Mac Users - What's coming in 2018

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

qualprod

Trusted Information Resource
Hey Marc

I guess you know OS and Mac apps.

Some time ago ( 20 years or so) I remember In Mac ran Apps like photoshop, Pagemaker and other graphics apps.

I dont remember specifically what were those special technical advantages compared to use same apps on Windows OS in regard to said apps, but in fact it was true.

Actually are there technical advantages in using graphic apps in Mac compared to same apps in Windows platform?

Could you or someone explain it?
Thanks

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
The bottom line is in the early days of what is now called MacOS, there were Mac graphics programs (aka "apps" or applications) which were significantly superior. And, for many years graphics departments were Mac departments because until around 2005 Macs were the best for graphics.

It's now 2018 and I do not know if MacOS is still the premier OS for graphics and/or graphics programs. So many years have passed that I would expect graphics programs for Windows, Linux and MacOS are pretty much equivalent.

Apple has pretty much switched gears, so to speak. Apple (formerly Apple Computer) is now mainly iPhone and the Apple Store content. Unfortunately, these days I do not have ready access to anyone in a major corporation's graphics department to talk to about the current state of affairs.

Anyone knows how to burn ISO to USB on Mojave? The Disk Utility couldn't do that any more, which worked fine on early versions.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I'm staying with El Capitan, and as old as I am I hope not to have to buy another computer. Everything works. Sierra and High Sierra break a lot of my legacy software.

If I see anything about Mojave and burning ISO's I'll post again. Apple has neutered Disk Utility, I know that it really sucks now.

I'm staying with El Capitan, and as old as I am I hope not to have to buy another computer. Everything works. Sierra and High Sierra break a lot of my legacy software.

If I see anything about Mojave and burning ISO's I'll post again. Apple has neutered Disk Utility, I know that it really sucks now.
Disk Utility used to a great app for burning ISO. it is really sad now

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Mac Users - Downloading pictures from my digital camera to iPhoto After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 8
Wes Bucey Hackers now aiming at Mac users After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
D Mac users "Imovie" Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
Marc Mac users face first Apple virus? Or News and Virus Program supplier Hype After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
QMMike SPC Software for MAC computers Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
Marc Microsoft to rip up P2P Skype, killing native Mac, Linux native apps World News 0
Marc Data Recovery from a Mac formatted LaCie 2 TB Drive After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
L Mac OS X Compatible CFR Part 11 Complaint QMS Software Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
R Control Chart Software for Mac OS-X Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
R Need Help with MS-Excel for Mac Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
ScottK I just got my first Mac... any advice or recommended software? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
C OpenOffice Comes To The Mac After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Wes Bucey No safe harbor for Mac OS X? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
Marc Google Earth v4 Released: Mac and Linux Support at Last After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
Marc Cripple a Mac simply by duping them into visiting a malicious web site After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
A Apple Macintosh - The US$500 Mini Mac - Anyone have one? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
Marc Mac OS X 10.4 'Tiger' will be released into the wild on April 29th 2005 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
Marc The New Mini Mac! Apple Computer's January 2005 Coup? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 7
Marc Linux on a Mac - #1 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
D ISO 14971:2019 vs MDR Annex 1, Requirement #4 - "Manufacturers shall inform users of any residual risks" ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
U Intended Users in IFU (Instructions for Use) EU Medical Device Regulations 5
C In cases where users of an electronic system change their names Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 6
M Informational MDDI - It’s Time to Meet the Users of Medical Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
A Users won't return devices from pre-CE performance evaluation study EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Marc New Malware Targets Facebook and Linkedin Users through Image Files Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Marc Hackers unleash smart Twitter phishing tool that snags two in three users IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 7
C 510(k) STED Format - Feedback from users US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
L Canadian Users of ISO 14001 please contact me ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 4
P Any Zorpia Users Here? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
D Any Epicore Quality System Users? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
A Medical Device Distribution in the EU to Patients (End-Users) EU Medical Device Regulations 3
N Any ULM (Universal Length Measuring device) Users? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 5
J Looking for feedback from current/former Intelex users Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
D Any Unipoint QMS users here? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 8
O Gage Study training explanation for Gage Users Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
Marc Will Facebook lose 80% of its users by 2017? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 12
Ajit Basrur How to allow users to enter values in a protected MS Excel worksheet ? Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 4
W Product Training Requirements for Users of Product(s) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
J Yearly Cleanroom Revalidation Test Requirements - Questions for users clean room ISO7 Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 5
Stijloor Google Chrome Internet Browser - Any Google Chrome users? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 21
E Basic SPC Guide (5-10 pages) for Entry Level Users - Recommendations Please Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
Hershal Who among users here is involved in ENERGY STAR? Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 8
Marc 7.5 Million Facebook Users under 13 Years Old After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
D AS 9100 Rev C "10 Minutes" Presentation to Non-Users needed AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
C Sunday Business Systems? Current users? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 10
Marc 66% of All Windows Users Still Use Windows XP After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 19
Claes Gefvenberg Microsoft Windows users: Which windows version are you using? March - April 2010 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 37
Jim Wynne February 2010 Windows Update Causes BSOD for Alureon Rooted XP Users After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 8
L Sample size for validation run with product users 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Marc China has more Web users than US has citizens After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2