 807.81 When a premarket notification submission is required Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
F 21 CFR Part 11 - Implicit requirements - Validation plan for a Software as a Service Other US Medical Device Regulations 1