Machinery FMEA (MFMEA) Training for a QS-9000 TE Supplement company

D

Dan De Yarman

FMEA Training

Does anyone know a good company for doing FMEA Training for a QS-9000 TE Supplement company? It is different from regular FMEA, so it is a little specialized (e.g., Machinery FMEA).

I'm looking to train approximately 10 individuals (either on site or off site) to FMEA as required by the TE Supplement, not standard FMEA training. If any of you are interested in providing the training yourselves, I will need both prices and availability from you.

Thanks in advance,

Dan De Yarman

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

Dan De Yarman

Acro Automation Systems, Inc.
2900 W. Green Tree Rd., P.O. Box 09961
Miwaukee, WI 53209-0961

Our street address is in Glendale, but our P.O. Box is in Milwaukee. We are in suburb just north of Milwaukee.

A

Al Dyer

Dan,

Eastern Michigan University has some good training sessions and will come to your facility. There are probably schools closer to you that would require less travel expense. Sorry but I don't have their web address available but they shouln't be hard to find.

D

Dan De Yarman

Al, FMEA for tooling and equipment manufacturers is different from FMEA's as described in the AIAG's FMEA Manual. The application is very different for companies like ours, when you only build one or two machines (products) vs. thousands or millions of piece parts (like many other automotive manufacturers do). We have to redefine our Severity and Occurence scales before we can do anything else. That is just an example of the differences between a regular FMEA and one for a tooling and equipment company.

Universities and colleges are good sources for this, except I think (I'm not sure) they focus on the regular FMEA instead of FEMA for machinery manufacturers.

I'll look at an institution of higher learning if I can't find what I'm looking for (at a reasonable price) in the industry.

Dan De Yarman

[This message has been edited by Dan De Yarman (edited 16 January 2001).]

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Laura might be able to locate something. I have an FMEA course but my only background in machinery FMEAs was after the fact while bringing up a line for Kelsey-Hayes a few years back.

On the other hand, I don't see it as a big issue as it's no more than a risk analysis. For example, while on processes, I have been involved in Hazardous Operations Evaluation studies which are nothing more than an FMEA with a focus on operator safety and equipment survival in the manufacture of explosives.

Have you looked at the machinery FMEA document in the pdf_files directory? It's really pretty standard stuff.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Machinery FMEA (MFMEA) Information FMEA and Control Plans 8
apestate What Is A Machinery FMEA (MFMEA)? SAE J1739, Section 5. FMEA and Control Plans 5
P Design FMEA for Industrial Machinery FMEA and Control Plans 3
B Machinery FMEA Handbook in electronic format FMEA and Control Plans 5
C How to develop an Equipment / Machinery FMEA - Remember the key word: Predictive FMEA and Control Plans 7
P Marking Machinery for Israel CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
Q Bespoke Machinery Process Control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
J Machinery Directive vs. MDD Comparison Matrix wanted EU Medical Device Regulations 6
N Minimum Design factor for CE Marking for machinery CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
M Sample Technical Construction File for Machinery Directive CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
V Equipment/Machinery Validation in ISO/TS 16949:2009 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
B Production Control and Traceability - Manufacturing Fishing Vessel Deck Machinery Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
B Should I include documentation for Machinery that isn't in use? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
D CE Marking Modified Machinery CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
R Analysing Scrap from Machinery Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
M Is there an expectation to meet harmonised standards of the Machinery Directive? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
T Packaging Validation - New Machinery - Terminally Sterilized Medical Devices Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 7
J CE Mark - Technical File Help - Machinery Directive 98/37/ec CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
R Work Instructions - Processes - Does all machinery need to have work instructions? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
A Recast Machinery Directive (May 2006) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
samer Machinery Acceptence Criteria Determination? Chemical Blending (Pharmaceutical Plant) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
Z Audit Check List for Safety Machinery - Conformity with OSHA 1910 General Auditing Discussions 7
D Machinery qualifications runoff requirements QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 1
M Machinery Qualification Runoff test QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 3
M How is TPM related to Software Engineering vs. People and Machinery? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 5
B Why the Greek god Hephaestus should have done a design FMEA (DFMEA) on his giant robot APQP and PPAP 1
P Design FMEA - Detection Rating criteria ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
J Which OEM or customers are now requiring the new AIAG/VDA FMEA format? FMEA and Control Plans 0
C AIAG/VDA FMEA - Is the new better? FMEA and Control Plans 0
I Does anybody use Detection in medical device Design FMEA? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 18
P VDA AIAG FMEA - Slides for Quality Audience FMEA and Control Plans 4
B AIAG/VDA’s FMEA Manual Is a Major Advance (my take on this subject) FMEA and Control Plans 2
B AIAG-VDA FMEA - When the new format will be required FMEA and Control Plans 5
D Where does "as far as possible" stop? FMEA - EN 14971 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 29
R What are the changes in 5th Edition of FMEA manual? FMEA and Control Plans 6
M Risk and Corrective actions - Currently no FMEA's - Car systems Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 8
C FMEA Process assessment In the Draft for the AIAG/VDA FMEA Manual is gone FMEA and Control Plans 0
Jimmy123 Example of a P-Diagram for Process FMEA - Uncontrollable noises FMEA and Control Plans 39
Jimmy123 FMEA - Preventive vs Detection Control FMEA and Control Plans 7
M MANUAL FMEA VDA VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 1
L Which one is more important for FMEA CC or SC, FMEA and Control Plans 6
G FMEA financial benefits APQP and PPAP 2
M Foundation FMEA: what is it? FMEA and Control Plans 15
eule del ayre Merging FMEA and Quality Control Process Flow FMEA and Control Plans 0
K AIAG/VDA FMEA & Process Control Plans FMEA and Control Plans 0
D FMEA-MSR in the AIAG-VDA Aligned Handbook - What is it? FMEA and Control Plans 4
bobdoering Catching up on the new FMEA book! Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 2
bobdoering AIAG VDA FMEA Handbook - 2019 - something familiar about this.... FMEA and Control Plans 37
S New AIAG FMEA Process - How to complete the new format FMEA and Control Plans 32
C FMEA - Multiple function failures considerations FMEA and Control Plans 3